Submit

Kim Chi
  <33
  ...I don't like it
  What's that?
View Results

-Dotted-Delete

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:27 am
Just list some of the most annoying things of being an Asian...
And Were there ever anything you want ? (Culture, Tradition, meals, etc. related.)

For me, I don't know why sometime when I walk pass other people who I don't even know they make this stupid noise going "Chi Chang Chong~"
neutral I mean seriously, I don't walk pass other people of other ethics going
" No wayyy Girlfriendddss, na uh *snap fingers* Uoa did enit" (at least that makes "some" sense) rolleyes . && Typically, what's with the "You all look alike"... umm Yeah, if I had a Twin! Lastly, I don't know how Asian parents can be so strict. It puts tremendous pressure on the child.
Does anyone here ever get a family traditional holiday? Since my parent aren't the "family" type of person, I've never gotten a B-day party that I could remember or anything like a Fun/relaxing family vacation. =|

P.S
I need to make good Kim Chi , PM me if you have an idea how to. xD
Cuz I'm Random like that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:46 am
Chyeah! Most Asians speak their ethnic language within their families, while WHITE-AMERICAN families prefer to speak english! stare And hey, maybe most of us Asians look alike because our ancestors always married other Asians and not a different race? I wouldn't say Asian parents are "strict," but they just want their kid to keep on studying so they can get into a better college, a good job, etc. It makes sense xd I don't think my family has a traditional holiday, though; but do birthdays, vacations, and Christmas count? smile

Sorry, I don't know how to make Kim Chi. <_<  

FireWind22

1,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

-Dotted-Delete

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:51 am
xD lol dawn... I really need to make those kim chi, *double click on Google*  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:34 pm
I've only made instant Kim Chi. Not out of this world but it satisfies the hunger.

I'm Filipino but I'm really pale and often get mistaken for other Asian ethnicities. Most other Filipinos are tanned or darker skinned.
My other Filipino friends always marvel at why I'm so much lighter especially since I was born there.

Yes because people of a race are all exactly the same colour. The same way not all Portuguese people are the same skin tone. It's called genetics and my mom is of a similar palish-yellow tone.
It annoys me when people of the same race generalize and expect certain things.  

anna bandana

Profitable Prophet

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces