Submit

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:29 pm
This is a random topic because I'm bored, we need more topics, and I'm currently reading one of his books. Anyone heard of him/read him and what do you think of him and his books? Right now I'm reading This Present Darkness and I gotta say ... I'm not impressed. sweatdrop I read The Oath a while back, and I think that one was much better, but eh, This Present Darkness has me wanting to strangle Peretti's editor. confused  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:54 pm
i've never read his books before, but i have seen the movie for his book Hangman's Curse (he's actually in the movie). it's pretty good, but not for anyone who is scared of spiders.  

Mona05

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:42 am
Haha, then it's not for me. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:42 pm
yeah. i don't even look towards the screen during the spider part because i'll get all freaked out. haha  

Mona05

ferret658

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:17 pm
i think the guy's a great author. I don't remember who I recommended his books to, but I did it rather enthusiastically. I've only read The Oath and Monster. Judging from those two books, I think they're more for luring in the unsaved than to entertain followers of Christ.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:05 pm
I did read The Oath, and I enjoyed that one. I read This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness and I think my not enjoying them has something to do with the fact that the books were written about twenty years ago. I'm reading Prophet now, and it's much better. I really like this one. But it also deals in two topics that I'm interested in to begin with: abortion and gay rights.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

ferret658

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:15 pm
Where do you find his books? I don't think I've ever seen them in Borders or Barnes and Noble (although I've enver been in B&N lol)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:23 am
Borders definitely has them- they should be over in the religious studies/religious fiction section (near the Bibles). That's where I get mine from. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

ferret658

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:56 am
Thank you thank you! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:13 pm
Sure thing. ^-^  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:57 am
You know, I have been meaning to check his books out!
At first, i didnt want to because i thought he stereotyped. Like the movie 'Hangman's Curse'? Yeah, that movie was full of judging based on silly things like clothing -.-

But then i saw his movie 'House' which was AWESOME. And inspired me to start reading his books. Now that I have seen this thread, I will take it as a sign to check them out for sure, bahaha whee  
Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games