Here's a prose influenced by a few quotes:

“The love that lasts the longest is the love that is never returned.”
-William Somerset Maugham

“One of the hardest things in life is watching the person you love, love somebody else.”
-Unknown

“What a Wicked Game to play, to make me feel this way. What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you.”
-HIM

I open my eyes and gaze through the broken window pane to find the sun breaking through a crack in the clouds. Within this world of darkness, that is the first spark of light I have seen in so long. My increasingly contemplative mind has had little time to truly observe the world around me. I open my eyes with a new understanding, a new outlook on life. My mind continues to dwell upon the heartache that has taken over my soul and taken over my life. Every time I see her face, every time I hear her voice, my heart shatters into pieces a million times smaller than that of the eye of a needle. My throat goes numb and lumps from the pain and my resistance against the tears. I love her so much, but she loves another. I have not the heart to tell her how I feel, in worries that it may complicate her life and our friendship. I have never told anyone the feelings I have had for them in the past, for I could never consider doing something so selfish and self centered as making someone love me or feel sorrow for me when it is not their problem. I just continue to suffer in my pain, while wearing a smile upon my face, the masque of my true feeling and soul. I am grateful for the friendship and the bond we share, yet I keep hoping, dreaming of a day that my heartache and tears may come to an end.