Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Do you have a story to share?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thats Not Funny GUYZ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:32 am
Growing up, when I was in 3rd grade, I was a quiet and shy girl and didn't understand most english. I just moved to that school too, so I was new.
Anyway, I was an outcast mainly because a girl started making rumors about my family eating dogs. (I didn't even know her.) All the kids didn't want me to eat their dogs, apparently, so no one talked to me. emo It didn't help that there were only 3 asians in my grade and they didn't want to have anything to do with me. rolleyes
I didn't tell my teachers or my parents or my sisters. I tried to endure. For the rest of the school year, I just focused on my schoolwork and didn't socialize. My classmates thought I was better than them, because I didn't talk to anyone, which gave them the more reason to hate me.
Not to sound emo, but 3rd grade was the worst year of my life. gonk

(From 2nd to the 5th grade, I was required to go to a speech class during my elective classes.)
I speak pretty good english now and I have many friends and acquaintances. (Some of which were the ones that ignored me back in the 3rd grade. I remember, but they do not.)
I graduated with Advanced Honors with Honors in 2009 and am now heading to college in the fall to pursue in radiology.

What's your story?
(about you, btw, not about anyone else. D: )  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:05 pm
Ugh, I hate people who do that. Like they know anything at all, lazy good-for-nothing haters! scream

Well anyway, I had to write an essay yesterday in my Filipino 3 class, which required a lot of reminiscing on my past three years in high school. I recalled all the projects and assignments in that same class with the same teacher, who is now retiring at the end of the school year, and also my reasoning for wanting to be in that class.

What I said about it was that I wanted to enroll in the class because I wanted to learn about the other half of the heritage I've never known. Being half Chinese and half Filipino, I wanted to know something new because it had always been intangible for me since I was never that close with my dad's side of the family. I also wanted to learn Tagalog because it was the only Asian-y language offered at my school.

Upon entering my freshman year in high school, I was disappointed to see on my schedule that I had been placed in Spanish 1 again, so I immediately requested a class change, along with one for my math class 'cuz they put me in Algebra 1 again. The next week, I was transferred into Filipino 1, where I learned the basics of the language and a little of the cultural traditions, along with some songs. It was a lot like kindergarten, so we got to be silly little kids in there. one of my classmates also randomly started up a "show", which held onto a bit of a tradition up until these days, just last week being his 30th and final episode.

The next year, we went more into depth with it and started reading short stories like Ang Ibong Adarna and Si Andoy, ang Tamad ni Sandok, as well as have plays about them. We also had more of "The Kenny Show", many of which I have been recording. I remember our mid-term project being food presentations, where we got to eat breakfast every day for about 2 weeks. After that, our final for the school year was a timeline of our lives, a project called Ang Sarili Ko Kasaysayan. I had some trouble with it because I let go of too much of my past.

This year, we went way into depth of culture and traditions. We also read biographies about famous Filipinos in history and in America and did reports on them. After that, we read novels by Carlos Bulosan and Dr. Jose Rizal. And then we wrote the essay. Mine made my teacher cry right after she finished reading it out loud, and I turned around and looked at my friend and said "I WIN!!" xD  

The Badongest One

Thirteenth Teenager

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces