Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
~*Strawberry's Journal*~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is thirty lbs a good goal? >.<
  Yes!
  ...too much to aim for if not definitively overweight?
View Results

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:05 pm
STRAWBERRY'S JOURNAL
a girl's self-improvement quest to be healthy + look better + feel better
updated at least every week ♥

Hello to all!! ♥♥

My name is Strawberry [immature nickname]. This journal will track my procedures & progresses & thoughts as I start (and hopefully keep motivated on) my journey of losing THIRTY pounds (as of today, May 25th 2009). I will post statistics/etc. information in each journal entry. Please wish me luck. x3

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:27 am
DATE: May 25, 2009

A little self-introduction...

I am a fifteen-year-old girl in high school. Being Asian, I’ve been compared all my life to the standards of attractiveness in Asian culture – petite, pale – all of which I fell miles short of obtaining. While I realized the idiocy in persuading the impossible for me, it bothers me that people struggle to identify me as a girl (due to my short haircut and my completely rectangular figure).

I realize that I am probably losing weight for the “wrong reasons”, but I do not know how I can live semi-comfortably otherwise. I know that losing weight won’t completely change my self-image and that I will probably still remain lesser-than-attractive (weight doesn’t determine all of one’s attractiveness, certainly). But at least I will be slimmer and not self-conscious about THAT, if still self-conscious about everything else… and not weigh twice as much as my boyfriend’s ex?

My scale at home is currently malfunctioning + giving inaccurate readings lighter than actual. I will get a scale to properly weigh myself sooner or later but for now, must live not being able to weigh myself every day. I currently weigh approximately 145 lbs [not from my broken scale], and at 5’ 6” my BMI is about 23.5. My goal is to drop down to 115 lbs (low end of healthy BMI), though any amount lost would please me.

And here I start.

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:06 pm
I think it's awesome you've got your goals all liked up for yourself. You'll do great. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:09 pm
DATE: May 27, 2009

DAY 3

I finally learned how to cook something today. Vegetable stew... >.< I don't like raw vegetables but I like vegetable stew a lot so I guess this is what I'll be eating for quite a while. Basically, boil carrots + celery + potatoes (last ingredient boiled first) in 99% fat free canned asian chicken broth (25 cal/serving, that's only 100 for two cans). Add salt & chicken MSG. Add pepper/italian seasoning. Done. Not a complete recipe but it's easy to make.

I haven't been counting calories and nor have I been trying to eat much less... just healthier items (vegetable soup, 100-calorie light yogurts, rice). Since I was practically living off McDonalds a few days ago, I'll take it slowly to not go extreme and on a potato chips rampage. All of my previous "diets" failed because I made strict rules and couldn't keep them up, but this time I'll take it slower.

Exercise-wise, haven't started on anything. >__<;; LOTS of homework and studying to do for rest of the week & weekend, don't know what to do. I can't play sports but I can always... go jogging? [and play DDR!!]

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:10 pm
Seraphsody
I think it's awesome you've got your goals all liked up for yourself. You'll do great. ^_^

Thanks! ♥

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:32 pm
DATE: May 28, 2009

DAY 4

Not feeling much different. Well. Hmm. I’m still eating until I get full – just avoiding junk food & loading up on fruits & vegetables. Yay for vegetable stew! Lots of tests next week ((finals coming up)) so a load of stress. Good timing for starting an exercise plan or not? &&MUST GET A NEW SCALE...

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

Cattilia

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:05 pm
Ahh. Eating until you're full is bad. D:
You should eat until you are half full.
Usually, I eat less than 400 calories each meal but that's just me (cause I lose weight really slow... ex: 21 days = 4 pounds).
Some fruits are high in calories so you shouldn't eat TOO much fruits.
That's basically it for me... Oh, and eating McDonald's is really bad. Try to eat McDonald's a little less or just cut it out completely. Sorry if I sounded snobby. Dx

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:02 pm
Not entirely, eating until you're full isn't *wrong*, it doesn't work for many people because the mechanisms that tell us that we're full are partially psychological.

Any time when you're stressed is a good time to exercise, as it'll actually help you. You'll be fine.  

Tandahda
Crew

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:00 am
iStarcast
Usually, I eat less than 400 calories each meal but that's just me (cause I lose weight really slow... ex: 21 days = 4 pounds).
That's basically it for me... Oh, and eating McDonald's is really bad. Try to eat McDonald's a little less or just cut it out completely. Sorry if I sounded snobby. Dx

Eating until stuffed = definitely bad. I now try to aim for... 75% full? >.<;; (not enough willpower to go for half full) I try to stuff myself w/ cucumbers & celery & good stuff. :3

Less than 400 calories per meal = do you snack throughout the day? o.o

Bananas = my favorite fruit. T__T Everything in moderation, I guess.

Last summer I took classes somewhere that had a McDonalds right next to it. I had breakfast & lunch there (back then: absolutely no regard towards health) for almost the whole summer... That's like a personal Supersize Me experience ((horrifying)). I'll work hard to get it completely out of my system.

Thx for the tips! ♥♥

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:03 am
Seraphsody
Not entirely, eating until you're full isn't *wrong*, it doesn't work for many people because the mechanisms that tell us that we're full are partially psychological.

Any time when you're stressed is a good time to exercise, as it'll actually help you. You'll be fine.

Physically full = what I'm working towards. Psychologically, I am probably never satisfied. T.T I'll probably go for a run today after 6-hour homework marathon. x]

Thanks for the tips! ♥♥♥

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:18 am
DATE: May 30, 2009

DAY 6

It's been almost a week, but I think I'm seeing progress already. o.o;; I STILL DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO A WORKING, NON-BROKEN SCALE but I can sort of tell. I successfully zipped up old size 3 jeans this morning, and my dad lifted me and walked me around the house w/o breaking a sweat. x3 Normally when I try to diet, I drop pounds like crazy the first few days and then it's a standstill. T.T

Survived a week, eating until I'm full w/ mostly vegetable stew diet and not feeling starving. Yayy. I hope I keep this up. ♥ (although in weight loss, I'll have to work harder the next weeks - magical first week is almost over)

Still haven't started exercising... just trying to walk around more than usual... crunches/push-ups? Do they work? XD

Stuff I usually eat now:
Tomatoes w/ splenda.
Vegetable (carrot, celery, potato) stew in low-fat chicken broth.
White rice.
Potato bread (moderation, a slice a day).
American cheese (a slice a day to cease the McDonalds cravings).
Fat free yogurt (about 90-100 calories/cup).
White chicken.
Bigelow tea w/ splenda.
Crystal Light drink mix.
Apples.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:01 pm
Strawberry Candy Fantasy
iStarcast

Eating until stuffed = definitely bad. I now try to aim for... 75% full? >.<;; (not enough willpower to go for half full) I try to stuff myself w/ cucumbers & celery & good stuff. :3

Last summer I took classes somewhere that had a McDonalds right next to it. I had breakfast & lunch there (back then: absolutely no regard towards health) for almost the whole summer... That's like a personal Supersize Me experience ((horrifying)). I'll work hard to get it completely out of my system.

Thx for the tips! ♥♥

Welcome and I don't snack through out the day. Only sometimes. xD

Cattilia

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:28 pm
iStarcast
Strawberry Candy Fantasy
iStarcast

Thx for the tips! ♥♥

Back from stalking your journal.
You're only 12 = don't eat TOO little! o.o

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:40 am
Strawberry Candy Fantasy
iStarcast
Strawberry Candy Fantasy
iStarcast

Thx for the tips! ♥♥

Back from stalking your journal.
You're only 12 = don't eat TOO little! o.o

I won't. And I'll make sure I don't get an eating disorder either. O_O  

Cattilia

Chloe_the_Cursed

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:14 pm

What I do is eat 5 or 6 small meals a day instead of 3 bigger meals a day. It keeps my metabolism going and keeps me from getting really hungry. 3nodding

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff