Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what do you think
  syfy-(siffy) ehh not so bad
  sci-fi - ahh good old fashioned,better, intelligent viewing
View Results

ranch_and_potatos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:22 am
SO as many of you might know the current station that is showing star trek the next generation is changing its name to syfy or what has so fondly come to be called siffy by the literate who are outraged. why in the world would someone do something so hanus and vulger. it makes me sick even thinking about it. i cant stomach that a channel i have been getting my fill of nerdy geeky sci fi trekkyness for the past 13 years is going to change its name and its line up to reality shows and wrestling. neveeeeeeeeeer. i want to cry and so do millions of others who have come to know and love the channel and what it stands for. current owner says that ratings this year have been through the roof but they need to define themselves from all of the other sci fi brands stealing their credit. what the ********. where in the world are there MORE companies calling themselves the ligit scifi. by turning scifi into syfy it is catering to a dumber more mind numbingly conformist population and abandoning its fan base. if you agree with me the protest the name change by not watching the day (and possibly the week) of the name and program change. july 7th. dont watch it.

you aint got to fix what aint broken.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:09 am
Yeah, go back to the old one. Sci-fi is a more recognisable name for me.  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

ranch_and_potatos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:20 am
SuperCrazyChocolate
Yeah, go back to the old one. Sci-fi is a more recognisable name for me.

yeah but they say that by being scifi that people are only recognizing it for aliens and space (stupid people who dont pay attention think) and not its other "hit" tv. series. even though the new series brought in record hits last year not the name.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:47 am
There doing WHAT!
It's official....SciFi has lost its mind and caved. I like the channel because I can get away from all the friggin reality tv shows out there. They show all the shows that feed my inner geek.
That will be a sad, sad week. Hopefully if their ratings start plummeting they will reconsider.  

Mitsune Kumi

Vampire

4,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ranch_and_potatos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:54 am
Mitsune Kumi
There doing WHAT!
It's official....SciFi has lost its mind and caved. I like the channel because I can get away from all the friggin reality tv shows out there. They show all the shows that feed my inner geek.
That will be a sad, sad week. Hopefully if their ratings start plummeting they will reconsider.

i know thats exactly why i watch it. thats what we(the protestors) are trying to accomplish. but a lot of us are starting to think that it will go down the toilet and a new network will open up that deals with real scifi. and it can be called scifi because scifi no longer owns its name.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:54 am
Thats pretty gross. Sci-Fi stands for Science Fiction. What does SyFy stand for?  

The Angry Therapist

ranch_and_potatos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:22 am
platsdevil
Thats pretty gross. Sci-Fi stands for Science Fiction. What does SyFy stand for?

it doesn't stand for anything. its like a retarded way to spell it. its how all of the athletic christian jocks in my class spell sci fi. it doesn't separate them, they are just conforming to the unwashed masses that want more mind numbing drivel to shove down their throats.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:20 am
Actually, I don't mind the name change so much. Maybe that'll mean they might try a bit harder to make better movies (let it be sci-fi, fantasy, or horror) for a larger fanbase.

But their sports line-up does really piss me off. I can understand the fantasy and horror stuff they show, but WWE? Seriously? They expect Star Trek/Stargate fans to be interested in wrestling?

(then again, I was a bit pissed off when I went to the channel so interestingly called "SciFi" only to find a demon spider lady eating a poorly-made corpse.)  

Dust Dancer

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:16 pm
Dust Dancer
They expect Star Trek/Stargate fans to be interested in wrestling?

Yeah I know! Wrestling isn't even real.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:06 pm
SuperCrazyChocolate
Dust Dancer

Neither is Star Trek......

And I may not be a fan of Wrestling, but WWE did give us "The Rock" and I think we should all be grateful.

Sci Fi Channel is changing their name to say something that they already said a long time ago... "Not just Sci Fi". We figured that out when you showed Braveheart. It's sort of like how Cartoon Network changed their name to "Mostly cartoons, but sometimes idiotic live action TV Shows to make up for the shows we aren't showing because we lost the copyright network."

Wait, that didn't happen, that's just a dream I had. It was a nightmare.  

Matt Pniewski

ranch_and_potatos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:58 am
Matt Pniewski
SuperCrazyChocolate
Dust Dancer

And I may not be a fan of Wrestling, but WWE did give us "The Rock" and I think we should all be grateful.

Sci Fi Channel is changing their name to say something that they already said a long time ago... "Not just Sci Fi". We figured that out when you showed Braveheart. It's sort of like how Cartoon Network changed their name to "Mostly cartoons, but sometimes idiotic live action TV Shows to make up for the shows we aren't showing because we lost the copyright network."

yeah but that was the old WWE. were people actually fought eachother. i vaguely remember that one. now its filled with people who bash eachothers faces in with a broken beer bottle and let the other person do it. then meet eachother in the wash room and laugh about it. ive seent the behind the scenes stuff. and i totally agree they already said they arent just space and aliens but they have convinced themselves that eeeeeeeeeeevry body thinks it. (which only stupid pops think really)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:19 am
ranch_and_potatos
Matt Pniewski
SuperCrazyChocolate
Dust Dancer

yeah but that was the old WWE. were people actually fought eachother. i vaguely remember that one. now its filled with people who bash eachothers faces in with a broken beer bottle and let the other person do it. then meet eachother in the wash room and laugh about it. ive seent the behind the scenes stuff. and i totally agree they already said they arent just space and aliens but they have convinced themselves that eeeeeeeeeeevry body thinks it. (which only stupid pops think really)

Yeah.... Also, I'd like to point out that I know pro Wreslter Stevie Richards through a friend... And I've met a few Jobbers in my life (people who take a fall fighting the bigger stars). Guess what they say:

Call it rigged, call it staged, NEVER call it fake. They've not enough broken bones, and injuries that won't heal.... They are PROFESSIONAL STUNTMEN. And they don't get the respect they deserve as Athletes.

I kinda think we should respect these people. hell, I don't even watch Wrestling.  

Matt Pniewski

Captain Treky

Dapper Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:52 am
SyFy just looks retarded. I like SciFi better because it obviously stands for science fiction. SyFy just won't fit!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:05 pm
This name change is a perfect example of progress for the sake of progress. The network simply wants people without brains to be attracted to the shows featured there. Hasn't anyone noticed how many shows that have nothing to do with science fiction have premiered on the SciFi channel in the last year alone?

It could just be me. Some people say I have an old soul, like I'm a throwback to a another era. I don't like unnecessary change. I'm not a big fan of what's next. I like what I'm used to.

I hope all the illiterates enjoy themselves watching "SyFy."  

Miral Paris

oh bo

Egg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:53 pm
Ughh, I don't like the name change.
Go back to SciFi.
I don't even watch wrestling . . .

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff