Rogue Trader - meet some of the crew Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:55 am
So yeah, my mind is everywhere these days. Here are some of the things I'm working on in preparation for Rogue Trader.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Here we have two servitors, the second being a conversion in progress. Then we have a lowly tech-priest whom may be upgraded to Explorator and finally a FW servitor, still WIP.

Still waiting for the Pig Iron heads to complete the look. These guys are based on scouts but will be Void Walkers, the guys who assault enemy vessels or hulks the old fashioned way.

Five WIP conversions of flight crew for Rogue Trader scenarios. Mostly made from spare Cadian torsos and tank commander bits. Just your basic allotment of ground crew really, you got the guy with the jerry can, the guy with a blue box thingy, a guy with the glow sticks waving things around, a guy scanning something (scanner not found yet) and a deck officer pointing at people for no obvious reason.

Some random characters for Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader. The first and last model are from Privateer Press' Mercenary range. f.l.t.r.: Assassin, Master of Whispers / security officer, feudal world militia sergeant and an aspiring tech priest.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:47 am
I recognize that commissar!

I like the center guy in the flight crew, is he converted from the same stock as the rest?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:33 pm
Cadian tank commander legs and torso, Empire militia arms with daggers acting as the lights, an old Sentinel pilot head, Cadian command respirator and a Catachan pistol holster.

It pays off to have craptons of spare bits. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:30 am
I see you're using that servitor, I do hope you had no trouble putting the fiddly parts together and cleaning them. I'm guessing that the servo skull is from the Cadian command set right?

I didn't know you were that good at converting! Those Scouts look amazing with those custom poses. The model on the left holding the bolter left-handed looks like a really hard to pull off pose.

Those are some nice conversions, simple and to the point. FW really needs to release some Imperial ground crews like with the Tau, so you can use them for dioramas or special raid scenarios on hangars and airstrips. The bloke in the middle I like the most, mostly because he's the only one that looks like he knows what he's doing! xd How big is your bits box again? One of these I will break in at night and raid it. ninja

Feudal world militia? Sounds like a fun campaign or encounter at the very least. I see that he's holding a repeater pistol, got any rules to go with that? Those two non-GW models, do you have a link to them in their original state? They look lovely but the details are kinda hard to make out. sweatdrop

edit.

I commented per picture! sweatdrop  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:53 am
Lady Blodwynn
I see you're using that servitor, I do hope you had no trouble putting the fiddly parts together and cleaning them. I'm guessing that the servo skull is from the Cadian command set right?
Eh, I had some trouble getting the hand in place but nothing too severe. I might repaint the robes into something darker and more drab, maybe dark red like the tech-priest or a darker brown with stains all over. And aye, the skull is from the Cadian command boxed set, a fine addition to this model. Maybe I'll convert the second one into carrying a laspistol of sorts, so the tech-priest can count as an Explorator instead with servo skull familiars.

Lady Blodwynn
I didn't know you were that good at converting! Those Scouts look amazing with those custom poses. The model on the left holding the bolter left-handed looks like a really hard to pull off pose.
Ha, no silly! Those are crew and passengers from the Land Speeder Storm. Which I'm converting up for DH and RT as well BTW.

Lady Blodwynn
Those are some nice conversions, simple and to the point. FW really needs to release some Imperial ground crews like with the Tau, so you can use them for dioramas or special raid scenarios on hangars and airstrips. The bloke in the middle I like the most, mostly because he's the only one that looks like he knows what he's doing! xd How big is your bits box again? One of these I will break in at night and raid it. ninja
I've got about five boxes of bits now. redface Three are the size of Assault on Black Reach boxes and two boxes the size of those old army deals. Come on over and have a rummage I'd say.

Lady Blodwynn
Feudal world militia? Sounds like a fun campaign or encounter at the very least. I see that he's holding a repeater pistol, got any rules to go with that? Those two non-GW models, do you have a link to them in their original state? They look lovely but the details are kinda hard to make out. sweatdrop
Yeah, they had a box of Bretonnians on sale so I grabbed it and tried to make a WWI styled regiment. That was a miserable attempt so now I've done minor conversions and kitbashes to turn them into feudal city militia. I might get a second box of them and convert those into support troops with weapons like the blunderbuss, a hand-cranked heavy stubber (Gatling) and other primitive weapons.

As for the two models:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lady Blodwynn
edit.

Not a problem! wink  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:05 am
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Eh, I had some trouble getting the hand in place but nothing too severe. I might repaint the robes into something darker and more drab, maybe dark red like the tech-priest or a darker brown with stains all over. And aye, the skull is from the Cadian command boxed set, a fine addition to this model. Maybe I'll convert the second one into carrying a laspistol of sorts, so the tech-priest can count as an Explorator instead with servo skull familiars.
You're really getting into it big time I see. Maybe we should try playing it with mini's as well. Converting and painting up proper models is half the fun.

Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Ha, no silly! Those are crew and passengers from the Land Speeder Storm. Which I'm converting up for DH and RT as well BTW.
Oh, you cheated. Ok. Don't let me catch you do that again.

Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
I've got about five boxes of bits now. redface Three are the size of Assault on Black Reach boxes and two boxes the size of those old army deals. Come on over and have a rummage I'd say.
Consider it a deal, I've heard some titbits about the stuff you got in the last few months and I salivate a bit at the trove of bits you must've acquired with all those new kits.

Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Yeah, they had a box of Bretonnians on sale so I grabbed it and tried to make a WWI styled regiment. That was a miserable attempt so now I've done minor conversions and kitbashes to turn them into feudal city militia. I might get a second box of them and convert those into support troops with weapons like the blunderbuss, a hand-cranked heavy stubber (Gatling) and other primitive weapons.
That's actually a pretty neat idea, consider yourself a welcome guest at our next session! wink

Lt. Brookman
As for the two models:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Awww, those are lovely. 4laugh

Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
edit.

Not a problem! wink
You're welcome! Though we're now in multi-quote hell. gonk  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

bjs.09-00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:19 am
I do like the work on all of these!
And I hope to see them fully painted at some point.
Inspires me to finish my tech priest..ugh..such a hard conversion.
Will be watching and waiting to see the results!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:50 am
Lt. Brookman
Hey, that one looks like me! surprised  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:46 am
Kaori Kapoigne
Lt. Brookman
you should sue whoever made that model for basing it on you without permission. then you can EASILY afford this hobby!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:19 pm
fire - link
Kaori Kapoigne
Lt. Brookman
you should sue whoever made that model for basing it on you without permission. then you can EASILY afford this hobby!
I can afford this hobby but I choose not to. xp  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:26 pm
That's like saying "I could shag Beyonce, but I don't want to."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:41 pm
I could spent a shitload of money on crap, or I could spend it on neat stuff like Ann Summers, concert tickets, DJ gear and cartons of fags. xp  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:47 pm
well, I'D choose not to... but maybe thats just me...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:44 pm
I like the look of the Scouts thus far, Brookman. What are you thinking about giving them for support gear, or are you going to include any?  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:32 am
Them scouts needs heads ya git! gonk  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]