No, not really.
  It's stupid.
  I want one!
  *gold option*
View Results

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:31 pm
Yesterday I managed to convince the keeper of the house to buy a little something for the lawn. smile I think it's pretty funny.

Check out that site, it has some nice things in it.

Discuss:

- Any gothic/fantasy themed (or other) home decor you might have, or really anything like that which you would consider to be "gothic" in any way

- Your thoughts on said decor (would you buy them, what styles you like, if you like them at all...)

- Any stories you have about said decor, such as the reactions from people about them...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:04 pm
My ex and I made a headboard for my bed out of home made head stones...I sculpted, made the mold for and cast the headstones and he painted them.
I'm working on darkening up my room a little bit right now. I have more projects planned.
I'll post pictures when I get some decent ones.  

Hyena_Queen

Hyena_Queen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:41 am
And we just finished my graveyard sign.

We saw a sign like it at halloween time at the grocery store for $20. We speant about less than $5 on the one in my room.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:41 pm
I saw that! <3 me and my mom really want to order that for our home. Well, in my room, I have a gargoyle statue, and I have a necklace with a stone gargoyle I wear all the time. I have a black diamond design on one of my walls that was painted on, black roses painted on my door and my closet door, a stained glass window with a red rose in it, two black butterflys on my walls, a large very English style clock, a black lamp in the corner of my room for light that looks like something from london (since I have purple lights in my room). I have a black rug infront of my bed, my bedsheets are black, and I have white lace curtains and a beautiful grey cross with a large blue gem in it hanging next to my door. (I also have several candles in my room, and one of the candle holders is black and white diamond pattern in the shape kind of like an alter, it reminds me alot of alice in wonderland)

It's amazing the things you can find at dillions and on sale at hobby lobby, and the dollar tree around halloween <3  

Angel of the End

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:13 pm
I like finding rather interesting decor.

I myself am more drawn towards sci-fi/fantasy items for the home.
www.thinkgeek.com has just about anything I'm in search of!

There are a few things I'll be making myself once I finally have a home of my own. Such as, a Tardis themed cold pantry. By the way, that's actually a "piggy" bank for change in the picture.
You know the WOOSHY tube thingies at banks and stuff?! I love those things. I'm gonna design one for my house, where you can walk over to a panel and select a drink displayed, and WOOOOSH, one will be sent to you. That'll take some work.

I'm more of a DIY kind of decoration guy. Mainly though, I'll be going with dark colors in my home, such as black and deep brown.
And who can resist a Dalek trash can!? That will take some planning...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:46 pm
Macabre_Cogitation

And who can resist a Dalek trash can!? That will take some planning...

I was confused, as my mind still managed to think dälek.
Would take some planning, indeed.

On topic.
A lot of what I have seen called 'gothic home decor' has way too dark colors as bases for entire rooms, clutter, or ******** velvet.
Except for things decorated by people with enough money to go insane, it seems like a good way to go if you like bad design.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:53 am
Macabre_Cogitation

My neighbor and I both love Thinkgeek.

Ever visit slashdot?

IY_and_MCR

On topic.
A lot of what I have seen called 'gothic home decor' has way too dark colors as bases for entire rooms, clutter, or ******** velvet.
Except for things decorated by people with enough money to go insane, it seems like a good way to go if you like bad design.
I know. Usually I find a lot of wicked stuff that just seems to, when thought of realistically, beg the question "just where the hell am I going to put that?"

Until I get that castle I've been wanting or suddenly fall into a vast fortune, half of that stuff isn't gonna happen.

Although I do think that this chair would go splendidly the main chamber of my headquarters from which I safely plot the demise of humanity. *nonchalent shrug*  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:13 am
XWraith_LordX
Macabre_Cogitation

My neighbor and I both love Thinkgeek.

Ever visit slashdot?

IY_and_MCR

On topic.
I know. Usually I find a lot of wicked stuff that just seems to, when thought of realistically, beg the question "just where the hell am I going to put that?"

Until I get that castle I've been wanting or suddenly fall into a vast fortune, half of that stuff isn't gonna happen.

Although I do think that this chair would go splendidly the main chamber of my headquarters from which I safely plot the demise of humanity. *nonchalent shrug*

Very nicely. I personally just think a slightly darker victorian decor does a nice job. I like colors, I just dislike it when it is modern decor. I do not like modern design really...  

Angel of the End

~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff