Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Cherub and Friends'
Please Report Suspected Art Thefts Here

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cruel_One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:05 am
*This is not a discussion thread. Unless you are posting a suspected art theft or have a question, do not post in this topic.

Art theft is not a pretty thing. In an effort to stop these thefts as soon as possible, I want a place where people can let others know if there are any Gaians that are taking or editing other people's art without their permission. More often than not, people will take from more than one artist, so it's best if all the artists in this guild are informed when this kind of behavior exists.

Signs of Art Theft

* trying to sell art that other people made.
* crediting other people's art as their own.
* using other people's art without the artist's permission
* editing the original artist's work (ie, taking off the artist's signature)

IMPORTANT: It is essential to not go accusing someone of stealing without knowing all the facts. Everyone should listen to the whole story before making any judgement.

Dealing with Art Theft
I do not want everyone to start flaming anyone that is being or has been reported. I think the best solution to art theft is for the original artist(s) to go to the thread and request that the person removes all pictures that belong to the artist(s), and then report to a moderator, if necessary.
You have to keep in mind that, while a lot of art thieves are aware of this, there are still lots of Gaia members are quite young and do not understand that it is not appropriate to take someone else's art. So a lot of times, simply asking them to remove the pictures will be sufficient.

I also do not wish for people to start 'hunting' for thieves; I do not think that is worth the time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:31 pm
Hepatitis V for sure. not only the obvious evidence i posted in the thread, but also that no artist would say "think this was an oc" when they draw something. i have a ton of artwork, and i can remember if even the quick drawings were OCs or not, never mind something that time consuming and elaborate. P:  

univers-m

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:10 am
Thanks, guys! I'll move that thread to the recycle bin and send her a warning.

And to the others: I'm sorry, but I deleted your posts.

Let's keep this thread "Reporting only" and not discuss the reportings. I feel like we're not giving the art thieves a second chance when we do that.  
Cherub and Friends'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games