Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Guilty pleasure ships. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Get what I'm sayin'?
  I totally do, gurl.
  ... what?
View Results

Tomqueen

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:57 am
I'm a little nervous making a whole new thread about this, but I don't THINK this is a repeat topic ... it feels like I've seen one of these before but maybe it was in the old guild from '04? I checked here, but if I'm wrong, feel free to delete/lock/move this~

You know those pairings where you think "I can't believe I like these two together ... but IT'S SO PERFECT"

or "I feel so terrible for shipping this ... but I WANT MOAR"

Yeah. We all have them. Well, not all of us, but a good many, I assume. Not only in m/m slash, but pairings of any kind. Whether it feels strictly taboo, or you feel bad for ruining someone's fandom, or for any other reason ... here is the place to come clean about your "I know it's ... but" pairings.

OK here's mine. LOLWHOA THIS IS REALLY LONG. Skip if you want.

Mine in particular is Ros and Guil from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, my second-favorite piece of literature on Earth.
Tom Stoppard has written a masterpiece with this play. Ros and Guil by themselves have maybe 90% of the dialogue throughout all three acts, yet we're still left with very sparing details about their actual history and relationship. (Unless you've read Hamlet, I suppose, which I haven't done yet so IDK.) And sure, they're slowly driving themselves mad, in fear of their impending deaths. And they don't always see eye-to-eye -- actually, they rarely do. But sometimes their interactions seem so heartfelt and tender that you can't help but feel like all they need is eachother, y'know? Not to mention that a couple exchanges of dialogue can be taken multiple ways.

ANYWAY I feel bad shipping it, because it's such a fine piece of literature and I'd hate to drag it down to the depths of Internet slash fandom. I don't want to seem the type to read anything between two guys and think "YEP TTLY 2GETHER" because that's just not classy (I used to ship Kyle/Louie from Hotel Dusk for whatever reason until I realized there was NOTHING in canon to support it except for a rather suggestive conversation about bowling, which I screencapped). But the odd thing is that I have no regrets shipping Romeo/Mercutio from Romeo and Juliet which is ... sorta from the same universe. It's still Shakespeare at least. I guess it's because Shakespeare has been dead for centuries and probably wouldn't care. I'm not so sure about Mr. Stoppard ...

I do feel the slightest bit better after seeing that I am not alone, as these two seem to have a pretty solid fanbase on deviantArt and ff.net. :'D But I still feel kinda guilty.

... oh yeah, and Glitch/Cain from Tin Man but I'll spare the details.

OK I'm done rambling. Your turn, guild.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:14 pm
Well, I don't know. I mean, I'm kinda like this: if it's there, it can happen. So if there are two characters, then they can be paired together somehow, in or out of character. So it's hard for me to be like that about characters. It's either hot or not to me confused But, "me" is key word there. It may just be me.  

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100

Tomqueen

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:38 pm
Ohhh, I see~

I never thought about it that way. I guess I'm more into the romantic, personal side of shipping -- love stories are my thing, and the "hotness" aspect of it is just a bonus. I go a bad kind of insane over things that don't fit with canon, so unlikely ships don't appeal to me, attractive or not. I guess I'm just a stickler or something :B

But hey, it's fiction, so anything can happen right?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:54 pm
I was in that play at the local theatre, I played Ros.  

Shard Of Ronin

7,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

User_2629207

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:49 pm
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."
Edward Elric/Alphonse Elric
D:
T-they're brothers for gods' sake!
(though I seem to have no problem with pairing Sam and Dean together...)

But they make such a cute pair O 3 O

- Oscar Wilde.User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:47 pm
Normally, I just can't deal with Harry Potter slash. I grew up on Harry Potter, I saw Harry and co. as completely asexual when I was a child, and it was really WEIRD reading the seventh book two years ago, hitting the epilogue, and realizing that they grow up, get married, and have kids.

The exception? The Sectumsempra scene from Half-Blood Prince. Where Harry uses the spell from the potions book to make Draco go all bleedy-bleedy all over the place. For some reason, that scene gets really steamy in my head, and I'm like, "ARGH, WHY IS THIS SO HOT?" xp
I don't ship Harry and Draco together, by the way. I just see that one scene as potentially very, very sexual.

EvFaerAshlynn

Tomqueen

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:01 pm
@Shard of Ronin: Ahh, really?! [wow I must seem like such an idiot for rambling on about them; I apologize]
I'd kill just to see it performed live! Being a teenage girl, there's little hope that I'd be able to act in a production of it at the momet, haha.
I bet Ros was loads of fun to play; how'd it go?

@SaffronSugar: I never watched FMA but I've heard a lot about those two c: on a side note, I wholeheartedly approve of your Oscar Wilde quote in your fontstyle.

@EvFaerAshlynn: haha~ Yeah it's weird reading the epilogue; they were teenagers just like us for the longest time and suddenly BAM! they're adults with spouses and kids. Left us behind.
I never picked up on the potential steaminess in that scene when reading it, but I wasn't paying much attention, most likely ... wonder how it'll be in the movie? : D

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:23 am
Gin x Hitsugaya (Bleach)
Ed x anime Wrath (Full Metal Alchemist)  

protecterofelements

Fido-s Revenge

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:34 pm
S a f f r o n S u g a r
D:

- Oscar Wilde.User Image

S-same here.
(Especially Wincest. With, y'know, the occasional side of Castiel/Dean [I can't be the only one! o_o])
Along with...
Harry Potter:
(not BL but) Hermione/Ginny
Harry/Ron
Fred/George
Kingdom Hearts:
Vexen/Demyx (water melts ice faster than fire~ but nothing beyond PG with these two!)
Roxas/Sora
Axel/Marluxia
Hetalia:
Francis/Matthew (t-the fourteen Frances thing, h-holy...)
Matthew/Alfred (in that specific order, damn it! -insert geography excuse here-)
Gilbert/Ludwig
Lovino/Feliciano (damn ahoges... xD)
Gilbert/Roderich
Ivan/ANYBODY (^-^u)

And because I might as well, seeing as I'm here...
Romeo/Mercutio
Hamlet/Horatio
Lysander/Demetrius

-goes to crawl back into her hole-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:58 am
Fido-s Revenge
S a f f r o n S u g a r
D:

- Oscar Wilde.User Image

S-same here.
(Especially Wincest. With, y'know, the occasional side of Castiel/Dean [I can't be the only one! o_o])
Along with...
Harry Potter:
(not BL but) Hermione/Ginny
Harry/Ron
Fred/George
Kingdom Hearts:
Vexen/Demyx (water melts ice faster than fire~ but nothing beyond PG with these two!)
Roxas/Sora
Axel/Marluxia
Hetalia:
Francis/Matthew (t-the fourteen Frances thing, h-holy...)
Matthew/Alfred (in that specific order, damn it! -insert geography excuse here-)
Gilbert/Ludwig
Lovino/Feliciano (damn ahoges... xD)
Gilbert/Roderich
Ivan/ANYBODY (^-^u)

And because I might as well, seeing as I'm here...
Romeo/Mercutio
Hamlet/Horatio
Lysander/Demetrius

-goes to crawl back into her hole-

yeah i can see the twin thing for Harry Potter as well  

protecterofelements

User_2629207

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:20 pm
Fido-s Revenge

S-same here.

8D yesyesyes. Those two are practically canon! I keep getting mad at Dean when Castiel does the puzzled puppy-eye thing like "I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU HUMANS I'M SO CONFUSED" and he looks like he needs a hug but DEAN WON'T HUG HIM.

heart
*raises one eyebrow*
Are you new here?
I like you biggrin
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:28 am
Yeah...
I went for the Romeo/Mercutio thing too.
And Duma/(the other angel dude whoes name I forgot) from Neil Gaiman's "The Sandman"...even though neither of them have genitals. sweatdrop
I...I like...crack pairings.
They're just so silly but they're just so much fun!

carrionteeth

Versatile Worshipper

11,925 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

deadaccountkit

Greedy Tycoon

7,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:44 pm
Attack of the late reply! Ok I have pairings like this too. I feel bad for liking them but I want to see more! gonk

For starters people are throwing Draco/Harry and Wilson/House at me. Everyone goes "DOOO EEET...YOU MUST" I get all weird but not in that "Oh this is gross." weird, it's like a "MUST NOT STARE BUT I WANT TOO FOR SOME REASON." weird. sweatdrop Apart from books and T.V. shows I've been getting into Persona3 and so far I started developing favorite pairings. Pairings like Almost Every GuyxMain Character(except when it comes to Bebe and "Pharos", Ken acts like a adult so he goes into the Seme-in-Training category in my opinion), JunpeixAkihiko, ShinjixAkihiko, and ShinjixKen. I've also been sliding into the whole GanondorfxLink fandom. I've also had a dream that had SmokerxHunter(L4D) but I don't think it means anything. 3nodding

So many guilty pleasures. eek  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:18 pm
I don't know why but I've always enjoyed seeing the villain and the hero together. redface  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:00 am
Oh god, guilty pairings.

>Romeo/Mercutio
I actually can't ship this anymore. It was all fine and dandy, we were reading it in English and I shipped them, until one day I was talking about it with a friend and I didn't realise that my English teacher was standing behind us... gonk

Indiana Jones/Henry Jones Sr. I totally understand what you mean about not wanting to drag a fandom down to Internet levels, because it's a good trilogy and even the fourth was good for what it was, and I like Indiana/Marion, darn it... what's even worse is that I became a Indiana/Henry fan before I even saw the Indiana Jones movies (It was one story that did it), so when I watched Last Crusade, the whole thing was like a romance between the two.

Then there's this series, Inspector Morse, that I watch with my Da, right? The main characters, Morse and Lewis, are practically canon, so I wouldn't count it as a guilty pairing at all, except when I'm watching it with my Da, it's just awkward to be internally joygasming over something insanely sexy that Morse has said to Lewis and then out of the corner of my eye see my Da sitting there with his seriousface on, with him just totally ignorant, just innocently watching his favourite programme...

Oh, has anyone heard of Enid Blyton? How about the Six Cousins books? Because I totally ship Twigg and Jack. Come on, Jack sneaks out at night to see Twigg--and goes against his father's orders in doing so... that's serious business for Jack. They don't have a lot of scenes together in the book, but whenever they talk they just get along so well, totally best buddies (even Jack's concern over Twigg's poaching seems more like a lover's worrying). Jane Pape's illustrations are also partly to blame. One of the pictures of their nightly jaunts has them crouched in the bush really close together; another with them staring at each other almost lustfully; yet another with Twigg staring at Jack's arse... and Jack looks 19, 20 in these pictures? True, I haven't actually found any content for them, but I'm working on it (just for my own personal interest, since I'm not sure there's even one other person out there that likes them). I just feel guilty... besides the fact that Jack's only fifteen, and that the whole story isn't about romance at all, it's about families being all family-like and cosy... I used to read this book as a kid... and I sort of shipped it then, too. (Y'know what, I'm not going to even start with the Boxcar Children... Henry/Jessie (whoops typo). I know, I'm a terrible, terrible person.)  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff