Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
How To Make Ourselves Known Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:14 am
User Image
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

I came across a problem when talking to my friends in towns.
I told them that I was excited because I was working on the 8th Annual Ball, and to let me know if they had any ideas.
They either didn't know WHAT I was talking about, thought I was talking about the Anniversary Ball, or Prom. VERY few people knew what I was talking about. And even fewer attended.

So I was wondering...
Even though there's an announcement,
People don't always read their announcements.
So what would be some good ways to make sure people know when and what the ball is?

My Suggestions

-Banners in Our Sigs
-Ask if Gaia could put an announcement out ahead of time? That way people could prepare. I don't think they did that this year, but I could be wrong.
-Word of Mouth [Tell all your friends!]
-Have a smaller event halfway through the year? Maybe as a fundraiser? It could be just one thread, but maybe we could get Gaia to announce it. I know some anime conventions have a smaller convention at the halfway mark. At this time we could award just a few small prizes and have some contests that help us get ready for the ball. We could use this time to announce our theme and when the ball is going to be around.
-Lots of contests that clearly explain what the ball is? These would grab people's attention.
-We could make an information thread outside of this forum that gives updates on the ball. If anyone wants me to make this thread, I will. <3 But it might be best if the host does it.
-You know those little banners in the art threads that are like advertisements? The 'Links Out?' Maybe if any of you have art shops you could put a link in there for the ball. If we make the thread from the suggestion above this one, we cold link the banner to there.

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:21 am
Those little buttons would be affiliates. XD I can go nag people to link us?  

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:24 am
User Image
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

I think we'd need a thread in the forums first.
Like an informational thread with updates about the ball.
<3
They could link to that.

I knew there was word for them!
I just blanked.
x.x
I'm sleepy.
So thanks for helping me wiff my words.
>w<

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:28 am
Well, when I advertised for last years, we just had it link to the guild. Then, we posted their links when the ball went live.

Although linking them to the fanthread would be a much better idea.  

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:28 am
I'm still working on the fanthread. I'm basically just waiting for the layout. ^^ heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:29 am
XD Almost done with that.  

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:30 am
yay biggrin heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:01 am
User Image
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

Sounds like a good idea!
<3
It'll be so much easier to make these banners once we know the theme...

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
User Image

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

animemangakuryujiru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:13 am
we should have Gaia make an announcement regarding the ball, perhaps? and best to do it before the ball, so that people get some idea on it. Like some of the things here on gaia, they make announcements of it repetitivel at regular intervals; perhaps we can do that to remind people, bug people, interest people, and reach out to the newcomers to Gaia or old returners to gaia?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:44 am
Gaia's not going to do that-- in fact, I might sound hypocritical, but I think it would be very unfair of them if they did give us that much special treatment. We're a user run event-- and the fact that they even announce us and give us our own forum is a lot more than other user run events get. I feel its our responsibility to get our name out there. Want to get known by more gaians? Go where there are lots of Gaians. We need to establish more ways for people to be able to get involved! And that includes networking with some of the larger guilds (and even smaller ones). The fund raisers and mini events will help a lot-- and perhaps even getting one of those mini events spotlighted and/or the guild at some point in the year could be helpful. (Well, being spotlighted can also be a double edged sword...) But, I don't think it would be fair for them to spotlight us only because we do the annual ball-- but certainly if we are doing something noteworthy in the community they might consider it.

A lil' recruitment scheme that zOMG Elite has done to gain members is doing 'Guild Only' events that they 'publicly announce'. I've heard their quite successful if well executed.

I've been thinking about this for a while now-- but Lady Angelishia, I think you would potentially make for a great PR person. Come up with various social events for the guild and for the public. I'd love to see you actually put some of your ideas into action. I will support you and I am sure others in the guild will, too. I plan to support Bliss' fan thread when she gets it live. I highly recommend us taking advantage of holiday events Gaia throws as well.

So my words of encouragement to you Angelisha would be to take one of the ideas on your list and put it into motion. And if you need any help you just ask.  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:59 pm
User Image
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

>w<
Aww, thanks!
I think I'll start making things when we know our hosty and our theme.
Then I can make topics and banners that make sense.
<3
-nodnod-

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:06 pm
My biggest concern is I'm getting the vibe that people are getting restless as they await the hostess/theme to be determined. Which seems all the more perfect reason to do a social type event to entertain us while we wait. ^^  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:09 pm
User Image
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

I'm thinking that sometime this weekend I might make a little event like I talked about in my other thread. ^^. I just need to find a good time for everyone. <3

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:08 pm
Well when you wanna do an event, I'll help with anything you need. <3  

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Princess Angelishia
Crew