2009 Star Trek Convention Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miral Paris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:21 pm
Who's going?

This'll be my first one, so naturally I'm really excited. Can you believe Christopher Lloyd's going to be there? Talk about big-name stars.

So yeah. Share your past experiences, thoughts, etc. here.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:39 pm
I'm going to the Trek Expo next month in Chicago. Just a screening at the Portage Theater, Star Trek II and III. It's great, because they'll be screening my favorite Trek Film.

Unfortunately, Shatner's gonna be there..... grrr.....  

Matt Pniewski

Raining_Stardust

Aged Ladykiller

5,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:05 pm
Yay! I'm going to the Star Trek con in Vegas next week! My third year there. smile

I almost cried tears of joy my first year there. Especially with The Experience being right there.
It really won't be the same without having Flaming Ribs of Targ for dinner...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:34 am
Matt Pniewski
Unfortunately, Shatner's gonna be there..... grrr.....

In what way can that be considered unfortunate? D:  

blueorca_91

Dunedien

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:22 pm
I'm not going to the Star Trek con, but I am going to GenCon. There are always a few klingons and vulcans in attendance there.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:55 pm
Why the hell would it be unfortunate if the biggest star trek captain is not there...?  

The Angry Therapist

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:05 am
platsdevil
Why the hell would it be unfortunate if the biggest star trek captain is not there...?

Maybe he's not much of a Shatner fan...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:36 am
Wish I could go...I've had the chance to go to one of these things. I live to fair away...in the desert of Southern Utah.  

MortalX

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:50 pm
platsdevil

Because Shatner is notoriously one of the biggest assholes in Hollywood. Also, he's a terrible actor.

Give me Bob Picardo or George Takei, or Jonathon Frakes, or any one who is both talented and likable over a talentless jerk any day....  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:30 pm
Matt Pniewski

Give me Bob Picardo or George Takei, or Jonathon Frakes, or any one who is both talented and likable over a talentless jerk any day....

Yeah I would have loved to meet Deforest Kelley and James Doohan before they passed away.  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:44 am
SuperCrazyChocolate
Matt Pniewski

Yeah I would have loved to meet Deforest Kelley and James Doohan before they passed away.

Well, yeah.

My biggest fear is that Shatner being there will scare others away.

http://www.startrekchicago.com/

LeVar Burton might show up.

Takei hasn't gotten back to them. I want them to get Takei. I met him once, but very briefly, when I was doing a documentary on the Chicago Gay Pride Parade, and he was the grand marshall.

Long story short, Takei is cool as hell.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:57 pm
Matt Pniewski
SuperCrazyChocolate
Matt Pniewski

Well, yeah.

My biggest fear is that Shatner being there will scare others away.

http://www.startrekchicago.com/

LeVar Burton might show up.

Takei hasn't gotten back to them. I want them to get Takei. I met him once, but very briefly, when I was doing a documentary on the Chicago Gay Pride Parade, and he was the grand marshall.

Long story short, Takei is cool as hell.

Well don't worry about it. There are plenty of people here who like Shatner only because he played a popular Star Trek Captain and don't even know about all those people saying that he's a jerk. I really liked having an Asian play a part as a helmsman because when Takei played Sulu it eliminated the stereotype that Asians were bad drivers because if they really were bad at it, then wouldn't everyone be dead/lost?  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Dust Dancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:46 pm
I for one love everyone who was on the TOS cast. Especially William Shatner.

I mean, if Leonard Nimoy could call himself Shatner's best friend, I'm sure William Shatner isn't all that bad a guy.

But this thread isn't for defending the egotistical and adorable b*****d, its about Star Trek conventions. I'll save my Shatner speech for another day.

I was planning on going to LV con this year (this is the one you're referring to, correct?), but I didn't have anyone to go with ;_;!!! So sad, cuz Nimoy and Shatner are gonna be there TOGETHER! On stage AGAIN. And most likely they won't do it next year because Shatner said he's gonna rest for a while, at his age, who knows how long that'll be O_O

I'll be there next year though! Ooh! If anyone else is planning on going next year, we should plan something and meet up! I don't have many trekkie friends, and the only ones I have are the ones I've met online. Maybe we can have a Gaia gathering if enough people can do it :^)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:13 am
I'm going to NEFANX, because that's all I can afford right now... emo Leonard Nimoy and John de Lancie are confirmed guests, so I suppose that makes up for it.  

Bellicosa

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:32 am
I would love to go to a Star Trek convention but I don't know about any in Canada. Does anyone know any conventions there?  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff