Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Shop Event Suggestions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Red Dame

Friendly Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Loiterer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:32 pm
I suggest:

Cloth/Materials:
Denim, Velvet, Lace, Spandex, Leather, etc.

I second/third/whatever:

Star Wars! <3
Luke, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, R2D2, C3PO, Darth Maul, Oola,
Darth Vader, Princess Amidala, Yoda, Jabba the Hut, etc.
This would be so much win!

Music Genres:
Emo, Punk, Country, Rock, Jazz, Pop, Techno, Metal, Dance, Rap, etc.

Tarot Cards:
It would be interesting to see the artists' interpretations here.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:49 pm
this is probably already taken and or done. Perhaps even suggested already but. i would love to see something thats Nature themed. Like say storms or habitat types like forrest horses or dessert ones.

I love Natural things xD

Maybe another theme could be like comic book themes xD  

Librra

High-functioning Spook

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:03 am
I second Kamiki's idea for D&D based soq. Though for maybe fun the show(minus Uni, obviously) should be included. It was so funny, and in it's own way drew more people to fantasy roleplaying games that I don't see it as a bad thing.

HOWEVER... I have a really strong love/hate relationship with the Musical Genres idea. There are so many dissenting opnions on what "emo", punk, progressive metal, ... sub-genre metal/rock/punk and what not is that I feel it could possibly cause quite a bit of unrest and drama.
I have a lot of faith and love for Soquili owners, colorists, staff, and the B/C in general; but I started my Gaia-life in the Entertainment and then Music forums and I have never seen more heated arguments than where genres are involved.

My ideas:
Medicinal plants & practices - maybe a mini-event?
Musicals - So many of them, there's crazy amounts of options there.

And... I remember being there talk about a Periodic Table of Elements event. The rocks and minerals happened shortly after that was discussed, but was anything else going to be done with that?
I was really looking forward to seeing a melty Mercury soq.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:27 am
Maybe this has been done already but my idea is along the lines of the music genres but instead movie genres.
You could call it something like A Night at the Movies.

Each soquili (or couple) would represent a classic movie genre or style.
Genres:
-horror
-war
-western
-action
-comedy
-musical
-science fiction
-fantasy
-drama
-historical
-adventure
-nature documentary

styles:
-disney
-anime
-film noir
-b-movies
-comic book

I'm sure theres more but this provides a little something for all tastes.  

Laroawan

Dangerous Hunter

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:50 am
Star wars would be AWESOME! also liked the planet idea mentioned, the movie idea (Rorshack Soq would be hawt) , ecosystems would be nifty and superheroes is always awesome. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:05 am
*peeks in and tosses in her two cents*

I would like to see more anime themed soquilis.. such as Blood Trinity, Wolf's Rain, Fruit Baskets, etc.

Also, we should have more mythical beings like the gods and goddesses as well as the mythical animals maybe as familars...

Lord of the Rings, Vin Diesel movies like Pitch Black?

We must have something like Wall-E or Ratatouille?! >_> *cuddles with Sirenz*  

White Neko Chan

Beloved Shapeshifter

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:39 am
To add to my earlier post, how about 'Phobia'? I think it hadn't been done elsewhere, although I believe there was a shop with pets based off phobias... There are countless of phobias out there, and they are all very open to interpretation. For examples, phobia of water (Ironically, maybe a mer with heavy ball & chains with a bloated, drowned look?), phobia of insects, phobia of needles (I'm sure a lot of people have this; its a good way to channel that fear.), phobia of grass (Yes, no jokes there!), phobia of death, phobia of blood, phobia of lightning, and so on!

Maybe even have a 'create a phobia' contest where the funniest phobia will win? Like phobia of pink, phobia of fluffy objects, phobia of hair, etc. I'll laugh so hard if I find that any of these exist. >.>; Or a 'find the funniest phobia' contest?

Furthermore, I don't think the event will step on any toes, since 'phobias' are not technically cosplays and I don't think anyone are questing for them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:20 pm
I'm not sure if Digimon has been suggested, but... Digimon. Please. So much.

Everyone did such amazing pokemon translations, and I'm willing to bet that Digimon would probably be fun to do too (they're a bit more complicated design-wise than pokemon, but that might mean an easier translation!)  

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Valdmir Talamore

Savage Shapeshifter

10,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:49 pm
I voted for the skittles but it would also be cool to see myths and monsters and other such things.

Examples could be like Cernunnos , Charybdis, Echidna, Roc, Satyrs aka faunes and other such creatures

Another interesting thing feeding off the above idea is plants and flowers attached to myths or other such things.

Examples could be like Mandrake, Hawthorn flower, Aconite ((Monkshood,Wolf's-bane)), the poppy, Asphodel, Bindweed, Chaste Tree, Bay Laurel, so on and so forth ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:35 pm
I think a 1920s event would be smashing. Mafia, circus, flappers... a very different idea. Or maybe take several different dates, take the styles of clothing, etc from that time and use there themes for the horses. Ex: 60s, 20s, Victorian, middle ages...

I also like the digimon idea. <3  

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:22 pm
Themes:
-Techno theme - glow sticks, flashing lights, black lights, techno/trace music
-Knights and Ladies of the Cloth (Maidens)
-Constellations
-Flags (Canada, USA, UK,etc)
-Rain Forest
-Vintage
-SuperHeroes
-Music
-Fairy Tales (classics, older ones,etc)
-Disney  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:19 pm
I like the idea of the Greek/Roman gods. Or maybe that one has been done before. Or like a carnival theme featuring all the things found at fairs and street carnivals  

satira

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

~InfinityTrust~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:45 pm
-Calender
I don't mean seasons. I mean twelve different soquili representing the twelve different months.
-Days of the week
Going along with the months are day, like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.
-I second CC.
-Times of the day.
Morning, noon, night, etc. You know.
-APH
Hetalia cosplays, even though not everyone knows about Hetalia and it's kind of the same thing as the international themed idea... > w>;  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:23 pm
I second the Phobias, and the D&D idea!

Please, no Skittles. There's something about putting a brand name of candy onto a Soq, that doesn't sit right.

Some ideas:

Mad Libs - Each colorist comes up with a secret template for a Soq, leaving out important descriptive words. They then ask event-goers for an adjective/noun/etc. until the template is full, and make the Soq from that. Finished Soq is raffled off with a mess of others, or given to the person who can correctly guess the colorists' template?

Literature - Shakespeare's plays, Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, Plato. There are some beautiful old masterpieces out there that could be translated into wonderful Soq.

Devil Fruit Soq - From the anime One Piece. Soq based on the powers bestowed when you eat a Devil Fruit. Like the Mera mera no mi (Flame flame fruit), Hana hana no mi (Flower flower fruit), and the Inu inu no mi (Dog dog fruit) Model: Jackal. Or, heck, a One Piece event! 8D  

Zee Oddwyn

Tenacious Bookworm

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:22 pm
Ooh I really like the phobias idea!

I also really like the idea of more outer space soquili. And digimon is awesome =3.

An idea I was thinking of was frogs.  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces