Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Khan in the sequel, yes/no? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you be okay with Khan showing up in Trek XII?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Elle Lyn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:40 pm
User Image
Taken from an io9 article (read here): "Writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman told an interviewer there's "a 50/50 chance" Khan will show up in their sequel." Personally, I was excited more about those rumors of having no villain. Khan was great, but I'm unsure if he'd really have the same effect as he did before in a new movie.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:28 pm
It's a terrible idea...

I stated before Star Trek XI was a fluke. Now this is proof Kurtzman and Orci are really, really stupid.

This, and the new Transformers flick....  

Matt Pniewski

Dust Dancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:36 pm
http://trekmovie.com/2009/06/20/orci-kurtzman-talk-star-trek-sequel-and-the-one-after-that-too/

I don't think they're bringing him back.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:30 am
I'm not too sure about khan coming back. He's already been done.  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Lavendar L.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:42 pm
I love Khan but he has no place. If they could find a significant reason for putting him in that makes absolute sense I'd be all for it.
Likely that is going to happen? No.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:37 pm
I hated Khan. But I guess that's the point, right? Seriously though, I don't think they should bring up his character again. I liked the way he left.  

Screaming Lord Byron

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:19 am
TheTroubledTribble
I hated Khan. But I guess that's the point, right? Seriously though, I don't think they should bring up his character again. I liked the way he left.

In one of the greatest Sci Fi adventure movies ever.....  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:29 am
Matt Pniewski
TheTroubledTribble

In one of the greatest Sci Fi adventure movies ever.....

ohhh yeah I know! imdb.com gave it a pretty good rating and review 7.8/10  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Kizzeh

4,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:27 pm
I dunno I liked Khan played by Ricardo Montalban.Not only that but why bring him out again?Unless they plan on making the exact same movie,minis the original actors/actresses.I see no reason to bring him out again.I am for another villain.An unknown.Surly there is plenty of life forms to choose from.I dunno I just think they should let khan be for now....And come up with something original...like monster tribbles! j/k.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:40 pm
There is only one Khan.

Bringing him back, in an "alternate universe" with a new actor would not only be incredibly disappointing, it would dishonor the memory of one of the greatest sci-fi movies ever made.  

blueorca_91

NiennaSayyadina

8,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:16 pm
I would say NO. The character of Khan was too iconic and the passing of Richard Montalban only makes it cheapen his memory to try to "redo" his character.

NooooOOO...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:44 am
NiennaSayyadina
I would say NO. The character of Khan was too iconic and the passing of Richard Montalban only makes it cheapen his memory to try to "redo" his character.

NooooOOO...

Oh, somebody else can play Khan just as well as Montalban. It will be different, though.

The character's just been done already.....

Montalban was actually much more interesting in the Planet of the Apes franchise anyway, as an Animal loving Circus Ringmaster who takes in the young child ape from the future. Strives to be like St. Francis of Assisi, flirts Zira, the talking female ape from the future.

Yes, I preferred Montalban when he was in a much dumber franchise. The character had his charisma. Khan he had to hold back for.  

Matt Pniewski

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:28 pm
if Khan will appear in the second movie then who will portray him?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:46 pm
Seeing Khans beastly man-breasts again is something to be...whats the word...i dont know odd?

Seeing the new Kirk with a new Khan would be kind of odd i think..unless the whole" KHAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" thing is re-done again.  

jinx_at_luv

Aria Hikari

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:36 am
Im not too keen about Khan coming back...and even if he did....who would play him?

hmm....nah....im not too happy with that idea >.<  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces