Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
I need help. People please demonic attack. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saint Of Demons

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:32 pm
What can anybody tell me about Belial???  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:30 pm
Fine, fine, I'll touch this.

If I'm reading my websites right, then "belial" means "without yoke", and in some instances is used to mean "useless" or "anti-establishment". In the New Testament, it's used to describe either an unbeliever, or as an anti-Christ.

In more non-canon mythology, Belial is a seducer that leads those astray.

In Angel Sanctuary, Belial is one of the seven Satans who is in love with Lucifer because he's the only person who has never desired her. She is the Satan of seduction, lust, and desire.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Nattfodd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:32 pm
Yeah, in the manga Priest he's one of eleven demons or something, the one who owns Ivan Isaacs.

Belial is way cool according to anime.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:45 pm
I have to ask first...what makes you think you are being attacked by a demon?

As for Belial...

Belial: also Beliar ('the unholy one', 'the worthless one'). Wicked men are specifically described in the Old Testement as 'men of Belial' (2 Samuel 16: 7). In Psalm 18: 5 the word is used in the phrase 'floods of ungodly men' (nachalei belial), usually rendered in Catholic Bible translations as 'streams of the devil'. Satan, the devil, is clearly intended in the reference in 2 Corinthians 6: 15, and similarly in passages in the Qumran texts: Belial is the spirit (and the prince) of darkness.

source: pg 60 Dictionary of Gods and Goddesses, Devils and Demons by Manfred Lurker (translated from German by G.L. Campbell)  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Saint Of Demons

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:06 am
Alright the reason I think this is a demonic attack or something.

My friend banished a demon we don't know it's name but it was causing some chaos when it came into contact with us. And well it was a banishment gone wrong I don't know why he did it we didn't ask him to but he did and now this demon (Belial) has come in it's place. It has taken shelter we believe near his house which is out in the country. We had gone back into the woods between his property and my other friends property who lives directly behind him. We were in the woods it was pitch dark and one of my friends started freaking out panicking and just not acting himself he kept asking if we heard this high pitched girls voice chanting "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 B, E, L, I, A, L" and he just got sick and just panicking out of his mind and ran back to the house where everybody else is. That's how we found out who the demon was.
Then the 3 of us who stayed there wanted to see if something was really out there so we lit his zippo (full fluid and no wind I swear on anything I am telling the truth) and I asked for it to extinguish the zippo and the flame started flickering intensly getting smaller than bigger until it extinguished (none of us could blow the zippo out with our breath so we had to ruled that out and we knew it wasn't out of fluid because it worked multiple times the rest of the night).
And what was happening to my friend we believe is under attack he kept mentioning exrteme cold, gnats, molding bread, flesh wounds in the shape of circles and designs that could form the letters of Belial. and he kept saying we had stumbled and messed with something way over our heads. He kept mentioning the dead sea scrolls, the moon, and a story over and over and over. And then at the end he started speaking fluently in another language and in a voice that was high pitched. We think it was latin but we also thought maybe Hebrew. We don't know for sure because neither of us speak Hebrew or study Latin. He also mentioned something about Belials dwelling in the forest or close to him or something.
That's the time we got a little freaked out because he was NOT himself and we know this for sure. And we left as soon as we could.

That's the jist of the story.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:28 am
Two questions. If neither of you know what he speaking, how do you 1)know what it was, and 2)know he was speaking it fluently?  

IH_Zero

Saint Of Demons

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:33 am
well we could tell it was fluent because of how perfectly he was saying these non-english words, like it just sounded like he speaked whatever language that it is perfectly, and afterwards we had asked him what he was saying. and he started speaking "olde english" if that makes sense and sayed something about the Lord's Prayer. we assume he was mocking it, but we have no idea.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:55 am
I'm having trouble believing this is a demonic possession. It sounds like your friend is trying really, really hard to convince himself (and you) that he is possessed.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:38 am
Saint Of Demons
Alright the reason I think this is a demonic attack or something.

It's something.
That something is called a "Mr. Dark".
It's an elaborate psychodrama created by a person or group to make themselves feel special and not cut out of the same cloth as all the other teenage posers which, inevitably, proves them to be cut out of the same cloth as all the other teenage posers.
Your friend is not possessed. He is just starved for attention.
Feeding into this will just get you and your friend hurt.
Remain calm and collected. Refuse to acknowledge his possession.

Saint Of Demons
And what was happening to my friend we believe is under attack he kept mentioning exrteme cold, gnats, molding bread, flesh wounds in the shape of circles and designs that could form the letters of Belial.

This is what makes me call shenanigans.
Demons speaking English.
Why would demons speak English.
Back in my day, demons spoke Demonic or Angelic or Sumerian or some equally obscure language like Malchaic (that was the favoured one in the Mr. Dark circles that I was on the outskirts of as a teenage skater). Seriously people. Get some new stuff.

Saint Of Demons
He kept mentioning the dead sea scrolls, the moon, and a story over and over and over.

More evidence of the nonsense.
The dead sea scrolls are just Jewish religious texts in Hebrew.

Saint Of Demons
And then at the end he started speaking fluently in another language and in a voice that was high pitched.

I guarantee you he was speaking nonsense.
Get a recording of it next time using your phone, or something, and post it to the internet so that I can show you why it's nonsense.

Saint Of Demons
We think it was latin but we also thought maybe Hebrew.

It was nonsense.

Saint Of Demons
We don't know for sure because neither of us speak Hebrew or study Latin.

Which is why he chose that nonsense.
So it would be something neither of you can gainsay him on.

Saint Of Demons
He also mentioned something about Belials dwelling in the forest or close to him or something.

Why don't you look up on the internet how many areas Belial's haunting.
Seriously, don't you think a demon's got more interesting things to do than pick on some children?
What makes your friend so special, because he's going to have some super fascinating history made up (again, a guarantee).

Saint Of Demons
That's the time we got a little freaked out because he was NOT himself and we know this for sure.

Your friend was ******** with you. Taking you along for the ride.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:41 am
Saint Of Demons
well we could tell it was fluent because of how perfectly he was saying these non-english words, like it just sounded like he speaked whatever language that it is perfectly, and afterwards we had asked him what he was saying. and he started speaking "olde english" if that makes sense and sayed something about the Lord's Prayer. we assume he was mocking it, but we have no idea.

Nonsense
If he was speaking Old English, it would have sounded like Dutch or possibly Danish.
You would not have been able to figure that it was anything other than a foreign contemporary language.

Either willingly or unwittingly, you are a part of this Mr. Dark.
You are feeding it.
You are playing along.
It is NOT REAL.

Start a gaming circle or, if you're old enough, join the Camarilla.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:02 am
Such a high ranking demon wwouldn't "waste their time" on someone who can banish a demon. Belial is too high a rank to be behind this. Not to mention the fact that it sounds like it all sounds like a bunch of nonsense. If it were a demon, it wouldn't be messing around like that. Your friend would have been long dead by now or would have committed some atrocity.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:23 am
CuAnnan
This doesn't always discourage Mr. Darks. wink

One of the local Vladers used White Wolf as his chief source material. I was going to have to strangle him in his sleep the next time he tried to touch me in order to create a sympathetic link between me and my "Vampire" Ancestor in order to divine the future of his Gangrel friend.

I swear.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:03 pm
TeaDidikai
CuAnnan
This doesn't always discourage Mr. Darks. wink

One of the local Vladers used White Wolf as his chief source material. I was going to have to strangle him in his sleep the next time he tried to touch me in order to create a sympathetic link between me and my "Vampire" Ancestor in order to divine the future of his Gangrel friend.

I swear.

True.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:21 pm
Most times I try not to wonder about possessions, but curiosity is a tricky one. Exorcism of Emily Rose started it, mainly.

Are there any sure ways to know if it's really a possession? Or is that very situational?  

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:26 pm
Taliah

Are there any sure ways to know if it's really a possession? Or is that very situational?
Well, depends on what kind of possession.

See, the Catholics have tests they issue to those claiming to be possessed before they perform an exorcism.

My tradition has similar tests and my personal experience has been that it works outside of my tradition as well, but then, said experience is limited.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff