Reply Debating
Will Draco die? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

youxonlyxwish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:11 pm
I have an arguement going on in my head. Will Draco die in the 7th book? Voldemort told Draco to kill Dumbledore, or else Voldemort would kill Draco. So, Draco didn't kill Dumbledore, so is he going to be killed since he failed? BUT Dumbledore did die, just not by Draco's wand. AND Draco did manage to get the Death Eaters into Hogwarts. I don't know about you, but I'd be disappointed if he died.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:58 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Basil Musible

The Tom Riddle Fanthread

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:44 pm
I don't think Draco will be killed... at least not straight away. (I think he might be killed in the fabled 'final battle' )

I don't think Voldemort would kill Draco because he did succeed with half his goal. He got DEs into the school.

So, I think, Voldemort will kill Narcissa and torture Draco.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:30 am
I don't think Voldemort actually expected Draco to be able to kill Dumbledore. Simply because of Dumbledore's power and intelligence, and the unlikelihood of a teenage boy getting a killing shot. But he would be annoyed that Draco did get the opportunity, and couldn't go through with it.

Draco might die, but I'm pretty sure he wont die off the radar. As in we will see his death firsthand instead of hearing about it afterwards. Which means that Harry would have to see it, and be present. So yes, most likely it will be in the final battle.

But if he does die, whos side will he be on when he goes down?  

Aci Dixinic

Minari

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:46 am
On the story side of things, I think Draco is now in hiding, probably with the order, and that Lord Voldy's going to have a lot on his hands *coughHarrycough* without adding Draco to the mix. Also, I hope that Snape somehow convinced Voldemort that it was Draco who killed Dumbledore, thus leaving Draco safe biggrin

On JK's side... it just doesn't really make sense to kill Draco. It wouldn't affect anything. ...And the rabid fangirls (What, me? No... sweatdrop ) would burn her house down using the books for kindling if she did 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:29 pm
Minari
On the story side of things, I think Draco is now in hiding, probably with the order, and that Lord Voldy's going to have a lot on his hands *coughHarrycough* without adding Draco to the mix. Also, I hope that Snape somehow convinced Voldemort that it was Draco who killed Dumbledore, thus leaving Draco safe biggrin

On JK's side... it just doesn't really make sense to kill Draco. It wouldn't affect anything. ...And the rabid fangirls (What, me? No... sweatdrop ) would burn her house down using the books for kindling if she did 3nodding

yeah, I would get mad if she killed him off, because he wouldn't be in the 7th movie much, unless he was killed at the end...  

youxonlyxwish

SweetMelissa

Toothsome Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:59 pm
I think Draco will be protected by the Order, as Dumbledore offered at the end of HBP. However, i don't think that will come until after Lucius is killed.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:13 pm
Acidic Cynic

Draco might die, but I'm pretty sure he wont die off the radar. As in we will see his death firsthand instead of hearing about it afterwards. Which means that Harry would have to see it, and be present. So yes, most likely it will be in the final battle.
I see Draco as a parallel character to Regulus (and yes, I DO believe that all the first war characters parallel someone from Harry's timeframe). He came from proud pureblood family and was raised to believe strongly in that heritage. He joined the Death Eaters at a young age, but then backed out when things got too heated.

Even if Regulus turns out to have survived, everyone believes he was killed for trying to leave the Death Eaters. Voldemort seems to have sent people out with the intention of doing just that. Karkaroff defied orders and was murdered, again off-the-page. These deaths seem to foreshadow something big. I think Draco will die. I think his death will be witnessed by Harry (and all the readers). I think Voldemort will personally kill him (or maybe force Lucius to do so?), and that Voldemort will purposely stage the death in front of Harry.  

Joie D

Aci Dixinic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:30 am
Acidic Cynic
Voldemort, for sure.

An important question with regards to Draco is:
How will Voldemort react to Snape having to kill Dumbledore for him?

We know Voldemort isn't a very fair master, and he seems to enjoy inflicting pain, even on his own followers; so he might ignore Draco's success with the Vanishing Cabinet and punish him for failing to kill Dumbledore.
If Voldemort tries to kill Draco, or does kill him, that will lose him Narcissa, Lucius, perhaps Bellatrix, and probably the support of all the Death Eaters with children. They'll think like Mr and Mrs Black did in the end about purebloods; if him, why not them?
But is Voldie as blind to the concept of family loyalty as he is to love? Will he know the consequences of trying to do away with Draco Malfoy? Will that be a factor in his inevitable downfall?

The question becomes moot if Draco and Snape aren't going back to Voldemort.
If they are hiding out, then the question becomes:
Who's side are they really on? Are they on no one's side, just looking out for themselves? Are they on Harry's side, wanting Big V's downfall? Or are they loyal to V?

AND WHY AM i USING SO MANY QUESTION MARKS IN THIS POST????????????

This is a post I just did in the Character Discussion sub-forum.
When I was writing this, I developed a theory.
Draco's death, or attempted murder, could tear the Death Eaters apart.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:40 pm
Acidic Cynic

I started saying this in response to your post in the Character Discussion sub-forum I think I'll finish properly now that I've had some time to think.
I don't think the Death Eaters would be torn apart of Draco was murdered on Voldemort's orders or by Voldemort himself. Voldemort has done away with alot of people who haven't done exactly as he wanted like Karkaroff and Regulus for example. They both chickened out and so did Draco. Voldemort's followers don't seem keen to leave him even when he kills one of their own, there is no mention of them leaving after Regulus's murder. If they did leave I think he would kill them. If they left they could spread information about his plans to people he doesn't want it to reach so he would dispose of them like he did Karkaroff. I think that Narcissa and Lucius would want out if anything happened to Draco, but I doubt they would survive if they spoke up about it.  

Basil Musible

Aci Dixinic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:33 am
Basil_Hallward
Acidic Cynic

I started saying this in response to your post in the Character Discussion sub-forum I think I'll finish properly now that I've had some time to think.
I don't think the Death Eaters would be torn apart of Draco was murdered on Voldemort's orders or by Voldemort himself. Voldemort has done away with alot of people who haven't done exactly as he wanted like Karkaroff and Regulus for example. They both chickened out and so did Draco. Voldemort's followers don't seem keen to leave him even when he kills one of their own, there is no mention of them leaving after Regulus's murder. If they did leave I think he would kill them. If they left they could spread information about his plans to people he doesn't want it to reach so he would dispose of them like he did Karkaroff. I think that Narcissa and Lucius would want out if anything happened to Draco, but I doubt they would survive if they spoke up about it.
Ah...but I'm talking mass mutiny...if there were a ringleader stirring it up, say...Snape...then there might be a chance that they'd all rebel...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:40 pm
Acidic Cynic
Ah...but I'm talking mass mutiny...if there were a ringleader stirring it up, say...Snape...then there might be a chance that they'd all rebel...

Mass mutiny, that is very different. It is possible since several Death Eaters know occlumancy (well at least Draco, Bellatrix and Snape) so they might be able to get away with it right under Voldemort's nose. But one of them would have to be brave enough to openly state his or her dislike of Voldemort for it to happen. I'm not sure many of them would willingly state that anywhere near a fellow Death Eater because they might get tattled on. I could see Snape doing that but as we saw with Bellatrix not all of the Death Eaters really trust him all that much (okay well Bella seemed a bit jealous but she can't be the only one who wants to know why Voldemort let Snape rejoin and doesn't trust him because they don't know). It is possible though.  

Basil Musible

Aci Dixinic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:45 pm
Basil_Hallward
Acidic Cynic

Mass mutiny, that is very different. It is possible since several Death Eaters know occlumancy (well at least Draco, Bellatrix and Snape) so they might be able to get away with it right under Voldemort's nose. But one of them would have to be brave enough to openly state his or her dislike of Voldemort for it to happen. I'm not sure many of them would willingly state that anywhere near a fellow Death Eater because they might get tattled on. I could see Snape doing that but as we saw with Bellatrix not all of the Death Eaters really trust him all that much (okay well Bella seemed a bit jealous but she can't be the only one who wants to know why Voldemort let Snape rejoin and doesn't trust him because they don't know). It is possible though.
Okay, they might not trust him, but if they were desperate and he talked honey enough he might just convince them.
Or it might not be Snape. It mght be Greylock, (getting pissed with V and leading a werewolf uprising, with Remus's encouragement) or Narcissa (getting pissed with Lucius's imprisonment and V's non-existent attempts to free him) or even Pettigrew (wanting to be the next Dark Lord).
In fact, Draco doesn't necessarily have to die at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:01 pm
I'm completely fascinated by the idea of a DE mutiny now. I do want to contend that it could and will never happen, but unfortunately I won't be able to back that up with anything other than my gut until I get back home from Thanksgiving.  

i_heart_ron

Basil Musible

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:43 am
Acidic Cynic
Basil_Hallward
Acidic Cynic

Okay, they might not trust him, but if they were desperate and he talked honey enough he might just convince them.
Or it might not be Snape. It mght be Greylock, (getting pissed with V and leading a werewolf uprising, with Remus's encouragement) or Narcissa (getting pissed with Lucius's imprisonment and V's non-existent attempts to free him) or even Pettigrew (wanting to be the next Dark Lord).
In fact, Draco doesn't necessarily have to die at all.

(the emphasis is mine)
Plausable, seeing as Greyback's goal is to have werewolves reign supreme I doubt he plans to be Voldemort's lapdog forever. I think he is planning to revolt but I think he would wait untill there are so few wizards left that taking them over would be a cake-walk.

*awaits i_heart_ron's backup* You've always say something that makes me think  
Debating

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces