Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Something that pisses you off about Gaia? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ii-See-Stars-x

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:19 pm
Gaia is a kickass website, but let's face it, it has its imperfections. What pisses me off about gaia is that:
1. It's kinda hard to earn ALOT of gold at once, and by alot i mean in the 500's (or i just kinda suck at getting gold, if u know any good quick ways to get gold, please PM me?)
2. You have to save up ALOT of gold to get some really good items, like EI's and such, unless you have Gaia Cash.
3. The hairstyles, not the best I've seen in the world. They've got some really awesome ones, but a lot of them just suck.

So Got Goth? members, what do you think?  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:04 pm
User Image
Well, I wouldn't be questing Bunny Slippers if I thought it was hard to earn gold. xD

My big things are glitches (which I know isn't really their fault). And the people (Also not really their fault). Not all people here are bad, but there are a lot of people that don't care for the rules, and those are the people I do not like.
User Image

Morrighu

Distrustful Kitten

6,625 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

ii-See-Stars-x

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:14 pm
Morrighu
User Image
Well, I wouldn't be questing Bunny Slippers if I thought it was hard to earn gold. xD

My big things are glitches (which I know isn't really their fault). And the people (Also not really their fault). Not all people here are bad, but there are a lot of people that don't care for the rules, and those are the people I do not like.
User Image

yeah im not that great with earning gold haha.... help me? lol  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:00 pm
User Image
Play games, post a lot, do the aquarium. And sell art if you can do it. xD

And all those little "100 gold for watching this video" sponsor quests add up after a while. *nods*
User Image

Morrighu

Distrustful Kitten

6,625 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:12 am
Things on gaia that have slowly driven me insane( in the bad way):

~ The introduction of gaian cash has skewed the gaian economy greatly with the introduction of evolving items.

~ The pushing of the boundaries of their own PG-13 rating in more recent manga.

~ The lessening of the importance of donation items ie monthly collectibles. They used to actually seem to care about creating good items for people with many posses, but the attitude seems to be now that if you want a good item you have to pay more money for it.

~ The aquarium system. In theory it was a good thing... except the fact you have to pay real money to gain fish unless you are lucky enough to get some from daily chance, or want to pay overinflated market place prices.

~ To me it seems to easy to gain gold in comparison to years ago when posting and polling where your best options. Now there is daily chance, fish tanks, and ZOMG to all quickly and easily generate gold. On top of that there is also market whoring if you have the savvy and the desire to take some risks in investing in items you feel will definitely increase in value over time.

Well, those are just some ramblings of a bit of an old timer. Part of why I don't spend as much time on gaia as I used to when I first joined and was rather enamored of it all.  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:47 pm
Gaia is a complete bureaucracy, never get caught up in anything, they ban first and ask questions [never].  

Maniacal Hatter

Shirtless Raider

8,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Requiem Dare

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:02 pm
Well, some of the people really do annoy me and piss me off. sweatdrop But otherwise, I just don't like that it makes my computer's internet connection run slowly after a while! Overall, though, I think this site is awesome in a cardboard can.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:41 pm
Requiem Dare
Well, some of the people really do annoy me and piss me off. sweatdrop But otherwise, I just don't like that it makes my computer's internet connection run slowly after a while! Overall, though, I think this site is awesome in a cardboard can.
What computer and kind of connection are you using?  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Todd186

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:57 pm
You can't PM that fast  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:38 pm
The unfair bannings
Gaia Cash
HAirstyles
Slow in earning gold.
Inflation. ><  

Sadistic Rainbows

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Dressed Up 200

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:03 pm
TwiztidMetal
Gaia is a complete bureaucracy, never get caught up in anything, they ban first and ask questions [never].
There's too many people here to discuss bannings. That's just impractical.
Also "complete bureaucracy" used like a curse word... that made me laugh.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:08 pm
I've had a hard time getting gold and im not going to waste my money on getting gaia cash but you end up using it up so fast since everything costs so much. Also the stupid @ss hackers who keep taking my stuff ( i dont give away my email or password either)  

hellsweetlife

Autumn Caledonia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:46 pm
My issue with Gaia is the same issue I have with anything on the internet: the fact that everyone is basically anonymous and people take advantage of that to be a bunch of douchebags.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:59 pm
the PMing thing bugs me when I'm in a hurry and the gold problem. everything costs so GD much, unless you use real money to buy gaia cash. it's really unfair  

Angelica_Eve_Nguyen

Angelic Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200

ii-See-Stars-x

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:36 pm
hellsweetlife
I've had a hard time getting gold and im not going to waste my money on getting gaia cash but you end up using it up so fast since everything costs so much. Also the stupid @ss hackers who keep taking my stuff ( i dont give away my email or password either)

so true. it's so hard to earn gold. i earn like 1k every two days..... its ANNOYING and then everything's so expensive.... or at least the better items are. like u can get pretty decent ones for 3k or so, otherwise you have to get gaia cash or REALLY save up.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff