Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply Other Music Discussion
Ian Crawford quitting the Cab D:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ian is bomb
  Yes
  No
  Don't gooo!
  We hope you the best
View Results

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:41 pm
Ian's myspace

As many of you have already heard, I recently made the decision to
part ways with the rest of the members of the Cab. With the band currently working on new music and finishing up touring the first album, I felt now was the right time for me to go a new direction, with my heart not being where I was and where the band was going. Regarding Alex's Deleon's announcement today....it is not necessarily that I don't want to make radio-friendly music, this band just wasn't for me. I am happy this now gives the other guys and myself the freedom to do what we all wish to achieve and all be happy.

To everyone who has supported the Cab and myself, thank you for all of your love and everything you have done for us. I look forward to playing for you again before you know it. See you soon.

Ian Crawford

Myspace

Cash's Blog

so this is my second time writing this cause my laptop died, so this time i’m typing short and sweet, but here we go again.

as everyone may know by now ian crawford is no longer the guitarist for the cab.

the directions we as a band werent what his intentions were to move forward musically. hes a great guy who taught me alot about music and helped me push myself at times even when i was like… ‘ok dude whatever kiss my a** im not doing that.’ but, you cat put up a red light at a car heading a different direction… so we didn’t. we wish him the best of luck with his future in music.

but with that said, its the same ol’ cab. dont be upset, be anxious.

we have a lot in store and with this new ep and the headliner hopefully we can show you musically what we feel are on our way to becoming, ourselves.

thank you for reading.

with love, cash money.

Cash - BLOG

Singer's Blog

I have been staring at my ceiling for hours now trying to figure out a way to do this..and to be honest… I still don’t really know how to. The only way I know how to do this is to just be honest and extremely straight forward. After all, you guys are my family just as much as anyone. Our dear friend and brother Ian Crawford, is no longer going to be pursuing this dream with us. He has made the decision to leave the band, but before you guys get mad or anything.. I need you to listen. Ian is one amazing dude. He is a class act, and obviously one of the most talented musicians down. I am proud to have gotten to stand next to him on a stage for as long as I did, and I wish him nothing but the best. This was not easy for us, or for Ian, but it needed to happen. I don’t have to say much about him, you know how Ian is. He is a free spirit, and was born in the wrong era. Ian should be playing next to Jimmy Page or John Lennon. His heart was simply not in this genre of music. He didn’t want to play pop or music suitable for the radio. I was heartbroken when I heard the news, but how can you be mad at someone for following their heart? How can you be mad at someone for following their own dream? We’re young, we’re still growing and figuring out who and what we want to be…Ian is no different. We wish him the best and always will.

Part of it!
Singer - BLOG

Noo! Ian was my favorite band member! Even if I can't make an icon of him like I can with Marshall. Bahhh.
Well that just ruined my day to be honest with you.

Discuss
- What do you think?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:17 am
I read that too sad It's a bummerrrr.
But I do think it's better for him to go off and do his own thing, than to stick with the band if he wasn't quite happy with it. He deserves to be able to follow his heart, and it would suck if he ended up resenting the rest of the band later on. So. If it's good for them, I guess it's good for the fans?

Polyphonic Twilight

sandflea

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
_________Cause nobody wants to be the lst one there
_________And everyone wants to feel like someone cares
_________Someone to love with my life in their hands
_________There's gotta be somebody for me like that

User Image

He is a great musician.
I support his decision to leave.
If he doesn't want to be there, he doesn't have to be. He should follow his heart and do what he wants to do, even if it means hurting his friends.
The Cab is still gonna be The Cab, it just won't have Ian.
I wish him the best.

By the way, the lead singer's name is Alex DeLeon. I just noticed you put it as "Ian, Cash, lead singer" haha.
=]

User Image

Cause nobody wants to do it on their own _________
And everyone wants to know they're not alone _________
Somebody else that feels the same somewhere _________
There's gotta be somebody for me out there
_________
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:29 pm

I know I put Singer.
I put it there for a reason. xD
Since there are three Alex's in the band they each got their nickname that most of their fan base know about.

Alex Marshall is Marshall

Alex Johnson is Johnson

&

Alex Deleon is Singer (Because he's the singer of the band...)
Trust me, it wasn't a mistake...
>_____>
:]

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Scion Destroyer

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:14 am
Well isn't he in Panic! now? So isn't it a good thing he left?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:30 am
Cash left too gonk  

Polyphonic Twilight

Fragile Panic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:14 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
Cash left too gonk

I know i saw that the other day i was like gonk
All the Cab members are leaving.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:36 pm
_________Cause nobody wants to be the lst one there
_________And everyone wants to feel like someone cares
_________Someone to love with my life in their hands
_________There's gotta be somebody for me like that

User Image

Well.
There's Alex, Alex, Alex...
And Bryan.
Maybe it's like, a rule that your name has to be Alex...
But, Bryan ruins it.

User Image

Cause nobody wants to do it on their own _________
And everyone wants to know they're not alone _________
Somebody else that feels the same somewhere _________
There's gotta be somebody for me out there
_________

sandflea

miss-mechanical

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:50 am
whaaaat?!

the cab was beginning to be my favourite band (2nd favourite ;D). sad  
Other Music Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items