What would you want to see rebooted?
  The Next Generation
  Deep Space Nine
  Voyager
  Enterprise
View Results

Dust Dancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:09 pm
After watching the rebooted TOS movie, Star Trek XI, I wondered what would happen after the 2 sequels were finished.

I started thinking about the other series. Would they be rebooted too? What would that be like? Should they even be rebooted in the first place?

Everyone's thoughts?

I...won't be able to respect Picard so much if he had hair for some reason (since Hollywood's going for that "make everyone 20-something")...Other than that , I don't mind a TNG reboot.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:13 pm
hmm, yeah It would be fun to imagine what he would look like with a full head of hair. I'm also interested in seening Voyager rebooted, I can imagine Rachel McAdams as a young seven of nine.  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:33 pm
I'd like to see just a new series from the Next Generation/Voyager/Deep Space Nine era, but new ship and crew. Maybe a couple familiar faces. No Reboot.

If they keep going in the Abramsverse, keep it to TOS. At that point there are so many strange new worlds to explore, you could reinvent anything or just give us something completely original.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:46 pm
Matt Pniewski
I'd like to see just a new series from the Next Generation/Voyager/Deep Space Nine era, but new ship and crew. Maybe a couple familiar faces. No Reboot.

If they keep going in the Abramsverse, keep it to TOS. At that point there are so many strange new worlds to explore, you could reinvent anything or just give us something completely original.

Yeah, If they were making a movie rebooting all the series, at least stick to the issues. When I saw Star Trek XI it really didn't address any issues.  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Dust Dancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:59 pm
SuperCrazyChocolate
Matt Pniewski

Yeah, If they were making a movie rebooting all the series, at least stick to the issues. When I saw Star Trek XI it really didn't address any issues.

I honestly think issues would just blow over most movie-goers' heads. All people want nowadays is action and pretty images, and that's what Hollywood gives them. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:01 pm
Dust Dancer
SuperCrazyChocolate
Matt Pniewski

I honestly think issues would just blow over most movie-goers' heads. All people want nowadays is action and pretty images, and that's what Hollywood gives them. neutral

Yeah that's true.  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Rc Thunder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:05 pm
With the new movie out and how will it did. If there is a new tv show it will be for that. Where the future is free to go anywhere. to timeline to follow. I think that if that happen the show will do very will.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:06 pm
Dust Dancer
SuperCrazyChocolate
Matt Pniewski

See, if it blows over their heads, good. We don't get people whining about movies and TV Shows having morals like they do... And that's the thing that was missing from the last film.

And you don't have to be as blatant as Roddenberry was.... Look at the Spider-Man films, those had messages, morals, ect... Iron Man as well.... We could also put that to the side if we wanted to.

Heck, Half Fish (shameless promotion) is really a criticism of the way people handle their relationships these days.......

I think the heart and soul of Star Trek was in the fact that it wasn't about the future, it was about the sixties. The Next Generation was about the eighties and nineties. Next Generation came out during a time when the shoot first and ask questions later, barbaric he man was the American Ideal. And in the first episode, what happens? The creature killing everyone is reasoned with, and Picard doesn't fire a single shot at it.  

Matt Pniewski

Frogr1701

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:50 pm
If they do bring out a new series, I can't say which way I would like to see it go. I'm not so sure I want to see one based off the alternate timeline, at least not just yet. Continuing after Voyager/Nemesis is what Star Trek: Online is doing and it is boring me to death with their awful ship designs and quite honestly, dumb storyline.

Enterprise broke some established laws and bent boundries so a Star Trek: Daedalus seems a little...haphazard at the moment.

I don't have a straight answer. What I can say is if it weren't for the budget people have to cram out for these, I have liked some of the fan-made series which involve different ships in a familiar era.

Matt Pniewski

See, if it blows over their heads, good. We don't get people whining about movies and TV Shows having morals like they do... And that's the thing that was missing from the last film.

And you don't have to be as blatant as Roddenberry was.... Look at the Spider-Man films, those had messages, morals, ect... Iron Man as well.... We could also put that to the side if we wanted to.

Heck, Half Fish (shameless promotion) is really a criticism of the way people handle their relationships these days.......

I think the heart and soul of Star Trek was in the fact that it wasn't about the future, it was about the sixties. The Next Generation was about the eighties and nineties. Next Generation came out during a time when the shoot first and ask questions later, barbaric he man was the American Ideal. And in the first episode, what happens? The creature killing everyone is reasoned with, and Picard doesn't fire a single shot at it.

I would debate to say that Star Trek is, at its heart and soul, about the future. Specifically a hopeful vision of the future. Of course each series had episodes which were a reflection of the times they were produced in, but the main message in each episode is that there is something to be learned and that the future can be full of wonder and reward if there is a healthy respect for the danger of the unknowns of the outside, and the ones within ourselves.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:58 pm
It'd be interesting but I'd rather not see it. Not everything that is rebooted comes out well.  

Lavendar L.

Miral Paris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:57 pm
I don't want to see anything rebooted. Reboots = bad juju.

I have two suggestions.

If they have their hearts set on TOS era, that's fine. But don't do another show with the Enterprise. Instead, it could feature a new crew and some new obstacles and challenges to tackle. I wouldn't mind it being AU (even though that would give them an excuse to set it on the Enterprise). Heck, it could even be a Constitution-class starship for all I care.

What I'd really like to see is something post-Nemesis era. Even more crazy, advanced technology, new characters, some new races, a new starship, etc. I'd love to have it feature a mostly alien crew with races that have never been regulars (as in title sequence billing) in a Star Trek series. Such as Andorians, Bolians, Tellerites, Cardassians (debatable), etc. Of course we'd have to have a Vulcan and a few humans thrown in there.

Anyway. Just my opinion.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff