Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
10 PM Remix Need help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

count
+1
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 6

10 PM Remix

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:50 pm

hello, i just finished some chibi
and here is the result
User Image

media :
pencil, black pen, tablet, adobe, patience heart

so,wat dya guyz think? need critique xd

i'm planning to open some art shop and need suggestion
1. am i have good enough (skill) to open some art's shop?
2. if yes, how much my art will be worth?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:09 pm

Ahhh, that's really cute!

As for critiques, I would say the shading isn't quite right. It seems that you switched the light source during the picture. The left ear is shaded more than the right, so it's all "hey! the sun is coming from the right"
but then the left arm says something totally different. There's more shading to the left side which makes it seem that the sun is from the left.
I would also add some shading more to the face to give the nose and lips and such more shape.
And, I would add some whites/blues/greys/purples/some really light color that floats your boat to the eyes instead of keeping it the skin tone

Also, the hands could be defined a bit more by making the palm larger and more connected to the arm (I don't know if that just made sense. ._.; ) I know it's chibi, but sometimes adding little stubby fingers are cuter than just blobs for hands (I think, at least).

I don't want to get to into details about the anatomy, since it is a chibi. >: But it is really nice. I really like how clean everything is. I'm quite jealous of your patience to work with the computer. xD

I hope I made sense and it helps. :>

YES. You should open a shop.
And as for pricing, I don't know, but I would say it's definitely around 5k+ if it's inked and colored. :>

Zedhryx

3,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250

10 PM Remix

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:00 am

o wow!
thank you very much for ur critique!!! xd
it's rly help biggrin
i think i should learn more about shading stuffs 3nodding
thank you very much!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:50 am

hey hey

well ummm... tbh chibi isn't really my area of expertise but i personally wouldn't call it chibi . in general i think chibis are 2-3(or was it 2-2 1/2?) heads and this is more like 3 1/2. its personal taste i guess?

only thing that stands out really is the arms are make a bit short. and the right arm is shorter then the left one

and lastly the in arm lengths the arm from elbow to finger tips are longer then that are from arm pit to elbow. i know it seems trivial but haha i dunno it just seems off to me. ^_^

Folken_Schezar
Crew

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces