Reply Silky Slime Laboratory
My Suggestions - Guild Additions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jasquilato

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:48 pm
Well, I have come up with a list of things to do with this guild. A bunch of them might require a fresh start to secure fairness meaning the closing of this guild and the start of a second version. Here are my ideas.

Currency
Rather than having a non-set price, it would be more efficient to adopt post-currency. In the members page of the guild, it has a list of all the members and their total number of posts. In any circumstances that require transactions, rather than pay with gold, you pay by posts.
-Pros
Everyone is capable of this method of currency, rich or poor. You don't have to count up posts in certain threads; you just check the members page for the total number of posts. Requiring posting for orders will allow the artist/animator a LOT more time to get orders finished. Monitoring currency (points) is MUCH easier; one simple click and you have the information you need.
-Cons
This form of currency cannot be gained any faster; for instance, RP thread posts (cannot) count as more currency; everything is equally valued. God-Modding is easier due to the fact that Captains can delete users' posts (and remove currency) at their own discretion. No real profit will be made by the animator; no gold or Gaian value.
Certain actions would require more or less total posts. For instance, special orders that require more time would require more posts. Now, in order to complete a transaction, there could be a thread that each user posts ONCE in, possibly the ordering center. As they order, etc., they edit their post and add the amount deducted from their total Posts. This idea is much more convenient than counting posts in numerous RP threads.

More Realistic Ordering/Breeding
Change the ordering center to a central adoption center. Here, you get slimes from adoption rather than ordering. The difference is that the slimes seem more like living life-forms rather than an accessory from a box. "I would like to order..." VS "I would like to adopt...".
Now, breeding would be a bit different. We could incorporate eggs into this guild to make the slimes seem even more realistic. In the central adoption center, you get the actual slime. In the breeding center, you get an EGG after breeding. In order to hatch this egg, a required number of posts must be made for the egg to hatch. Each post still goes toward currency points, accordingly. Now, in order to keep track of THIS, in the breeding form, the owner must fill out how many posts he/she had at that time. They must get an additional amount of posts in order for their egg to hatch. For instance: Megan has 400 posts and fills out a breeding form on which she says that she has 400 post points. The egg requires 100 posts to hatch. A day later, she has 500 posts. Thus her egg has hatched, revealing the slime. Depending on the "rarity" of the type of slime being bred, the required number of posts to hatch will be increased or decreased accordingly. Now, when having the egg, it is debatable whether to have it on display in a selected terrain or not. It would make sense to, maybe even have an animation where it wiggles back and forth every once in a while. Now, in order to actually breed, you *must* purchase a "love" or "fertile" potion for the breeding to be successful. This will be priced by number of total posts, like I suggested before.

More Breeding Options
I noticed how you don't get many choices when you breed. By that I mean that the possible results aren't very broad. I'd like to see more shiny slimes, possibly one of every color rather than just pink. Multi-colored would be nice, too, even though I know you don't like doing that one. Something other than elements would be nice. Maybe more shapes and forms like a square slime. A white/opal slime would be nice; it could be some form of shiny that is made from two black slimes.

More Terrain Options
I could find some Gaia items that would be nice to add for terrain like more flower types or rocks. I would like to see more choices. I can help out finding more.

The Animation/Picture Design
It looks very nifty, so there is not much I would want to change here. I think the date of hatching/adopting should be added, though I don't see much room. It would be a very nice addition to the information on the animation. The date of birth doesn't ever change, unlike the EXP level as mentioned in the next suggestion.

Leveling/EXP
An overall experience amount could be added to each slime. This amount is defined by post points as well. Every x number of posts after hatching raises a slime by a level, for instance. The maximum default level could be 100. This is only a visual addition. The point is to show how much you have "raised" and cared for your slime. In order to keep track of this, you *must* have certain information for each of your slimes. All slimes would need to have these components listed: Date hatched, # of posts before bred, EXP, level, gender, name, owner, breed (type - shiny, etc.), and accessories purchased with price totals. It wouldn't be in that order, but this would all be put into your own post. All of your slimes would be in the same post with all information organized.

That is all I have for now. Please consider revising or improving my ideas. Like I said, most of these might require major reformation and possibly starting a fresh guild.
To any of the MODs of this guild: I would be MORE than happy to help organize a new guild or help implement these ideas into this guild. I'm very organized and love setting up guilds.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:08 pm
I know how to shrink down Gaia items and fit them onto slimes. I have made several low-quality examples below. Sorry, I saved them all in an insufficient format. I will be able to make them more clear in the future, but these are some of my ideas for more accessories.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  

Jasquilato

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:16 am
We used to have a point shop that encouraged people to post, not more often, but more detailed posts, by offering 1 point per 5 sentences in each roleplay post. We stopped doing this because it became difficult to keep track of points.

The entire purpose of a non-set price is so that anyone can buy a Slime - even without being a member of the Guild. Silky Slimes were created so that people could enjoy breedable, playable pets with no restrictions. People offer their basic Slimes up to breed for free so that people can own elementals even without having to own a basic Slime.

A lot of Guild members buy Slimes for other people around the holidays, and sometimes non-members stumble onto the Guild in time for somebody's birthday or anniversary. Making post count a factor in receiving Slimes would mean the only people who could get them as gifts would be the people who are already buying them for themselves.

Eggs requiring a certain post count would negate the availability of baby Slimes to non-members.

The only rare Slimes are holiday or staff-only Slimes. If it's available to the general public outside of a holiday event, it's common.

Additional Slimes, terrains, accessories, and statuses, and emotes can be suggested in the Silky Slimes Suggestion Topic. Many of our current options were first suggested in this thread.

I think I've covered everything. Excuse me if it's a bit disjointed. It's past 4am in my time zone.

The choice to do anything, though, lies with Meriko only.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:49 am
You can post as a non-member, though. Can't you? If not, becoming a member is free and easy. This idea would increase guild activity and would add more entertainment options. That's just my opinion.
Also, your old point system was rather difficult to keep up with. My idea doesn't require any counting.  

Jasquilato

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:58 am
Non-members can post, yes, but it's unreasonable to say that people who receive a Slime egg as a gift need to make a few hundred posts to find out what their gift even is.

Our goal isn't to have an active Guild, it's to have a cheap and fun Guild. Even at the Guild's highest point - as the most popular Breedables Guild - most of the activity was about half a dozen people who were only around because Slimes were funny and cute, not because they got anything for being there.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:17 pm
No, the newborn will have been predetermined and known before the two slimes breed. There won't be any "chance" breeds. That way, the owners have something to look forward to. They will be encouraged to post for it, making it more fun. At the same time, this allows the animator PLENTY of time to create the new breeds. The breeder fills out a breed form or whatnot that the animator works off of while the breeder posts. The number of posts won't be extravagant or anything. Maybe on some new rare breeds like a white slime, the hatch time will be significantly longer. Other than that, everything would be at a reasonable amount of posts. It just adds to the fun. It wouldn't discourage people from ordering or breeding.

I think that with a more active guild, there is more "fun". New things can be implemented. It just makes it fun altogether for members and soon-to-be members. Once again, just all my opinion.  

Jasquilato

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:03 pm
White Slimes already exist, actually. They're a custom color basic Slime, so they aren't available until customs come back on the menu. Emi & I both have a few from when they were allowed.

However, I disagree on the posting to earn your pet being "fun" - I'd be furious, personally. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:34 pm
Well, I guess we have our differences. My ideas won't ever come into play, so I'll just get over it now. Oh well, thanks for your insight.  

Jasquilato

Silky Slime Laboratory

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff