Medical equipment conversions?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:21 am
Got a Valkyrie in the mail today as a gift, which is a nice welcome as I can now start work on my emergency extraction bird. Basically this will be an unarmed bird (the cheek mounted weapon replaced by a second sensory panel) and the wings holding those fuel tanks I ordered not long ago. I'm planning on giving this bird an interior of sorts, I already have a medic and guard ready but I'm looking for some ideas on how to scratch build stretchers and other medical equipment.

So, any help or tips are much appreciated.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:54 am
Another Valkyrie? *twitch*  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:19 pm

For the stretchers themselves, I suggest using plasticard for the bed of the stretcher and some thin plasticard for the rails. To make the support rails underneath, some small plasticard rivets or other similar design would work to make the stand.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:57 am
Lady Blodwynn
Uh yeah, someone dropped my laptop and is obviously still feeling bad about it. I've also got spare parts in the mail that should arrive later this week for my fifth Valkyrie, one that I'm going to convert and paint to fit that Elysian pathfinder.

Caleidah

For the stretchers themselves, I suggest using plasticard for the bed of the stretcher and some thin plasticard for the rails. To make the support rails underneath, some small plasticard rivets or other similar design would work to make the stand.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Thanks, that could work. I'll just need to find a way to fit four of these into the cramped rear of the Valkyrie along with the medic, wounded soldiers and armed crew chief. sweatdrop  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:13 am
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Uh yeah, someone dropped my laptop and is obviously still feeling bad about it. I've also got spare parts in the mail that should arrive later this week for my fifth Valkyrie, one that I'm going to convert and paint to fit that Elysian pathfinder.
Wow, the power of guilt is a strong one.

You could try making stretchers from paper treated with pva glue and frames made from copper rods.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:26 am
I've magnetized the rear ramp and already added some tiny bits and bobs to the compartment, tomorrow I'll scrounge for parts to use for a bench and a stretcher, if I can fit that all in there! sweatdrop  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:10 pm

One thing you could do, similar to old medivac birds, is to have open spots for stretchers on the outside of the ship for men that don't require immediate attention. Get a couple of men strapped to the outside near the hatches, possibly add some rails to the outside.

The other thought would be to have some kind of extended gantry hanging under the twin boom at the back of the ship with the rear hatch open.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:31 pm
While I love M.A.S.H. to death the idea of strapping wounded to the side of a jet is less than recommended for anything other than ablative armour. sweatdrop  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:18 pm

Hm. The only other thing that I could think of would be to use plasticard / spare pieces of side armor to extend the sides of the bird and give it a wider belly. I can see why it wouldn't be appealing to strap your wounded to the side of a jet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:28 am
Sadly I can't widen the body any more or make it any longer, I've already built the fuselage and magnetized the ramp. Maybe I'll install some fold-down seats fixed to the wall. Failing that I'll just improvise with some ammo crates.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:01 am
I wouldn't cram too much into the interior, my two door gunners are already taking up quite the space, especially if you want to keep them mobile and allow for the doors to slide shut.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games