100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

The Angry Therapist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:46 am
I noticed that lately I 've been watching DS9, now I'm way into discussing quantum phisycs. Because of the timelines and the ways that they twist them on all of the shows, it just intrigues me.

How about you. Do you belive in Quantum phiysics and separate timelines other than this one?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:57 pm
According to the Multiverse Theory of Quantum Physics, an infinite number of universes exist parallel to our own, each one with an infinite number of possibilities. I take this to mean that somewhere out there, all off of my favorite shows, movies, books, and video games are, in fact, real.

-EDIT- So THERE!  

MasterfulChaos

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

The Angry Therapist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:15 pm
Yes, thats true. But if you get deeper into it, more than thousands of others exist. Every choice you make has a hundred different outcomes. Therefore, there could be a different univers for each choice because it splits each time you make that choice.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:32 am
platsdevil
Yes, thats true. But if you get deeper into it, more than thousands of others exist. Every choice you make has a hundred different outcomes. Therefore, there could be a different univers for each choice because it splits each time you make that choice.

I haven't seen much of DS9 nor do I know much about quantum physics.

But I do know that our universe can't possibly be the only one out there. Every time you decide something, whether it's as important like, for example, choosing what college to go to or if it's a small decision, like whether or not to move your arm to the left or right first when you wave, there has to be another world where all the other "not used" possibilities are.

There's that theory with the cat in the box too.  

Dust Dancer

ranch_and_potatos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:32 pm
i completely agree and believe in it. but until our very good theories can be tested they are just theories of poor stupid apes. i cant wait until we are more advanced. oh wait with humanity going the direction of the idiots i doubt ill be around for a star trek utopia.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games