Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Home Protection

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

midara the happy banshee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:54 pm
Due to a recent and rather odd string of events (random people coming up to the door with thin excuses, lots of hang-up phone calls), I've become rather worried that our house may be pegged for a break-in. And even though my loud-as-hell dogs may be a deterrent, I'd feel better if there was something I could do as well. Does anyone know of a really good home protection ritual? I've just begun doing regular ritual work, so in that respect I'm sort of a n00b. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:39 pm
midara the happy banshee
Due to a recent and rather odd string of events (random people coming up to the door with thin excuses, lots of hang-up phone calls), I've become rather worried that our house may be pegged for a break-in. And even though my loud-as-hell dogs may be a deterrent, I'd feel better if there was something I could do as well. Does anyone know of a really good home protection ritual? I've just begun doing regular ritual work, so in that respect I'm sort of a n00b. Thanks.

I've got a rather wonderful little spell I find helpful.

Step one: Make a circle of pretection around all of your doors.
Step two: Pray to your matron or patron god(s).
Step three: Buy a very large shotgun.
Step FOUR: Any ******** get close, blow them away with your holy weapon of big hurting.

TO be honest, I think you'd have more luck with protection spells if the intruders were spiritual in nature, rather than hooligans.  

Leith

midara the happy banshee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Leith
midara the happy banshee

I've got a rather wonderful little spell I find helpful.

Step one: Make a circle of pretection around all of your doors.
Step two: Pray to your matron or patron god(s).
Step three: Buy a very large shotgun.
Step FOUR: Any ******** get close, blow them away with your holy weapon of big hurting.

TO be honest, I think you'd have more luck with protection spells if the intruders were spiritual in nature, rather than hooligans.

Those were pretty much my thoughts as well. wink I just figured it was worth a shot. I've already talked to the police and just thought it would be nice to have some protection of the spiritual sort. I'll probably talk to Artemis and Athene tonight anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:23 pm
Also worth pointing out ... the phone calls may just be telemarketers. confused They have machines that do the calling, and they dial several numbers at once. The first person that picks up gets transfered to the human at the machine, and the rest are left hanging.

I hate telemarketers. xp  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:02 am
I read somewhere that cactus and other spikey plants can be easily empowered to keep your house safe(r). I've got one in my window that's like that. Other spikey things are naturally offensive and can be turned against those who would intrude on your home; if you've got a hawthorn bush/tree nearby, that'd be great, or evergreens, especially spruce.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:40 pm
I like to keep an wDAt ("Eye of Horus" amulet) hanging above doors, and deity statues posted "on the lookout" around important openings. Most religions have protective signs and deities, so you probably won't have much trouble picking out something appropriate to your spiritual relationships.

You could also blend up a protective oil and annoint all doorways, windows, mirrors, and any other conceivable opening with it- but that can get sticky. I usually stick with the amulet.

And what Jishin says about telemarketers is true- we get a lot of blank phone calls at my place, as well. I let my answering machine screen all incoming calls, so we end up with a lot of static messages. My room-mate and I like to joke about getting calls from Mothman.^_^  

WebenBanu

midara the happy banshee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:08 pm
EladrinStarmist
I read somewhere that cactus and other spikey plants can be easily empowered to keep your house safe(r). I've got one in my window that's like that. Other spikey things are naturally offensive and can be turned against those who would intrude on your home; if you've got a hawthorn bush/tree nearby, that'd be great, or evergreens, especially spruce.

Thanks, that's a great idea! I actually have two large spruces in my front yard. I'll definitely look into that.

Weben and Jishin: Yeah, I'm aware of the whole telemarketer thing. It was just odd that a large influx in hang-ups also corresponded with the random and mostly unexplained visitors and a trend of robberies in the surrounding neighborhoods. It's enough to make me nervous, is all. I really appreciate the input, though. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:03 am
...get a gun  

[Margery Stewart Baxter]

Lila Malvae

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:57 pm
Those spruce trees are great. I've read of a few practices to keep the home safe.
You can try putting a few of the spruce needles in a bundle and placing them above or on the door. Maybe the doorframe could provide a little ledge for the bundle if you give it a little sticky incentive to hold it in place.
When I was very new to Paganism, I started placing wards in my yard and in my home. You can also try what I did. I designated the four corners of my yard and visualized the corners being represented by pillars of black and white, with black being set across from black and white from white. I circled the perimeter of the yard and sprinkled a tiny bit of salt to form the foundations of the ward (be careful not to oversalt the plants like I did... I accidentally spilled a pile of salt and the grass didn't grow there for a while). Heh. Anyway, after I was finished with that, I reaffirmed the boundary with white sage.
I did the same thing in my house by placing salt at the inside and outside of my doors and windows. This included even the interior doors. I then took the sage and implemented the wards on the doors, windows, and walls.
Be certain to purify the home and yard before the ritual and do an upkeep every month or two. I unintentionally made this permanent ward when I did it, but it worked because every time I did a ritual, I reassured the energy there and that residual energy builds up to form a very solid ward.
Years later, when my home was moved to another park (I lived in a mobile home, a good one, not a trashy one), I discovered that the wards I placed were still in effect. When I worded the ritual, I worded it against those of evil energy; ill-intent of me, my mother, and my home; and those who would commit harm in my home.
One day, when I had a couple of friends over, they complained of feeling ill and had to step outside for cigarettes. X and Y friends did just that. I found out later that at the time, Y friend happened to dislike me, and X friend had residual energy carried with him for his former dealings with creatures of malice. While X friend had not delt with those things in years, that negative energy was still carried with him.
While not very effective against hooligans, it is kind of an interesting effect.
A more mundane ritual could be placing a no-trespassing sign on your lawn. Shotguns do seem to work. mrgreen
I hope your problem is resolved. Have you tried installing a motion-sensor light? You could also just scare the bejesus out of them by letting them know you're Pagan and you have little patience for those who waste your time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:25 am
I had some problems.. so me and my friend consulted a Quiji board.. yes.. ik..... and then we made a prtection herb.. and rub it by your front and back door.... it really helps... but be careful.. its also mengling with the spirits.. DO NOT UPSET THEM!  

Kingof holycheese

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:44 am
Kingof holycheese
I had some problems.. so me and my friend consulted a Quiji board.. yes.. ik..... and then we made a prtection herb.. and rub it by your front and back door.... it really helps... but be careful.. its also mengling with the spirits.. DO NOT UPSET THEM!

o.O
what herb?

In general, if guns are legal in your state, be aware that you're more likely to shoot a family member than an invader.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:27 am
reagun ban
Kingof holycheese

o.O
what herb?

In general, if guns are legal in your state, be aware that you're more likely to shoot a family member than an invader.

i want to know how you _make_ an herb....

Personally I don't feel that everything needs to be done by magic, a protection ritual would be great and there's tons of them look in any magic 101 type book and there they are. When we were worried about the same thing we got these little alarms that you stick on your doors and windows and if they are opened they set off a very, very loud alarm that will wake the freaking dead! You can change the settings so if you're awake and don't want the alarm going off when people enter and leave the house you can just set it to do nothing at all or ding like at some stores. They are really cheap and easy to install. Of course they only work if you are home. Also leaving a few lights on, especially outside lights helps. Makes people think you're home and if your yard is well lit it's harder to sneak through without being seen. If you are on good terms with your neighbors you might talk to them and see if they are experiencing the same things. You could make arrangements with them to look after their house while their gone and have them look after yours when you're gone.

Good Luck!  

Lotus Poem

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:15 pm
One of those phones with the 911 quick button would be handy.

Cunningham has a good one involving an athame and a cualdron. Planting prickly bushes outside of your window helps magically as well as makes it difficult for the perps to get in.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games