Reply The Music Artists Guild
Hear me sing, tell me how much I suck! :D

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hieroglitch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:35 pm
Link removed, I'm done. Thanks for the opinions, guys. It was good motivation to improve and keep on trucking.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:30 pm
Very well done, not bad at all. 3nodding  

Derek Destroyed

Hippeh Panda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:04 am
You pretty much nailed the "no longer" of Oliver James. Other than that, I rather like the Vedder-esque sound, without, you know, sounding like a Scott Stapp knock-off.

I'd give it an 8, from what I heard. Keep up the good work!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:32 pm
It's good to have an understanding of your vocal limitations.

I was in choir in highschool, and I sang Soprano, but outside of choral music I just don't feel comfortable singing in that high of an octave. Sounds fake.

Knowing where you sit vocally, and understanding what sets your voice apart is crucial.

I'm sure you'll do wonderfully.  

Hippeh Panda

sayaaya213

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:33 am
Wow...definitely shocked!! I heard your singing and was like eek did not expect that for sure. I do suggest you work on expanding your range...after all limitations are only a frame of mind mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:55 pm
sayaaya213
Wow...definitely shocked!! I heard your singing and was like eek did not expect that for sure. I do suggest you work on expanding your range...after all limitations are only a frame of mind mrgreen

I don't consider the range I have now a limitation, at all. I don't think I need 5 octaves and classical training to move/inspire people/make them feel emotions. If any metal singer NEEDS that to truly move someone, eh.. I think of it this way; I make bigger use out of less. I guess I can't say MUCH less, because as it stands, I have around 2.5-3 octaves. And my low end should expand a bit 'till the end of my good old pal puberty. lol

Thanks for the encouraging words, though. I'm currently writing up the lyrics for an album, and I've got a band name and a specific idea of the kind of music I wanna make. It'll be a mix of some of my favorite genres. I was actually unsure if I should do it, until I read these replies.  

Hieroglitch

Miss Riisoku

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:34 am
Take One sounded wonderful! Such an original, soulful sound, I really enjoyed listening. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:44 pm
Miss Riisoku
Take One sounded wonderful! Such an original, soulful sound, I really enjoyed listening. smile

Thanks. smile I don't know how original it really sounds, but I'm trying to draw from all of my influences so I don't sound like one in particular.

I hope I didn't sound like a know-it-all d**k with my last post, because I really don't know a lot musically speaking, but I'm pretty sure I can more than comfortably hit a G2 and then a G4 (And about 4-6 notes higher at my peak, which is a bit of a stretch but is getting easier as time goes by.)

I don't think I want to live up to any musical/classical vocal purists' expectations that can't even sing or make a name for themselves, but I've been setting goals slowly and surely for myself and I've been reaching them.  

Hieroglitch

mr_phresh_singer

4,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:09 am
not that bad  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:57 am
mr_phresh_singer
not that bad

Oh, no. You must be mistaken.. It's obvious that I suck. cry