Welcome to Gaia! ::

Underground Webcomic Organization (U.W.O.)

Back to Guilds

Tired of the same old Manga stories and want to write your own ORIGINAL MANGA/COMICS, then this is the place for you! 

Tags: Arts, manga, comic, drawing, writing 

Reply The Creator's Critique Area (feedback)
Avul : Dark Ascension OCT

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Avul

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:30 am
Hey guys, I'm a little new around here, so I don't really know how things work, but I was hoping I could use you all as a first-view critique audience. I plan on posting pictures and comics from an upcoming Original Character Tournament that I'll be participating in.

This is my character, Fallen Avul , although this is just a rough sketch of the finished product, which I'll also be posting.

I'm hoping I'll get some criticism on my comics before turning them in to be judged. So, think you can help me?  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:10 pm
Well, the body anatomy seems fine. ( the head seems a little large for the body, but I can't tell if that's just your style) It be nice if he had clothing or something? I can't think of much more critique.  

RiceAndPotatoes

Avul

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:50 pm
I'm sorry. Maybe I should explain. Fallen Avul is literally a solid shadow, completely black skinned with glowing white eyes. If I gave him cloths, well, that would just look a little silly if you asked me. He also can transform his body in anyway he pleases. Cloths would just be a hassle.

I'll post the finished version of the Avul Character Reference Sheet later.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:32 pm
Alright, here it is. Fallen Avul Reference Sheet , just like I promised.

Tell me what you think about him.  

Avul

RiceAndPotatoes

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:16 pm
He reminds me a lot of one of my own creations ( In one of my comics, the main monsters are called shadow creatures and the strongest closely looks like you guy.)

Very interesting concept. Like the detailed description.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:44 am
Here's a link to my DeviantArt page, were you can find all my drawings as well as my OCT stuff. DeviantArt Avul  

Avul

aisazia
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:02 pm
Looks interesting to me Avul. The character seems fun. Just curious, what exactly is Avul's mission in the comic? Going around causing havoc? That's what I got from the Char. Sheet.

Also there are a few spelling errors on there that you might want to check out. lol Otherwise, I'd love to read your comic when you get it started. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:02 pm
What?! Spelling Error?!! Stupid Spell Check Sucks!!!

Ahem...

Uh, I'm not actually sure what his EXACT mission is, I have several different plot lines going through my head. I won't really know what I'm doing until after a couple battles, by then the plot should start to fall in.
I DO know though, that he can't win, that's for sure, but he won't lose either. As I post the comics I'm hoping you guys could help me decide which direction it might go.  

Avul

aisazia
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:01 pm
lol Sounds great! I'm looking forward to it Avul! xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:51 am
Fallen Avul Intro Comic: Prologue (Non narrative version. Narration to be done later...)
Fallen Avul Intro Comic: Page One

I really wish I had a drawing template. It would make all of this soooooo much easier.  

Avul

aisazia
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:41 am
Ohh LOL I love Avul's personality. XD I like the flow of the story and what you have so far but I would like to see a variety of shots. Ty to challenge yourself with different angles and such to give it more depth instead of just straight on shots. I have trouble with this stuff too. lol

I like the different expressions you have with the characters as well. ^_^ I'm not sure if you did it on purpose but more background would help immensely in establishing where they are. ^_^

Keep up the nice work! Can't wait to see more. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:53 pm
Thanks for the critiques. Very much appreciated.

Although it's never much of a smart idea to change formats in the middle of making a comic, this is exactly what I'm gonna have to do. The ink pen I was using was too think, and therefore I constantly worried about messing up. Instead I'm gonna have to use a ball point and add shading as I draw instead of waiting later to try and do it digitally.  

Avul

aisazia
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:43 pm
Avul
Thanks for the critiques. Very much appreciated.

Although it's never much of a smart idea to change formats in the middle of making a comic, this is exactly what I'm gonna have to do. The ink pen I was using was too think, and therefore I constantly worried about messing up. Instead I'm gonna have to use a ball point and add shading as I draw instead of waiting later to try and do it digitally.

Sure, no problem, anytime! I hope it helps!

lol Probably not, I do it too though. lol Ah I see, well you can use a thinner ink pen? lol I know what you mean though. Keep experimenting though! ^_^  
The Creator's Critique Area (feedback)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games