Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
i like the heathen blot and norse gods Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you like beetles?
  yes
  ew
  tasty
  sometimes
View Results

Runs With Beetles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:27 pm
hello everybody my name is runs with beetles. my spirit frolics through the fields of twigs and earth with my exoskeletal brothers and sisters.

awhile ago i was at a heathen blot *i think its so awesome they pronounce it like bloat!!! mrgreen * and i thought it was really cool and it really spoke to me and stuff, you know? i think i could get into norse gods and stuff and so i wanted to know about them and the religion that worships them.

can anybody help me?
heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:36 pm
there's a subforum here called Pathways. go there. some of us have threads that detail practice of Asatru [a religion that worships the Norse gods], which should help you out quite a bit.  

aoijea23487

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:06 pm
Runs With Beetles
hello everybody my name is runs with beetles. my spirit frolics through the fields of twigs and earth with my exoskeletal brothers and sisters.

awhile ago i was at a heathen blot *i think its so awesome they pronounce it like bloat!!! mrgreen * and i thought it was really cool and it really spoke to me and stuff, you know? i think i could get into norse gods and stuff and so i wanted to know about them and the religion that worships them.

can anybody help me?
heart heart heart
Might want to read the source texts on the subject. For Norse deities, this typically means the Eddas, Poetic and Prose, and then maybe the Sagas.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:03 am
TeaDidikai
Runs With Beetles

can anybody help me?
heart heart heart
Might want to read the source texts on the subject. For Norse deities, this typically means the Eddas, Poetic and Prose, and then maybe the Sagas.
Here's a question: What does the term blot mean?  

Gho the Girl

Ashley the Bee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:14 am
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Runs With Beetles

can anybody help me?
heart heart heart

From the context, probably a blót =)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:52 pm
Ashley the Bee
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Runs With Beetles

can anybody help me?
heart heart heart

Yep. So, ties to the word Blood and Sacrifice.  

TeaDidikai

Runs With Beetles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:12 pm
TeaDidikai
Ashley the Bee
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Runs With Beetles

can anybody help me?
heart heart heart

Yep. So, ties to the word Blood and Sacrifice.[/quote]ooooo bloood how kewl surprised

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:36 pm
TeaDidikai
Ashley the Bee
Gho the Girl

When I say "pour out," I'm referring to one of my very informal Blot's at my hoff in my front yard.

A full Blot only has a few more steps, but I'm lazy and easily distracted.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:42 pm
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai
Ashley the Bee
Gho the Girl

When I say "pour out," I'm referring to one of my very informal Blot's at my hoff in my front yard.

oh thank gods! i was beginning to think most were ritual sluts. you have restored my faith!

"Deo used Restore!" <--- sorry, couldn't resist, xp  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:46 pm
saint dreya
Deoridhe

oh thank gods! i was beginning to think most were ritual sluts. you have restored my faith!

Most days I don't even use the horn - just the bottle. Sometimes I consider using a brown paper bag, too, but i never have any handy when I think of it.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:13 pm
Deoridhe
saint dreya
Deoridhe

Most days I don't even use the horn - just the bottle. Sometimes I consider using a brown paper bag, too, but i never have any handy when I think of it.

now all you need is a 40 with that brown bag and we have Hobo Odin! you know, that fits so well with how many different disguises he's used; there might be something to that...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:09 pm
saint dreya
Deoridhe
saint dreya
Deoridhe

now all you need is a 40 with that brown bag and we have Hobo Odin! you know, that fits so well with how many different disguises he's used; there might be something to that...
Remind me to tell you guys about the day I met "Loki" at the Olympic Club.

I'm always impressed with my friend Heidi. She doesn't expect non-Asatru to pour to her gods, but their own.  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:55 am
saint dreya
Deoridhe

ninja

Sometimes, part of my pour out is the sacrifice of drinking stuff much stronger and rawer than I prefer.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:56 pm
Deoridhe

ninja

Sometimes, part of my pour out is the sacrifice of drinking stuff much stronger and rawer than I prefer.
Interesting. When I make offerings, I usually only do so of something I would share with someone myself.  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:31 am
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe

ninja

Interesting. When I make offerings, I usually only do so of something I would share with someone myself.

There is an underpinning of "suffer" to some of the stuff I do with regards to Odin and Loki. It's similar to the sacrifice of being speared through the chest to a tree, only less potentially life threatening.

I also used to have a winter ritual of walking barefoot on snow. Gods only know what that was about; without snow, I haven't done it recently. Now the closest I come is walking on the beach when it's icy and half freezing myself.

I don't have a word for the underpinning of these actions yet.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff