Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Gaia Towns

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:59 am
I'm sorry if someone had already thought of this and I haven't seen it but...

We should agree a particular spot in the gaia towns thing that we can treat as a regular haunt for GBGers.
I haven't worked out how to talk on there yet, but it is possible... it could be nice to have a place to go there, instead of wandering around aimlessly.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:47 am
One word on the subject of Gaia Towns; bleh. xp  

Nebelstern
Crew

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:12 pm
Indeed, I too was under that impression...
But having a stronger GBG presence there based in one area might make it more worthwhile, don't you think?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:22 pm
Ph_ish
Indeed, I too was under that impression...
But having a stronger GBG presence there based in one area might make it more worthwhile, don't you think?

Oh naturally, I quite agree. Resoundingly. In my heart I love the idea.

It is simply that I myself don't know how it would work because though I recall purchasing a house i know not how to furnish it or find it/place it.

I think I recall hearing something about a "Guild Towns" thing whereby each Guild could get a town. however though it would be easier to wait for that added function, it'd not have the added appeal of our being able to make a name for ourselves on the more international stage that is the main towns area.

GBG area? I support it but I can't mastermind it.

Ph_ish, you able to help out?

Invictus_88
Captain

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:25 pm
You don't have to have a house (although they're free and you wouldn't have to furnish it). The map is divided into squares. It might be possible just to arrange a square on the grid and a square within that square to meet up on.

For example...

- The first grid that come up when you click on 'navigate'. (001000-001099)
- The square which is fifth along from the left and forth from the top (numer 001034)
- The square in the top-left corner of the little 3X3 grid.

I'm there now, try and find it and we'll see if it works...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:38 pm
rofl

Ahem. As far as I remember, it's all quite simple (though I never did bother to locate my house and I haven't refurbished it because I didn't want to spend the gold.
I'll go find it now (and here's where my expertise ends... stressed ).

Ithaya

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:52 pm
xp Already got a house. With a different guild.
What we did was go in on the night they opened, to the Aekea housing commision and reserve two spots (I ended up having to get someone elses password so I could reserve it on their account). You get 6 houses per reservation. The reservation only lasted 24 hours though and lots of people in the guild couldn't get in due to all the problems going on at the time. Think we managed to get 8 people in before other people nicked the house spots once the reservation ended.

Couldn't find the explination but found some links that used to work anyway.
Anyone who needs help:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10674545

A more detailed thing is
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10443331  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:11 pm
I'm not interested in them.. Honestly, I've never seen a flash program that really did hold my interest. They all seem so dinky and stupid.  

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:24 pm
Timeless Visage
I'm not interested in them.. Honestly, I've never seen a flash program that really did hold my interest. They all seem so dinky and stupid.

xd You're just so positive.

But I can't say I'm particuarly enthrawled by them either. They don't really run on my state of the art not broken at all laptop though, at least you can't talk on them, so that could be part of the problem.
When I can get it to work (ie I'm on a different computer) picking up litter is oddly amusing.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:20 pm
Timeless Visage

I'm sort of in agreement with Sean on this one...
But I do agree that if anyone else wants to do it, it could prove beneficial to the Guild.

Nebelstern
Crew

Ithaya

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:47 pm
It's very...deformed. But it's not so bad when you're with a friend.

I won't be on Gaia frequently anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:01 pm
My other guild is a comics one so we organised neighbourhoods based on our screen names. Despite reservations, all the neighbourhoods still have some random people in them. stressed  

Laurel Gand

Gaian British Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff