Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ClashXtart
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:34 pm
There aren't any trailers yet but there still seems to be plenty of hype. Johnny Depp is to play the Mad Hatter and Anne Hathaway the White Queen.
Has anyone read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland or Through the Looking Glass. OR has anyone seen a movie version other than Disney's 1951 animated version?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:33 pm
I have read the book and seen the Disney version. If like me you have done both you will find the Disney version VERY different. It was edited to be made more "happy" and "fun for children". The book has a different meaning than the Disney movie. I expect that Tim Burton will stick closer to the book, which will make his movie more interesting. His quirky dark side is a good twist to the book, since that is what the book pratically is. I recommend reading both books and seeing the Disney version before going and seeing the movie.

mrgreen

Medical Malpractice

ClashXtart
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:56 am
I recently finished reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass. Neither story was dark, they're just nonsensical, which is exactly what they were written to be I believe, and it was frustrating because at points it didn't seem to go anywhere because of the nonsense and Alice acknowledges the nonsense of the characters in Wonderland and gets frustrated too and eventually begins to think just like them which makes it more frustrating, and a little annoying.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:59 pm
GOOD NEWS! There is finally a trailer out for it!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeWsZ2b_pK4  

ClashXtart
Crew

fray_ava

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:22 pm
The trailer shows how Tim Burton puts his twist on everything.
Not exactly how I imagined it but its going to be great anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:16 pm
I've recently read Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.
I can't recall if I've ever seen the Disney verison of Alice in Wonderland, but I would like to see both versions - Disney and Tim Burton.  

Shugota

The Goddess of Biscuts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:01 pm
Ive only seen the Disney cartoon sweatdrop i cant wait to see Tim Burton's verson!!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:59 am
I've only seen Disney's version of Alice in Wonderland. I haven't read the book, though if someone would mention the author, I'd gladly to get the book and give it a read.

Tim Burton's movies are awesome. I can't wait what he does to Alice in Wonderland. I do know the Cheshire Cat isn't pink and purple, but gray and blue..I believe I got the colors right. Anyway, the new colors are suppose to be from the book, right? Well, they wouldn't really be new, but to me they are since I've only watched the Disney's version.  

Daylights Dream

Movies and TV

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff