Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Gothic Charm School Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hyena_Queen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:52 pm
Just curious if any of you people are familiar with it.
What are your thoughts on it?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:56 pm
Funny you should mention that site, as I was just on it. I think she makes an excellent point to make it clear that even though you may not be dressing for attention, you're going to get attention as a goth (or a member of any subculture with an *extreme* appearance), so just make sure to smile and not be a d**k about getting questions.  

Jinx Anachronism

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:51 pm
Jinx Anachronism
Funny you should mention that site, as I was just on it. I think she makes an excellent point to make it clear that even though you may not be dressing for attention, you're going to get attention as a goth (or a member of any subculture with an *extreme* appearance), so just make sure to smile and not be a d**k about getting questions.

I ******** love you right now.

I've been telling them that for years...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:15 pm
Jinx Anachronism

Agreed, if you choose this lifestyle you have to choose it as a whole, not just the coolness, suck it up.  

Gabriel_503

Hyena_Queen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:48 pm
I'm going to the book signing in LA.
Kinda excited about that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:34 pm
marie503
Jinx Anachronism

Agreed, if you choose this lifestyle you have to choose it as a whole, not just the coolness, suck it up.

And yet a lifestyle in general is difficult to define when it comes to goth.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:05 am
-Resurrected Writer-
marie503
Jinx Anachronism

And yet a lifestyle in general is difficult to define when it comes to goth.
Not neesacerily you just need to define more in the of specific type of goth.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:43 pm
Hyena_Queen

I'm going as well.  

LaceyBones

Hyena_Queen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:06 pm
LaceyBones
Hyena_Queen

I'm going as well.

Awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:26 pm
I made a post in the multimedia forum about her videos on YouTube. And, her interview on a tv news station in Seattle. smile

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=15901527

But, I love the Lady of Manners. She's someone I look up to. I like her attitude about being polite. Being a jerk will only make things worse for you and everyone else in the subculture. Shock with kindness. 3nodding

She'll be at Comic Com this year as well. I'm going. cool  

Ms Dahl

Hyena_Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:03 pm
I was just curious if anyone was going to her book signing in L.A....that's why I posted.
Kinda off topic but...I have the best cosplay for comicon this year XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:12 am
I discovered the site a couple of years ago. I love her ideas and her writing style. I'm not getting the book though, I'm in Europe so it would be complicated and expensive to order it.  

Ametrin

Teachidoll

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:44 pm
Oh wow I just saw the vid very cool.wish i found this site sooner.I want to go look for the book.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:09 pm
I have a suggestion!
For those of us who are going to the signing, we should all meet up there or something.  

LaceyBones

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:29 pm
...... I need to buy that book to take with me to camp.........  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff