My new Vulture! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 am
Has Mac gone retarded? Not really, but people have posted worse s**t before. So enjoy my trip into becoming something stupid.

What is this? It has my name on it..
User Image

And what's this?! Bubble wrap plastic, popping those is like a tiny orgasm!
User Image

A Forge World catalogue of this year? What kind of pathetic mockery is this? Hang on, what does the packing slip say?
User Image

OH. MY. EMPEROR'S TITS. That's fast! crying
User Image

Bag one holds fuel tanks, bag two has Punisher cannons.
User Image

The fuel tanks for a future project.
User Image

The Punisher cannons with clamps, feeds and massive ammo drums.
User Image

The big bag with other parts.
User Image

The Valkyrie kit minus rear compartment sprue.
User Image

The Vulture conversion pack bag.
User Image

The main fuselage.
User Image

Pile of other assorted bits that go onto the fuselage to make a Vulture.
User Image

Excuse me now while I grab my saw, vile and clippers and proceed to remove all vents, tabs and whatnots followed by a thorough scrub with some washing liquid and an old toothbrush.

Tally Ho!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:13 am
One cleaned and shaved conversion kit with Punisher cannons.

User Image
click picture for larger image

While those parts dry from their scrubbing I'll turn to the other task at hand: preparing the plastic parts needed for the kit.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:35 am
What we need from the Valkyrie frames:
User Image
The tail booms, wings with vectored thrusters and landing gear, the weapon pylons, cockpit canopies, the cockpit landing gear and the entire cockpit section.

And what it gets us:
User Image
Two tail booms minus flaps, a complete cockpit with the pegs for holding it inside the hull cut off and filed down and two complete wings.

It shows that this kit is a first production run model, as almost everything fits perfectly and all parts are still intact. In fact, the kit is so perfect I already find myself at the sub assembly stage!
User Image
click the picture for a larger version

Quite amazingly the model is now ready for spraying and painting, oh snap! I didn't think that it would be that easy to build this kit.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:00 am
Ooooh, congrats on getting one. I see that you're left with a massive pile of spare parts from that Valkyrie sprue. Too bad the rear compartment isn't included for those conversions you were talking about. Good luck painting the bugger! wink  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:30 am
Ugh.. painting. gonk

Double gonk because I ran out of chaos black primer halfway through.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:21 am
A quick PIP:

User Image
The Punisher cannons + ammo feeds. Due to the flash they look a tad too shiny. The are painted boltgun metal, washed badab black, drybrushed boltgun metal, then chainmail and finally a light drybrush of mithril silver. The barrels were lightly drybrushed chaos black around the edges.

User Image
Current state of the Vulture. The first few layers of middlestone have been applied and the engine has been painted boltgun metal and given a badab black wash. I'm going to focus on the engine first and then focus on weathering the hull. When the main fuselage is done I can shift my attention to the tail booms, rear flaps and the wings.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:41 am
moar dakka?
impressive!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:13 am
Nothing says more dakka like two six barrel Punisher cannons! wink

Quick update, any picture can be clicked for a bigger and better version:

User Image
The cockpit, the crew is unprimed as of yet and the side canopies are also still in need of a lick of paint.

User Image
The engine exhaust, painted the same way as the Punisher cannons, only without a drybrush of chaos black. I am very proud of how this turned out.

User Image
The complete main fuselage as of now. The black parts are left blank until the tail booms are attached, from then on it's just a simple case of touching up and cleaning up.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:04 am
You're going fast, you'll have it done in no time at all.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:52 pm
I plan on having it done as soon as possible this time round! I'll be getting extra primer and a new tankbrush today so hopefully I can get it done tomorrow. I did manage to put the tail booms and rear flap on, along with the thin fiddly parts on the cockpit canopies. Whoever decided to have people paint those needs a beating! gonk  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:19 am
So this is the reason for you not paying any attention to me the last few days. Stupid boys and their stupid toys. talk2hand

It better have a nekkid grrrl on the nose! wink  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:42 am
Lt. Brookman
I plan on having it done as soon as possible this time round! I'll be getting extra primer and a new tankbrush today so hopefully I can get it done tomorrow. I did manage to put the tail booms and rear flap on, along with the thin fiddly parts on the cockpit canopies. Whoever decided to have people paint those needs a beating! gonk
Just wait till you're required to glue the frames to the canopies. I suggest using a very small amount of super glue, as that leaves almost no mark WHEN DONE RIGHT.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:33 pm
That's an interesting shade of yellow... Is there going to be any sort of camo scheme on it?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:24 pm
I thought about stippling green-brown dots onto them to stimulate desert foliage like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But that has proven to be too much of a b***h to get right and proper. sweatdrop

So instead I've decided to go the easy and clean road and just use Vallejo Middlestone as the main colour for all my Elysian vehicles in the air and on the ground. On the pictures the colour looks somewhat odd for some reason, but irl it passes as a nice muted sandy colour that is excellent for my desert themed vehicles. Once the base is done (takes about two to three thinned down coats to get nice and smooth) I can think about lightly weathering it here and there.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:37 am
Simplicity is sometimes best, besides that colour reminds me of the flyers used during the Taros campaign. I wouldn't go too crazy on the weathering and scratching of the paint job, these are aircraft and not tanks! A quick highlight followed by light chipping around the places where the crew moves the most seems like the prime candidates for such a treatment.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff