Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What makes a fluff?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blame Hoffmann

Wealthy Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:08 am
Alright so this may seem like a dumb question. Or maybe I should read a few more topics. But I recently asked a friend of mine (whos been in a wiccan coven for 8 years) what being a fluffy bunny was all about. What it meant. He said it basically means the wiccans/pagans who don't see the dark side of the goddess everything is rainbows and kisses. As we know the goddess is the mother maiden and crone so we are all aware of the negative side. I don't really get it. If someone else just doesn't wish to talk about or really care to acknowledge those things is that really bad?

DISCUSS
WHAT MAKES A FLUFF? IM WONDERING?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:51 am
Willful ignorance.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:58 pm
What Charity said, but let me elaborate

Willfull ignorance is about knowing the facts, and not dealing with them. One of these might be knowing that not all pagans worship "The Goddess", but assuming that we all know these things anyways.

The classic example is people who insist people were burned at Salem for being Witches. This is a historical falsehood, but some pagans insist upon it anyways.

Being fluffy is not being an optimist, it's not being new or even just uninformed or any of those things. It's knowing or being shown proof or fact and then being ignorant of it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:21 pm
maenad nuri
What Charity said, but let me elaborate

Willfull ignorance is about knowing the facts, and not dealing with them. One of these might be knowing that not all pagans worship "The Goddess", but assuming that we all know these things anyways.

The classic example is people who insist people were burned at Salem for being Witches. This is a historical falsehood, but some pagans insist upon it anyways.

Being fluffy is not being an optimist, it's not being new or even just uninformed or any of those things. It's knowing or being shown proof or fact and then being ignorant of it.

In addition to the kind of willful ignorance that is shown to be historically flawed, there is also an overlap of Fluff that touches on "White Lighters", a term I have heard used to address the people who revise their religion in order to neuter it, and Mr. Darks- an element of self-delusion where you know that what you're spouting off isn't real, but instead a glorified fantasy.

It's one thing to be constructing thought forms. It's another to pretend they are anything else.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:03 pm
Viginti Tress
As we know the goddess is the mother maiden and crone

Mine isn't.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:30 pm
CuAnnan
Viginti Tress

Mine isn't.
Nor are any of mine.  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:28 pm
TeaDidikai
CuAnnan
Viginti Tress

Mine isn't.
Nor are any of mine.

I don't think I've seen a Greek deity that fit that description either. :/

As far as Slavic deities I'm familiar with, I can only think of one triune god and he's a he. I'd love to see a correction if there is one, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:02 am
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
CuAnnan
Viginti Tress

Mine isn't.
Nor are any of mine.

I don't think I've seen a Greek deity that fit that description either. :/

As far as Slavic deities I'm familiar with, I can only think of one triune god and he's a he. I'd love to see a correction if there is one, though.
I might have to link this to a Slavic Pagan group I am a part of if anyone tries it.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:14 pm
I can't think of any Irish gods that fit the MMC paradigm either.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:31 pm
CuAnnan

Strangely, when I see people using the MMC paradigm, they're usually claiming that it's Celtic. Do you have any idea where this idea comes from and/or why people apply it to Celtic goddesses?

TeaDidikai
I might have to link this to a Slavic Pagan group I am a part of if anyone tries it.

I'm intrigued. If it's an online group, do you mind sending me the link to it?  

Collowrath

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:46 pm
Collowrath
CuAnnan

Strangely, when I see people using the MMC paradigm, they're usually claiming that it's Celtic. Do you have any idea where this idea comes from and/or why people apply it to Celtic goddesses?

AFAIK it's from the sloppy work at attempting to reconsile all female deities as one entity via the work of Margaret Murray.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:35 pm
Collowrath
CuAnnan

TeaDidikai

You on LJ?  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:35 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
CuAnnan

TeaDidikai

You on LJ?

Sadly no, I never could keep up with a blog. :/ I'm very shy about expressing myself sometimes.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games