Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply All In the Golden Afternoon
why???? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yuyuhakusho123

250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:01 pm
The first question I always get asked when i say i LOVE alice in wonderland
is why the heck do u like something so strange and bizarre?
My reason is Me as a person is strange and I have always wanted to go to Wonderland
Those people almost seemed normal to me
my quesion is why do guys love alice in wonderland?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:27 pm
Because it's a crazy children's story that has so many deeper meaning. You don't get stuff like that anymore. =D  

Lily of the Sword
Crew

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noob wrangler 100

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:17 pm
Hmm... you know, that's a good question. You have to love the creativity and sheer imagination that you find oozing from every single page of the books. But I think it's also the childishness of the original that keeps me coming back and reading it over and over again. It's so refreshing to read something like that these days! [ / s o u n d i n g o l d ]  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:02 pm
The randomness of it is amusing.
Escaping into a completely different world... that's what I'd like to do, so I guess I'd like to think of Alice as my alter ego ^^"
It's a cool place, there don't seem to be any rules, you just go with the flow... it's great.

iLady_Wonderland

Ainsly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:25 am
First it's one of those books that children can enjoy, but adults get even more out of it (rather like Winnie the Pooh, one of the most under appreciated philosophers). Second, Wonderland is a world that seems utterly mind bending, yet obeys a sense of logic that is so refined and subtle that very few realize it's even there, rather like the Chaos Theory. And third, the characters are absolutely lovable and unforgettable and I want to bring them all home with me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:21 am
It's got so many hidden meanings and puzzles and puns that you've just got to admire, and the actual story is just so crazy. As Ainsly said, "Wonderland is a world that seems utterly mind bending, yet obeys a sense of logic that is so refined and subtle that very few realize it's even there." I love it because I love the logic.  

White Queen Amata

xxnikita_nightmarexx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:51 am
for me its like everyone has there own wonderland and it could be anything you want it to be it just takes a little magic and some imagination and i think that alice's wonderland made everyones wonderland so much more crazyer sna funer and its fantastic its someplace i go to escape from the harshness and stuff of the real world which is why i love it so much.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:41 pm
User Image

Well, I havent been a fan for very long only since i was 10 about. im 17 now but the reason i like is for comparing all the differences in the movies an books all the different remakes there are like Frank Beddor has his Looking Glass Wars series waitinf for the third one this fall >w<
Hatter and March Hare have always been my favorites.
I have had a Wonderland of my own and I am Alice its strange lol

User Image  

AliceXHatter

4,750 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

ColeSama529

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:25 pm
N o b o d y s D A M S E L
Hmm... you know, that's a good question. You have to love the creativity and sheer imagination that you find oozing from every single page of the books. But I think it's also the childishness of the original that keeps me coming back and reading it over and over again. It's so refreshing to read something like that these days!

Ditto.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:36 am
@ xxnikita_nightmarexx: I think you sum it up best; AiW allows each and every one of use to escape reality and immerse ourselves in fantasy. It used to be something that was pitched about books all the time, the ability to transport you to another world... but it seems like these days books are forced down people's throats so often that people forget. Which is sad. crying

@ iMeanieFace: Ooh... that's an interesting reason. Very intellectual sounding. *nodnod* Oooh... and now I know that I have a book release to be looking forward to!

@ SuGaRuSh529: *high fives* XD

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

King Louis XVII

2,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:17 am
I'm a guy and I like it because of the faint macabre tones that encompass wonderland. I just love the underlying insanity of it! :3  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:41 am
User Image
Because it's unique, wonderfully abstract, and appeals to people with imagination.

People that say they dislike books like "Of Mice and Men," "Alice In Wonderland," "Hamlet," "To Kill A Mockingbird," e.t.c. have less imagination than those that do.
>_>

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150

Sammiie in Wonderland

750 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:37 pm
omg.
i love this movie because i find it absolutely hilarious
i think its completely original (the books aswell obviously)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:23 am
I love it cause its soo different and strange..
Its her imagination.. I just love it  

ReichenFeels

Interesting Lunatic

Moon-Shadow30

Gracious Phantom

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:28 pm
It is the most bizzare and insane novel I've ever read and I love it for it. biggrin  
All In the Golden Afternoon

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff