A prose about how I felt when I was sick last year...

An overwhelming warmth takes over my viscera, spreading through my veins and capillaries, one by one, throughout my body. I sit, hunched over, dying of heat as beads of sweat form upon my forehead, though my skin is cold as ice. My stomach is afflicted by the nausea as the aroma of fresh food that was once appetizing invades my nostrils, queasiness stealing my judgment and my hunger. Dizziness clouds my vacant mind as my body grows fainter by the second, my body slipping in and out of consciousness. The heat spreads further throughout my body, scorching my flesh from the inside out, my skin remaining the same deathly frigidity. What is this peculiar sickness that is taking over my spirit? My body, though warming to an excess, has no trace of a temperature; the thermometer reads normal. As I glance at the mirror, my once flushed skin has become white as marble. Lethargy takes over my senses, fatigue plaguing my back, legs and feet. My ongoing insomnia resists sleep to take me as I lay in my suffering, in my confusion.