Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Cat's disappointments and success stories~35lbs & counting!~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:48 am
Well, 35lbs later, I thought it'd be nice to have my own page where I can share some disappointments, but mostly my success.

History
Challenge
Present

Well, let's go back to me as a kid. I was one of THOSE kids. I could eat anything that I wanted, and never gained half a pound. French fries and candy every day, developed some of the worst eating habits as a result of course. In my defense, this metabolism of mine was partly earned, to the extremely active lifestyle I lived.
Swimming lessons (learning then teaching when I was older) Swim Team, Water Polo, Diving, Syncro. In the summer I was in the water from 7am to 5pm, on a regular day. (Obviously I got out to eat and stuff xp ) In the winter it was skiing and/or indoor swimming and diving.

Me second from the left

User Image

User Image
Yup, those were the good old days. Of course, eventually I got to high school... Lunch time and recess was spent sitting and talking rather than playing games more homework meant less time for activity. I started taking the bus instead of biking. Eventually I got a job and couldn't do swim team anymore. I thought my weight gain was normal at first. I mean I did hit puberty, and was getting taller and older.

User Image
User Image User Image

I started to realize I was much bigger than all the other girls my age and height. At that point though, I was totally addicted to poutine, fries, pizza, cheese. I actually had Happy Meals as an after school snack. The day came, when at 5'7 (which is what I remain to this day) I nearly hit 170. I don't even remember what my heaviest weight was. I decided enough was enough, this weight gain was not stopping. At this point, I had just graduated High School, I was working full time at an indoor pool. I started by biking to work every day. 45mins uphill to get there, 35 mins downhill return trip. I also either brought a lunch of decently healthy food (no pizza or candy) or biked over to Subway for lunch, or picked up a Salad at Burger King on my way to work. Then I found a coeworker to hit the gym which we got to use for free. So once or twice a week, we spent half our lunch break in the gym. I volunteered to work the early shift which requires pushing the divider half way across the pool. That summer I lost 25lbs.

User Image
User Image

Going back to school was hard, suddenly that daily exercise wasn't there and there was temptation all around me. It took a lot of effort, and there were a lot of slips and binging, but I maintained at 135lbs (give or take a couple pounds) all through college. Last year I graduated, and found a great summer job to keep me active, Bike Patrol! I even met my first love. Well in February, he dumped me. He told me his feelings changed and he just loved me as a friend, whatever that means. I was so devastated, I could not eat. I mean I tried, and I would throw up. I managed to keep down soup for the first week, and slowly got my appetite back. I lost 7lbs, But I decided I would use this to my advantage, and instead of binging on comfort food, I would pour all my emotions into exercise and discipline myself to eat healthier. I was determined more than ever to have not just a healthy weight but a rocking hot bod.

For the past couple months, I've been eating less meat, more veggies and nuts. I always opt for salad over fries with a meal. I even buy organic. I went on my elliptical almost every day. Some nights, I'd feel like just lying in bed and watching TV, but I'd force myself to get on anyway and within minutes would feel so good. Just burning off all my anger and sadness. Exercise became my outlet. (And I've had very unhealthy outlets in the past, and I don't mean food). I had a Subway on one side of my work, and an Amir on the other. So it was a veggies sub, or a veggie plate at Amir. I always ate till I was full, and I enjoyed the taste of those things, it wasn't like punishment or anything. After going so long being strict like that with myself, cutting down so much on fatty foods, meat, foods high in sodium. It's actually gotten to the point where now, when I have something really fatning or really salty, I taste it so much more, and I don't like it the way I use to. It's like there is so much fat and sugar and salt in our culture, that we have become immune to it! From my initial unhealthy weight loss after the breakup, I gained back maybe 5lbs. Then lost another 3 with my diet and exercise. Of course I've gained a lot of muscle too, so, the amount of weight I've lost is nothing compared to the actual amount of fat I've lost.

At this point in time, I just want to tone my body, and be as healthy as I can. I eat lots of whole grains, organic fruits and veggies, low fat dairy products and plenty of protein rich nuts. I bike everyday, or do some form of physical activity. I've had a lot of slips, and gone crazy on the poutine and beaver tails, pizza, tacos... And I've gained back weight that I've lost several times. All last month I kept loosing the same 3lbs. But I've got myself down to 128lbs right now. I also started out 4 years ago as a C cup and am now an A cup...I'm going to join the swim team again, so we'll see how that goes.

User Image

Will post more pics as soon as I have them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:54 pm
June 14th 2009. Today was a good day. Breakfast was an egg salad sandwhich on whole grain bread and a bowl of almond and oats cereal. I mowed the lawn in the morning. Then I biked all the way to the Health Tree. It took me an hour and a half, I stopped for a quick bite to eat as I hadn't had lunch. I had a chicken and grilled veggie with salsa wrap on whole wheat. I bought tons of organic snacks for work. Apples, nuts, fruit and granola bars... Then an hour bike ride back. Supper is going to be fish, and I'm hoping to get on my elliptical because there's moka nut ice cream bars in the freezer that have been staring at me all weekend begging me to eat them. So I'll treat myself if I can motivate myself for a short workout.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

delete_my_existence

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:42 am
I think you look better now than you do on the first photo smile
good job!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:20 am
June 15th. Last night I went on my elliptical for half an hour and earned that ice cream (which didn't turn out as good as I was anticipating so now I won't be so tempted to have any more. Anyways, by the end I was exhausted. I don't think biking was much of a workout, I think I was just tired from being in the sun all day. I had my ice cream, had a fast shower, and went straight to bed.

Shinu_Rei
I think you look better now than you do on the first photo smile
good job!

Well in the first photo I was like...10  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:34 pm
She probably means the picture from high school, yes, you have lost much weight and it is nice that you had the will power!  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games