• Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:38 pm
Rhea Hyuga
Sticks and Stones
May break my bones,
But whips and chains excite me...

♪ ♫ ♪

How about a flatsale/flaffle for people who have 0 1st gen Soq?

I might get shot down for that, but...

So throw me down
Unto the ground
And show me that you like me~

And alternately, maybe one for those who've never gotten baskets. An entire basket raffle could be pretty cool!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:24 pm
Nyx Queen of Darkness
I know this is a bit out there, since it's a limited base (though popular).
Maybe a FS based on keyblades from Kingdom Hearts?

Or possibly a FS based on some of the creatures used in (Harry Potter's) Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (not including those already done.)

Keyblades = there are already QUITE A FEW keyblade themed soquili already. Oathkeeper and Heart of Fire (axel's?) are two for sure that I know of. KH has been for a long time a popular theme in soquili; but since twewy's appearance has slowed down quite a bit. :3

Rhea Hyuga
Sticks and Stones
May break my bones,

♪ ♫ ♪

So throw me down
Unto the ground

I think this is a great idea. It both would be something that opens up to newbies as well as some people who are blessed with soquili but all who's herd are all descendants of a soq they won in a basket game or gifted to them. I mean. That's great; but i'm sure those people would love THEIR OWN 1st gen soq. :3 I have like close to ten soq's now, but i never had my own 1st Gen till earlier this year when i won a custom, so i can understand owners with ZERO GEN 1 soq's who'd love to have their own. custom slots can be hard to win, ya know.

To keep it fair, I would think this wouldn't include ANY form of custom soqs. Or, if it had to include a few, only semi custom soqs based on a theme; however, I think the idea of having either soqs or baskets for people with zero gen 1 soqs is ok. :3 I think anyone who disagrees is just being greedy. We all want more soq's, but let's let some people have a chance to get the feeling of either owning a soq all to yourself... or being a gen 1.. or even the feeling of a basket.  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Juliette06

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:31 pm
Graceangel

Rhea Hyuga
Sticks and Stones
May break my bones,

♪ ♫ ♪

So throw me down
Unto the ground

I think this is a great idea. It both would be something that opens up to newbies as well as some people who are blessed with soquili but all who's herd are all descendants of a soq they won in a basket game or gifted to them. I mean. That's great; but i'm sure those people would love THEIR OWN 1st gen soq. :3 I have like close to ten soq's now, but i never had my own 1st Gen till earlier this year when i won a custom, so i can understand owners with ZERO GEN 1 soq's who'd love to have their own. custom slots can be hard to win, ya know.

To keep it fair, I would think this wouldn't include ANY form of custom soqs. Or, if it had to include a few, only semi custom soqs based on a theme; however, I think the idea of having either soqs or baskets for people with zero gen 1 soqs is ok. :3 I think anyone who disagrees is just being greedy. We all want more soq's, but let's let some people have a chance to get the feeling of either owning a soq all to yourself... or being a gen 1.. or even the feeling of a basket.

Yes. This. So much this. <3 That would be totally awesome~! <3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:43 pm
Nyx Queen of Darkness
I know this is a bit out there, since it's a limited base (though popular).
Maybe a FS based on keyblades from Kingdom Hearts?

Or possibly a FS based on some of the creatures used in (Harry Potter's) Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (not including those already done.)
i dont know much about kingdom hearts so I cant but my two cents in for that but I would love to make my OWN harry potter cosplay instead of attempting to win one because if i lost in the flaffle then almost all of the characters would be gone and i would be sad  

vballlvr5

vballlvr5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:47 pm
how about characters from broadway musicals? elphaba, boq, fiyero, and galinda (glinda if you prefer) from wicked. Billy from Billy Blliot characters from phantom of the opera and west side story etc. I would love that I love broadway but would never be able to get a custom of them because I have other ones higher on my list but I would love to have Fiyero from wicked...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:47 pm
There are already several Wicked characters in existence at soquili. Fiyero is one of them. Just as a heads up for you.  

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

Muffinsbaby

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:57 pm
I may be repeating earlier or done suggestions, but perhaps a flaffle/raffle/fs with soqs based on artists/albums? Like Ke$ha? Or Lady Gaga? Or perhaps a classical theme? ^^;;; ~hides from the rocks~  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:00 pm
Vball: Very true, but at the same time most of HP ones are taken. But in all honesty, I wasn't thinking of keyblades as being cosplays (stupid on my part LOL) I was thinking more themed.

Grace: Ohhh I had no idea! I'll have to check those out sometime.

I have to say I agree with you both Rhea and Grace. All of mine are actually first gen, so even knowing that would disqualify me, I love the idea. I also really love the basket idea of mine. I haven't had that pleasure yet, but even if they do this at a time where I've already had one, I'd LOVE for people to enjoy the mystery of a basket.

I mentioned that I'd like it whether or not I had one by then simply because it's not out of greed that I like the idea, but that because it would be fun for those who didn't. Just didn't want my opinion to be seen as one of selfish reasons.

And this could be because I'm STARVING, but maybe a food themed one?  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:07 pm
Sticks and Stones
May break my bones,

♪ ♫ ♪

I'm so glad someone likes my idea! Hell, even gladder that more than one person agrees!

As for the 'never received a basket' Idea, There COULD be a breeding event where, All pairs are guaranteed 3 baskets, but the third basket MUST go to someone who has received 2 or less baskets as gifts from others.
Alternatively, something somewhat the same but as a flaffle for 1st gen Baskets who have no parents, making it that much more exciting~

...Stopping my brain barf now. XD

So throw me down
Unto the ground

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:59 pm
I won a first gen basket in August in a flaffle but I do think its a good idea to give others a better chance but I think it would be fun to have someone assigned a basket and then they choose who to give it to Ive never given or been given a basket so I think it would be fun to give a basket to someone that hasnt had one (i hope that makes sense)

nisshou: i didnt even look to see if they existed xD but it was just the general idea of plays etc is what i meant 3nodding  

vballlvr5

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:21 pm
I've always thought a special breeding raffle where none of the owners could keep any of the baskets would be fun - everyone would have to give their baskets to other people.

Or a special breeding raffle where you're guaranteed 3 baskets but the "extra" basket all goes into a pot for a flaffle.... give a chance for people to reach out to new people for RP possibilities.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:31 pm
Ohh I love all the ideas ^_^

That's what I was meaning with my suggestion, was "parentless" baskets.

Ohh, I'm in love with that 2nd idea Kamiki!

Before reading here, I never really thought about people having no first gens. It just hadn't ever really occurred to me.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:34 pm
Kamiki
I've always thought a special breeding raffle where none of the owners could keep any of the baskets would be fun - everyone would have to give their baskets to other people.

Or a special breeding raffle where you're guaranteed 3 baskets but the "extra" basket all goes into a pot for a flaffle.... give a chance for people to reach out to new people for RP possibilities.

Yeah. That's not a bad idea either.

Now, I know there are those people who will baw and say.. that they shouldn't have to lose out on a basket since you only get 3 breedings, etcetc... so, for that event.. i think it'd be especially necessary to note on the very first post; that by ENTERING that breeding event.. you KNOW AND UNDERSTAND what the event is and are fully in on it. Since some people have a lot of couplings; the standard no more than 2 per raffle can be entered would still stand... if you have a certain coupling who's babies just CANNOT be mixed that way. then you just don't list that couple for that event. lol

did that sound confusing?

Nyx and vollbll, there has been a harry potter event before. Most characters and many of the creatures are already owned. And, in the Soq shop; you can only have one of each character. If it's a species thing like a pheonix, there can be one of each gender, but if you wanted one that's already owned.. you have to have permission.. but... it seems to me that they made a rule that you can't pm or pester someone for permission for that. they used to post in a thread giving open permission for anyone ot have the other gendered version.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:23 pm
Graceangel
Kamiki

Now, I know there are those people who will baw and say.. that they shouldn't have to lose out on a basket since you only get 3 breedings, etcetc... so, for that event.. i think it'd be especially necessary to note on the very first post; that by ENTERING that breeding event.. you KNOW AND UNDERSTAND what the event is and are fully in on it. Since some people have a lot of couplings; the standard no more than 2 per raffle can be entered would still stand... if you have a certain coupling who's babies just CANNOT be mixed that way. then you just don't list that couple for that event. lol

Yeah that makes complete sense! I would figure it would have to be VERY CLEAR what you were getting into... it wold definitely effect which couples I entered, ya know?

But just like the mixers and the tunnel of love... I love different breeding type "games" heart  

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:39 pm
Kamiki
Graceangel
Kamiki

Yeah that makes complete sense! I would figure it would have to be VERY CLEAR what you were getting into... it wold definitely effect which couples I entered, ya know?

But just like the mixers and the tunnel of love... I love different breeding type "games" heart

Perhaps a special mixer breeding raffle could be done for non-perma-mated Soquili who have maxed on breedings? And all baskets would HAVE to be given to other people, or tossed into a series of flaffles, with parent owners not being allowed to enter the flaffle(s) that baskets from their Soquili are in. So, saying 10 couples total are done via Mixer, and there's 2 baskets per couple, and there's 4 flaffles total with 5 baskets each... Saying that there's 20 different people owning the Mixer Soquili... Flaffle 1 has a basket from Couple H, and Flaffle 4 has the other basket. Owners H1 and H2 would only be able to participate in Flaffles 2 and 3, because they DON'T own either parent of ANY of the baskets present in that flaffle.

I don't know how easy that might be to do, but it'd be fun, at least?  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff