release her from your veins
In the land of make believe
You can escape at last
But in this world where you now live
You can’t Undo your past.

Written by Damian Andrew Hesse  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:49 am
incredible....

alice in wonderland, a metaphor for...depression? thats what I got out of it.

you've got some great talent. = D  

Rock4ourRock

6,150 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Nujunuju1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:53 am
Thanks again. I like to think that writing poetry, roleplaying, short stories, and music kinda help advance my abilities as I go. Haha.

The only thing I was upset about after writing this was that I'd forgotten the best character in the story, The mad hatter. But what can you do right? haha.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:12 pm
haha you could always rewrite it... = )  

Rock4ourRock

6,150 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:59 pm
Wow, I really love this. I've always loved the story of Alice in Wonderland, and this is just great the way it compares someone else's life to that of Alice's.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:52 am
I really like this! What I get out of it is the story of a young woman who's made so many mistakes in her past, she's starting to fall uncontrollably. I can see her being a "lost soul" almost, wandering in the world, surrounded by unfamiliar and often frightening things. Like the caterpillar and the smokey date! I can see that being almost literal: imagining this creepy pothead dragging "Alice" through the city. Great job! 3nodding  

crimson_kanji

Nujunuju1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:44 pm
crimson_kanji
I really like this! What I get out of it is the story of a young woman who's made so many mistakes in her past, she's starting to fall uncontrollably. I can see her being a "lost soul" almost, wandering in the world, surrounded by unfamiliar and often frightening things. Like the caterpillar and the smokey date! I can see that being almost literal: imagining this creepy pothead dragging "Alice" through the city. Great job! 3nodding

You hit the nail right on the head my good friend... I actually got chills the way you described it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:04 pm
I love Alice in Wonderland... So naturally I loved your poem! However, your word choices did remind me of the song "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane to a certain extent. (Not that that's a bad thing, though!)  

Diosa de Armarrio

Toikey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:12 am
This is wonderful. Just beautiful. <3  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:18 pm
I love this poem! I got the sense that she was going through some rocky times, that made her weaker as time went by, and that she was learning how to do things on her own but making many mistakes as she did so, and getting into hard times becasue of it. I felt like she was growing up and moving away to face life without her immediate family, but it was hard for her to do and shew had these experiences that she would have to learn from.

Question: was the caterpillar supposed to be a good friend or someone else she might trust, becasue that's whom I got as that character.  

writerprincess29

fallenangel_Asha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:20 pm
I am giddy with happiness over this poem. Beautiful rythym and word choice, incredible symbolism, I just, I really don't think I can even see anything that could be improved. This is a wonderful poem, I am very jealous of your metaphor because it is perfect and it is beautifu.
It's funny, because, in a way, I kind of know how she feels.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:37 pm
writerprincess29
I love this poem! I got the sense that she was going through some rocky times, that made her weaker as time went by, and that she was learning how to do things on her own but making many mistakes as she did so, and getting into hard times becasue of it. I felt like she was growing up and moving away to face life without her immediate family, but it was hard for her to do and shew had these experiences that she would have to learn from.

Question: was the caterpillar supposed to be a good friend or someone else she might trust, becasue that's whom I got as that character.

In answer to your question, No the caterpillar is not a trusted vfriend or anything. More like her pimp or a boyfriend who doesn't treat her right and smokes a lot of pot. (hence: "another smokey date")  

Nujunuju1

mixlemaxle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:22 pm
In the land of make believe
You can escape at last
But in this world where you now live
You can’t Undo your past.

I love these last four lines. The flow is very nice.
I also really like the word choice, and how you twisted around the story.
Are you saying, though, that someone other than the REAL Alice is in Wonderland?

Poetry

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games