Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Lesbian goddesses? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alice Morbid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:02 am
Okay so I searched for lesbian goddesses on google and came up with this:
http://johanna-hypatia.livejournal.com/71020.html
and I'm not sure how true any of it is o.o But, do any of you know of a lesbian goddess? Is Artemis really a lesbian? o.o

(I apologize in advance for all ignorant things said if any are in this post) sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:44 am
Oh, maybe even more specifically if possible... kind of like a goddess pair?(lovers kind of?)
I really don't know very much about gods or goddesses yet.  

Alice Morbid

patch99329

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:30 am
Artemis is not a lesbian. She is a virgin.

I think that comes from people now understanding her reasons for remaining a virgin, and then saying 'omgzz shes a dyke'. stare  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:50 am
Furthermore, that list pretty well ignores that strictly categorising people as hetero, homo, or bisexual is, iirc, a fairly recent development. Relatively speaking.  

Calixti

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:44 am
That list has perhaps the worst research I have seen for something like that in ages.

Let's get to the point here. Sovereign, why are you looking for a lesbian goddess. Why does who a deity sleeps with matter to you?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:40 am
TeaDidikai
That list has perhaps the worst research I have seen for something like that in ages.

Let's get to the point here. Sovereign, why are you looking for a lesbian goddess. Why does who a deity sleeps with matter to you?

It doesn't really. I was just curious. Thought it might be interesting ^^; Hope I didn't offend anybody..

edit: hm.. maybe in some way.. maybe I was just wondering if there was a goddess with whom I could relate a tiny bit better in the love department.  

Alice Morbid

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:00 am
Succubus Sovereign
maybe I was just wondering if there was a goddess with whom I could relate a tiny bit better in the love department.
What does the purported genitalia of the person the goddess sleeps with have to do with relating "in the love department"?

Last I checked, and folks feel free to correct me if I'm wrong- the interpersonal romantic struggles and triumphs of heterosexaul, homosexual and other such relationships don't differ a whole lot from one another.

Romantic relationships, be they pairs, poly, homosexual, heterosexual- whatever, will share the same basic problems.

Money, ********, attention, communication, In Laws, religious tensions, philosophical differences... isn't really that different when you remove the packaging in my experience.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:43 am
TeaDidikai
Succubus Sovereign
maybe I was just wondering if there was a goddess with whom I could relate a tiny bit better in the love department.
What does the purported genitalia of the person the goddess sleeps with have to do with relating "in the love department"?

Last I checked, and folks feel free to correct me if I'm wrong- the interpersonal romantic struggles and triumphs of heterosexaul, homosexual and other such relationships don't differ a whole lot from one another.

Spot-on, Tea, at least in my experience. 3nodding  

Lance Kibagari

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:59 am
What Tea said reflects my sentiments as well.

Just to clarify, we're not saying that you're wrong or anything for wanting to relate better to a goddess, but just that with a little more thinking, love really isn't all different between the those distinctions. Gays have a lot of the same relationship problems that straight people do.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:37 am
I have to agree with everyone else so far.
Love is love, right?  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:40 pm
This isn't to say that there is no justification in celebrating the triumphs in civil rights progression and the like. It's just that it isn't appropriate to revamp history to turn a deity into a lesbian in order to feel comfortable.

Heck, if Sappho was comfortable writing to Aphrodite, why wouldn't modern Lesbians be?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:32 pm
Taliah
What Tea said reflects my sentiments as well.

Just to clarify, we're not saying that you're wrong or anything for wanting to relate better to a goddess, but just that with a little more thinking, love really isn't all different between the those distinctions. Gays have a lot of the same relationship problems that straight people do.

Yes, love is love. ^-^ and.. yes.. many of the same problems.
But I guess.. what led me partly to even wondering about this was the sex part of wica, since it sounds like: fertility, man woman. Which yes.. Man and woman = fertility where as woman + woman doesn't...
@Tea. I really don't care about genitalia or who someone sleeps with. For the most part, I don't think of physical things... or sex :/ I have many trans girl-friends, some of which are lesbians. Genitalia has nothing to do with orientation IMO.
And really, I guess I phrased my question wrong, since. (and I mean no disrespect) but some of the Gods and Goddesses seemed rather sexual and I wondered if one or more had a preference for the same sex; particularly a lesbian.
I have no intention of changing someone's views of someone's God/dess, nor do I care for new interpretations of the old ones really.. I repeat. It was pretty much all just out of curiosity.
Thanks all for your replies ^-^  

Alice Morbid

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:43 pm
Succubus Sovereign
But I guess.. what led me partly to even wondering about this was the sex part of wica, since it sounds like: fertility, man woman. Which yes.. Man and woman = fertility where as woman + woman doesn't...
Actually, the elements of fertility have nothing to do with sexual orientation. Male + Female is about polarity.

Quote:
And really, I guess I phrased my question wrong, since. (and I mean no disrespect) but some of the Gods and Goddesses seemed rather sexual and I wondered if one or more had a preference for the same sex; particularly a lesbian.
Why?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:01 pm
TeaDidikai
Succubus Sovereign
Actually, the elements of fertility have nothing to do with sexual orientation. Male + Female is about polarity.

Quote:
Why?

You ask why.. and yet all I really had to say to that when I read your reply was another "why". :/ Why why why why... I don't think it really matters why.. It was a passing thought, just a little something I thought might be interesting to hear. I suppose it might have been amusing to me. Why do you ask? lol  

Alice Morbid

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:04 pm
Succubus Sovereign
Why do you ask? lol
To understand the situation. But hey- if you don't want to take my inquires seriously and feel like dismissing the effort I am putting into responding to you- I shall simply stop.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff