Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
pagan motherhood? ~help please!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eartha oak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:35 pm
~merry-meet,

User ImageI am possibly expecting and I am asking for all your support! I am possibly gonna be alone in this one, a single mother-wolf if you will..lol...I had to add a laugh...no back to the subject I am jut asking maybe if some pagan mothers or fathers can give me any tips on pregnancy and or parenting..I just want to be a good mother,I am so young im only 18 but I can do this I jsut need some supoort and help like tips and info on pagan parenting.

~thankyou for taking the time to read!
blessed be!
<3
Eartha Oak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:49 pm
eartha oak
I am possibly expecting
Cart before the horse. Confirm it first.
Quote:

I am possibly gonna be alone in this one, a single mother-wolf if you will..
The Lone Wolf thing is pretty much a myth. Wolves are social creatures, and even then, the Gamma's do the pup rearing, often the pups of the Alphas and Betas in the mix, maybe even an Omega depending on power structure.
Quote:

I am jut asking maybe if some pagan mothers or fathers can give me any tips on pregnancy
Why look to pagans instead of medical professionals?
Quote:

and or parenting..
Again, why ask pagans when you can actually learn about developmental psychology and parenting methods from people who study this stuff for a living?
Quote:

blessed be!
Whose blessing? And why are you issuing it willynilly?  

TeaDidikai

eartha oak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:14 pm
TeaDidikai
eartha oak
I am possibly expecting
Cart before the horse. Confirm it first.
Quote:

I am possibly gonna be alone in this one, a single mother-wolf if you will..
The Lone Wolf thing is pretty much a myth. Wolves are social creatures, and even then, the Gamma's do the pup rearing, often the pups of the Alphas and Betas in the mix, maybe even an Omega depending on power structure.
Quote:

I am jut asking maybe if some pagan mothers or fathers can give me any tips on pregnancy
Why look to pagans instead of medical professionals?
Quote:

and or parenting..
Again, why ask pagans when you can actually learn about developmental psychology and parenting methods from people who study this stuff for a living?
Quote:

blessed be!
Whose blessing? And why are you issuing it willynilly?

ok first off your NO help! so why freakn post!?!?!?!!
ok and as for tips on pregnancy I was going for more rituals and stuff like that.
parenting...pagan fmailies are wonderful I hope to raise my family pagan.

I was asking for support nothing medical involved!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:18 pm
eartha oak

We don't spoon feed on this forum. We ask, the questions neccessary for the person to come to the answers on their own terms.

eartha oak
ok and as for tips on pregnancy I was going for more rituals and stuff like that.

You're new here. Which means that we know nothing about your religion. So how can we give you rituals?

eartha oak

Pagan families are no more or less wonderful than Christian ones.

eartha oak

How about going to your family for support.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

eartha oak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:26 pm
CuAnnan
eartha oak

We don't spoon feed on this forum. We ask, the questions neccessary for the person to come to the answers on their own terms.

eartha oak

You're new here. Which means that we know nothing about your religion. So how can we give you rituals?

eartha oak

Pagan families are no more or less wonderful than Christian ones.

eartha oak

How about going to your family for support.

sorry,im jsut looking for any pagans for advice,my family and i dont really get along they are kinda not-all-together right now, and as for religion im new to wicca. its the one thing that ive found in the past year and its amazing.other than that all im asking is for support here.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:32 pm
eartha oak
im new to wicca. its the one thing that ive found in the past year and its amazing.

Then you would probably be best off asking your HPS for advice and help rather than a forum of people who don't know you from Adam.

Also, I have to wonder how advice from Pagans is somehow superior to advice from non-Pagans. It'd be kind of silly to rule out sound advice from someone just because they don't share your religious umbrella.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:44 pm
eartha oak
CuAnnan
eartha oak

sorry,im jsut looking for any pagans for advice,my family and i dont really get along they are kinda not-all-together right now, and as for religion im new to wicca. its the one thing that ive found in the past year and its amazing.other than that all im asking is for support here.

Tea is actually offering you an immense amount of help; she's answering the questions you asked. If you feel you didn't get the right answer it may be because you asked the question incorrectly based on what you were truly looking for.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:56 pm
I really want to rant at you people, but... I can't even form coherent ranting sentences, which is a first for me. We're a Pagan forum, yes? My understanding of Pagan communities is that no matter who comes in, we're kind and at least try to be understanding and helpful, and if we don't have anything helpful to say, we at least try to be supportive. Every Pagan community I've ever been a part of is like this, except for this one. While I usually hate fluffs, right now I'd rather be in the middle of one of their protest-gatherings than stay a member of this group any longer!!

To Eartha Oak: I'm not yelling at you, dear. And once I've calmed down enough that I can be civil again, I will send you a pm, with whatever help and support I can give. Motherhood is something no one should have to go through alone!  

Wandering-Seeker-Kat

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:06 pm
Wandering-Seeker-Kat
I really want to rant at you people, but... I can't even form coherent ranting sentences, which is a first for me.

Why? Because we're giving her actual advice? Sorry if we're not rolling around praising the Gawdess and raving about what a huge blessing motherhood is and how super-duper special and Gawdess-like it'll make her feel.
Quote:
We're a Pagan forum, yes? My understanding of Pagan communities is that no matter who comes in, we're kind and at least try to be understanding and helpful, and if we don't have anything helpful to say, we at least try to be supportive.

Great. Your understanding of a Pagan community does NOT encompass every Pagan community in existence. I for one am ******** grateful that I have a community to turn to that will question me and make me think critically. I see no reason to be kind to people who ask for advice, but them b***h about it because it's not what they want to hear. Either they want advice, or they want sparkles blown up their a**. Can't have it both ways.

This "oh em gee gaiz! we r pegenz! we shud b kynd and nyc an giv lawtz ov gruup hugz an warm fuzeez!!!" bullshit really pisses me the ******** off. Please give me one good, compelling reason as to why I would want to be nice and kind to someone who is basically spitting on sound, level-headed advice. Why should I want to be nice to someone who wants their hand held and coddled instead of going about things in a reasonable, adult manner?
Quote:
Every Pagan community I've ever been a part of is like this, except for this one.

I'm very terribly sorry you've never had the wonderful experience of actually belonging to and participating in a group of people as intelligent and helpful as this.
Quote:
While I usually hate fluffs, right now I'd rather be in the middle of one of their protest-gatherings than stay a member of this group any longer!!

One - Irony is delicious.
Two - No one is stopping you. If you want to leave because we're not giving warm fuzzies to you friend for being a single Pagan parent (you know, because there's never been a single Pagan parent before!!!) then I have to wonder what compelled you to join to begin with.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:49 pm
eartha oak
ok first off your NO help!
You're confusing not pandering to you with not being of help. This is a reality check. Stop worrying about having a child that may or may not exist before you even know if you are pregnant. Then, worry about the important stuff, you know, like making sure you're getting the proper medical care and providing the embryo with what it will need.

Quote:
so why freakn post!?!?!?!!
Because you apparently need a reality check.
Quote:

Then you should have said so. stare

And again, why bother until you actually know if you are pregnant or not?
Quote:

parenting...pagan fmailies are wonderful
Even the ones who commit incest, mutilate their children's genitalia and then get them drunk in order to hand them over to their coven to be raped?

Again, you need a reality check. Being pagan doesn't make your family wonderful.
Quote:

I hope to raise my family pagan.
What if your family has other ideas?

One of the most important things you can do if you have a child is realize that what you want for them may not be what they will want for themselves.

Quote:
This is support. This is the best kind of support. It isn't about lying to you and telling you you're perfect and blowing sunshine up your a**. It's about realistic expectations. It's about breaking the false assumptions you have so that you and your children, should you have any, will be aware and thus able to take the steps to minimize the dangers that having a flawed understanding of the Real World can bring.

eartha oak

sorry,im jsut looking for any pagans for advice
What makes you think that pagans have all the answers?
Quote:
as for religion im new to wicca.
You aren't any more of a member of the Wica than you are of the Rroma. We've been over this. I thought you had put aside your racism and your sense of entitlement.

Wandering-Seeker-Kat
I really want to rant at you people,
Oh?

Quote:
but... I can't even form coherent ranting sentences, which is a first for me.
Shock.
Quote:

We're a Pagan forum, yes?
We're a Rehabilitation forum. This guild is made up of pagans and non-pagans alike. Our goal is to help people who are cursed with Fluffism.
Quote:

My understanding of Pagan communities is that no matter who comes in, we're kind and at least try to be understanding and helpful

Being pagan doesn't mean that you're a kind person. Being pagan doesn't mean you want to be "understanding" about one group justifying bad behavior. Stop treating it as some holy grail of Love and Light. Being pagan only means you aren't of the main Abrahamnic traditions. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:

and if we don't have anything helpful to say, we at least try to be supportive.
This is supportive. This is real world advice. It isn't about telling someone "Oh, we have the mystical answers for all your needs!" it's about actually helping people, rather than filling them with fluff and sending them off to be slaughtered by the real world.

Quote:
Every Pagan community I've ever been a part of is like this,
No wonder people who rape children as part of their religion have such an easy time finding acceptance amongst the pagan scene- to the point where other people won't even support an honest protest.
Quote:
While I usually hate fluffs, right now I'd rather be in the middle of one of their protest-gatherings than stay a member of this group any longer!!
So, actually giving sound advice, rather than perpetuating misinformation is a bad thing. Got it.
Quote:
Motherhood is something no one should have to go through alone!
It's also something no one should go through with blinders on. It's hard enough in and of itself without having someone perpetuate misinformation and encouraging others to turn a blind eye to the real issues at hand.  

TeaDidikai

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:58 pm
If you are in fact pregnant, which as has been mentioned you really need to confirm first before asking for advice (which may turn out to be un-needed if you are not preggers), I would suggest picking up the book
What to Expect While You Are Expecting

It's one of the most recommended for getting through the "joys" of pregnancy. As far as rituals and such, you have plenty of time to worry about such things as it gets closer to your due date, there isn't really anything that would be done while you are pregnant (that I can think of - in a general pagan sense anyways). Depending on if you are looking into natural childbirth, you might want to see if there are any midwifes in your area, though many of them don't take insurance. I'm not sure what your insurance situation is, but if you don't have insurance, you need to contact your local social services office and find out about Medicaid, and also ask about the Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC).

The most important things you can be doing at this time is eating healthy and getting some good rest, since the first few months can be really draining.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:59 pm
This thread is really about maturity.

It's about the maturity needed to take responsibility for another's life.

It's about the maturity needed to ensure that those we are responsible for have the best possible start in the world.

It's about the maturity needed to realize that bringing another life into the world is not about having a chance to have a Mini-Me, and all the struggles that go with sharing your life with another human being who has their own wants, needs and personality.

It's about the maturity needed to understand that stereotypes cause harm, be they romantic ones about how ideal a given race or religion is, or the kind of racism that leads to hate crimes.

It's about the maturity needed to honestly listen to constructive criticism, and grow from it.

It's about the maturity needed to understand that constructive criticism isn't about personal attacks.

It's about the maturity needed to take responsibility for your own words, to learn to communicate accurately and effectively.

It's about the maturity needed to grow up and understand that you don't know everything, and that you have a lot of learning to do.

There you go. A checklist about what Parenthood is about in relation to the questions you posed.

Take some time to really think about this. While you're at it, why is it your profile still has racist terms in it?  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:02 pm
Wandering-Seeker-Kat
I really want to rant at you people, but... I can't even form coherent ranting sentences, which is a first for me.

Leave the screen, make yourself a cup of tea, calm down and when you're ready to behave like a rational adult, return to the computer and calmly compose your post.

Wandering-Seeker-Kat
We're a Pagan forum, yes?

We are a forum that promotes critical thinking in an approach to paganism to prevent fluffism and to rehabilitate those who know they have it.

Wandering-Seeker-Kat
My understanding of Pagan communities is that no matter who comes in, we're kind and at least try to be understanding and helpful

Then, I believe you have no understanding of the greater pagan "community".
Paganism refers to all non abrahamic faiths, or all faiths that are not mainstream, or all faiths that aren't one of the big five.
I resent having your ethos projected onto my religion merely because we are both not believers in some other religions.

Wandering-Seeker-Kat
and if we don't have anything helpful to say, we at least try to be supportive.

Absolutely everything posted has been helpful. We're sorry if you don't like our mannerisms... ok, we're not. At all.
We don't have to be nice. In fact, being nice is often the wrong thing to do. It reinforces bad habits, for one.

Wandering-Seeker-Kat
Every Pagan community I've ever been a part of is like this, except for this one.

Does every Pagan community you've been part of promote the "feel good as long as you feel good doing it, do it" mentality that we're vehemently against? Does it promote intellectual honesty over personal entitlement? Seriously, have you ever been part of a serious grown up pagan community before or are you talking about teenagers reinforcing each other's life-choices, regardless of how ridiculous they are.

Wandering-Seeker-Kat

Nobody's forcing you to stay. Seriously.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:57 am
too2sweet
If you are in fact pregnant, which as has been mentioned you really need to confirm first before asking for advice (which may turn out to be un-needed if you are not preggers), I would suggest picking up the book
What to Expect While You Are Expecting

It's one of the most recommended for getting through the "joys" of pregnancy. As far as rituals and such, you have plenty of time to worry about such things as it gets closer to your due date, there isn't really anything that would be done while you are pregnant (that I can think of - in a general pagan sense anyways). Depending on if you are looking into natural childbirth, you might want to see if there are any midwifes in your area, though many of them don't take insurance. I'm not sure what your insurance situation is, but if you don't have insurance, you need to contact your local social services office and find out about Medicaid, and also ask about the Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC).

The most important things you can be doing at this time is eating healthy and getting some good rest, since the first few months can be really draining.

~thankyou  

eartha oak

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:05 am
I get what Kat is saying guys. Eartha is probably going through a really hard time right now, and while I agree that she needs to take care of the physical and mundane first, the initial responses could easily be interpreted as venomous and not very helpful.

So I'm asking to turn the rhetoric and tone down, just this once, and let's salvage a good discussion. Let's assume the physical needs are being met, what is motherhood and pregnancy in our various religions? What roles, if any, do they play? Are there any rituals for before, during and after pregnancy?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff