Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good idea?
  Like it
  Meh..
View Results

lord krok

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:45 pm
Well, I've decided to begin a display army. Painted to my best and modeled to my finest.

Well here's the idea, for every space marine (and I'm not sure but perhaps the imperial guard) there is a legend or a belief that should you die a true hero you will be sent to the Emperors side to fight beside him. [I am unsure of the true wording].
My army will be imperial guard, but ghosts - met who have died with honor and valor and have risen again to fight now for the Emperor.
My plan is to model several platoons of imperial guard:
1 of Catachan
1 of Vostroyan
and then many other sets of Cadian and perhaps a few other paint schemes.

I've already decided on several designs:
The Vostroyans will be painted with blued skin - representing the platoon having been trapped in a snow storm soon after destroying a large convoy (though that's more back story then modeling). They will also be flocked with white snow.
One of my Tanks is going to be modeled with no tracks (them being destroyed). Instead it will be pulled by several ghost IG by long chains.

If anyone has any more ideas on the modeling or design please feel free to post.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:33 pm
You could add in saintly figures to lead them, such as Saint Celestine, who has called upon the righteous to once more take up arms against the hated enemies.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:47 pm
A distracting sidenote; after dying an Imperial hero, to spend eternity pulling a trackless tank with a chain for all of eternity seems a bit... Ironic. xp The conversion idea sounds good, though. Are you going to ghostify the armor and garments as well? Have you thought about using greenstuff to blur the lower half of some of the models so they seem more ghost-like?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:00 am
You could have dead heretics pull the tank with a sister superior repentia in ghosty form whipping them forward.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items