Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
path of shinbo (under re-construction...)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

i know it's not all there but what do you think?
  i bet i could help.
  do what? your so confused your confusing me!
  i know exactly what you are. -PMs and shows you the closest path to what you belive in-
  i like tacos and G.I Joes! ((random option is indeed quite random))
View Results

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:43 pm
ok since i'm here i might as well at least try to explain my path so far as hard as it may be. please, be gentle with me i'm still quite wayward and confused my self. Anyway here's how i got here to this spritual revival for lack of better term. Well, around last Halloween i started feeling a bit empty with christanity, i was raised southern baptist but just have felt something worng about it. anyway i found out that some of my friends where pagan and wiccain and i started reasearching the paths. i bought a book someone said that books about the religions where goo starts....this is kinda where things got a bit hairy...my mother is like HARDCORE Southeren Baptist and thinks i'd be sumoning demons if i converted. so i've had to keep it hidden. i've also tryed being buddest but i still felt a bit off but i did take some teachings of it, like karma and rebirth.

any way i should start with what i already believe in so it may make it easier to place me i guess.

well i should start with my deities but this is where i'm confused because my research draws up two but my heart is telling me of three and i know that listening to ones heart is more important but my mind wants clearity. a name for what the heack i am, so for now we'll call it shinboism. if thats ok, otay? well i reconise two goddesses and one god they represent the moon the earth and the sun. that's all i know for now. i believe that everything has a soul, there is rebirth but from the threads i've read sofar i think the process is quite different from what i've been reading. you see what i think happens when you die is that you are born back into a spirit world and age in reverse and then you are reborn back here but you don't always come back the same as you were in your past life. for rituals i don't have any yet i guess that will come in time with more research and meditation. as for spirits which i believe are souls with out vessels do share importance. i have found the internet to be quite a double edged sword, as for this being the right subforum for a thread like this i'm not shure any way if you guys can help and have any segestions they are much appreciated.

Edit!: i apoligise i have failed to mention a intrest in Druidery, Wicca and simuler faiths. that might have helped. also, i may have made this post a bit vage so your questions will be anserd if asked. my bad. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:00 pm
Hm!
This is somewhat difficult to read for me. I would say try reading up on specific myths, cultures, and pantheons from all over the world. Also, try not to get caught up in naming it so fast, that takes time. Granted, when you go about your research, there are probably a couple things you're going to have to learn, unlearn, and readjust to. The other members'll probably be more specific on this than I am, especially if you give more details (and perhaps a bit more clearly. But that probably could be just me having difficulty understanding your post). Don't worry. They WILL ask questions. For your benefit.
wink  

Chaos Blue

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:12 pm
Chaos Blue
Hm!
This is somewhat difficult to read for me. I would say try reading up on specific myths, cultures, and pantheons from all over the world. Also, try not to get caught up in naming it so fast, that takes time. Granted, when you go about your research, there are probably a couple things you're going to have to learn, unlearn, and readjust to. The other members'll probably be more specific on this than I am, especially if you give more details (and perhaps a bit more clearly. But that probably could be just me having difficulty understanding your post). Don't worry. They WILL ask questions. For your benefit.
wink
ah thanks for the comment! yes i thought it was a bit foggy i have had a bit of intest in wicca and druidery. i must have failed to mention that i apoligise for the vageness. ^-^  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:05 pm
You know, what I did once was, when I had difficulty defining what it was I was so drawn to, I took a journal and a pen, and wrote my thoughts out manually. You might want to try it, it'll probably order your thoughts a little better, even if you don't come to a clear conclusion. But that's when you can start being more and more specific, and then you'll get closer to an answer when you're able to sort out more of the details. Because there's just something about writing it all out that makes the cogs really start turning in your mind. Something that typing can't always achieve. 3nodding  

Chaos Blue

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:09 pm
Chaos Blue
You know, what I did once was, when I had difficulty defining what it was I was so drawn to, I took a journal and a pen, and wrote my thoughts out manually. You might want to try it, it'll probably order your thoughts a little better, even if you don't come to a clear conclusion. But that's when you can start being more and more specific, and then you'll get closer to an answer when you're able to sort out more of the details. Because there's just something about writing it all out that makes the cogs really start turning in your mind. Something that typing can't always achieve. 3nodding
you know that not a bad idea just so happends i got a couple composition books few days ago i will make good use of one now and i shall post what i white here might make it more detailed and more orgenized since i am one of the worlds worst orgenizers.... thanks for your help ^.^  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:05 pm
X-Shinbo-X
Well, around last Halloween i started feeling a bit empty with christanity, i was raised southern baptist but just have felt something worng about it.
How so? Was the doctrine confusing? Did you feel your sacraments were invalid? What attempts did you make in order to rectify your relationship with YHVH?
If your sacraments were valid, what effect does breaking your vow to YHVH have?

Quote:
anyway i found out that some of my friends where pagan and wiccain and i started reasearching the paths.
May I inquire as to how old your friends are? What tradition are they initiated into?
Quote:

i bought a book someone said that books about the religions where goo starts....
Usually depends on the religion. See, for mainstream traditions, books are good because they can cover an established understanding quickly and easily.

For cults such as Wica, where there are Mysteries and the like, books aren't useful because the things that make Wica Wica are secrets and experiential Mysteries. That means that anyone telling you that you can find them in a book doesn't really understand the religion that well. It also means any book you buy won't have the actual religious tradition within it, at best you'll be buying things that are ernestly mistaken to be Wica by those who don't know any better, at worst, you're paying Oathbreakers and Liars for their lies.

Quote:

this is kinda where things got a bit hairy...my mother is like HARDCORE Southeren Baptist and thinks i'd be sumoning demons if i converted. so i've had to keep it hidden.
What kinds of ethical standards do you hold that it is acceptable to violate the Hospitality of your mother's home?
Quote:

i've also tryed being buddest but i still felt a bit off but i did take some teachings of it, like karma and rebirth.
What elements of Karma do you believe in?
Quote:

well i should start with my deities but this is where i'm confused because my research draws up two
Which two? What research? Which books, links ect have you used?

Quote:
but my heart is telling me of three
Why only three?

Quote:
well i reconise two goddesses and one god they represent the moon the earth and the sun. that's all i know for now.
The way this is phrased, it sounds like you're saying the deities aren't actually real, but instead your imagination putting an anthropomorphic wash over celestial (and terrestrial) bodies. Is this intentional? Is it indicative of an error in reasoning?
Quote:

i believe that everything has a soul, there is rebirth but from the threads i've read sofar i think the process is quite different from what i've been reading. you see what i think happens when you die is that you are born back into a spirit world and age in reverse and then you are reborn back here but you don't always come back the same as you were in your past life.
Have you read The River Why?

Quote:
i apoligise i have failed to mention a intrest in Druidery,
How much research have you done into what is commonly called Druids? Have you had a chance to look at the actual cultural implications and the racism that is prevalent in the US when it comes to misrepresenting the Celts?
Quote:

Wicca and simuler faiths.
What aspects of Wica attract you? What source material have you investigated?  

TeaDidikai

PathWays

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff