Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Experimental Pictures (need some opinions, please)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

renevatio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:39 am

This is just a bit of an experiment because I got tired of drawing the same standard pose of the same type of person.

It seems like it's missing something though. Any suggestions?

I already know about the bases of the thumbs, they're all off, they should be lower then the pinkies bases.

Also, I'm currently blending different colors with the clouds and later I'll add some shading to them.

Anyway, the hands represent the wind and the flower represents the sun.

I like drawing hands, so this gave me an excuse to, haha.

Here it is:

User Image

And then a bit of mixed media:

User Image
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:13 pm

thats an awesome concept for a drawing.

well another thing for the hands is that the fingers don't all start level. they are situated in an arch. with the middle finger being the highest and in the middle of the hand. also with hand on the pinky side it doesn't angle out as much. it is more parallel with the index edge. (hope that made sense). the hand nearest to the flower(the semi closed one) the thumb should be alittle further back. unless its not in the relaxed position, then you should put some creases to show that its being pulled to the foreground.

the second drawing is really good too. i really like the way you shaded it and showed highlights. i also feel that its a very strong piece for its limited color palette only thing i see that is weird to me is the hand. they way shes holding out there just feels awkward and weird and i tried to put my hand in that position and it kinda hurt. lastly the base of the thumb should alittle protrude more

but i really like your stuff you seem to have a good understanding of light and a sense of design and detail

Folken_Schezar
Crew

Bubblegum_Paint

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:55 pm

These drawings are pretty awsome but on the second drawing I feel like her legs are moving away from her body and dont seem to match the direction the rest of the body is going at.
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games