Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Coming Soon to a Workshop Near You

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:33 pm
Some of us live closer to one another than we might think.
Especially you Lurkers. I see you. ninja

So I figured it would be spiffy if we could share some information on available workshops in our area.

I plan to update this pretty soon with some of the ones around Washington.

Summerstar Festival Workshops
Hosted at Summerstar, July 16-19th

Ritual Drumming Workshop-
Every year the same workshop gives tips on drumming and drumming etiquette.

Skyclad Ritual-
A ritual with Nora Cedarwind Young
Meet at the temple following Ocho Pies for an awakening and honoring of the beauty of community, self and wondrous expression.

Styles of Understanding Deity
With... well, Me.
This half hour open discussion will explore the different ways people relate to the universe and the divine by exploring the language used to identify different theistic worldviews through the ages. Through language we express ourselves, communicating ideas and concepts intended to help us relate to one another.

Religions all have their own jargon, but certain common beliefs about deities have run through the ages. While no two or three words will ever be able to fully express the deep and meaningful nature of our relationships with the gods, by sharing ideas and communicating key concepts, we can better expand our understanding of ourselves and others, giving us a springboard to build bridges through language and the spirit.

Why Skyclad?
A workshop with Nora Cedarwind Young
Come meet and greet with your questions, thoughts or concerns in this pre-ritual workshop. We will discuss aspects of why doing ritual Skyclad is empowering, beautiful and a joy before the Gods! Open to anyone with interest in the subject and or participation in the ritual!

~~~

Thresholds of Life: An End-of-Life Workshop-
A workshop with Nora Cedarwind Young, Certified Death Midwife,
Hospice Chaplain & Priestess
August 14, 15, 16, 2009
Indianola, Washington

Come together in circle to empower yourself, your family, community and friends. Learn to honor the passing of a loved one through a home funeral, green burial or vigil. Reclaim the time honored traditions of home death care and choice through education. This practical, hands-on workshop is for you, caregivers, families planning a loved one's passing, ministers, hospice staff or volunteers, end-of-life professionals, community advocates and those pursuing this life's work.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:13 pm
I'm not at work so I can't look at the calendar for exact dates but Christopher Penzak and Ellen Dugan are coming to Books Beans and candles to teach classes. Anyone willing to make the trip to Alabama is more than welcome to attend;P  

liantha-ray

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:13 pm
liantha-ray
I'm not at work so I can't look at the calendar for exact dates
Please do.
Quote:

but Christopher Penzak and Ellen Dugan are coming to Books Beans and candles to teach classes.
Penzak is more of a reason for me to boycot than anything else. But hey- the ethical standards I hold aren't everyone's thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:32 pm
what about Christopher Penzak would make you want to boycott?  

liantha-ray

Nines19

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:39 pm
Tea, anything in particular about Ellen Dugan that you dislike?
Just wondering as I've listened to an interview with her and she seems like a fairly nice person.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:41 pm
Nines19
Just wondering as I've listened to an interview with her and she seems like a fairly nice person.

Did you listen to the Elemental Castings interview? I liked her a lot too, even though several things just don't jive with me.

Same with Penzack. Although I like his interviews far more than his books.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Nines19

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:00 pm
maenad nuri
Nines19

Did you listen to the Elemental Castings interview? I liked her a lot too, even though several things just don't jive with me.

Yeah.

Mostly what I heard that didn't sit were references to Wicca in a solitary sense, which to be honest I've almost taught myself to filter out as "witchcraft" when I'm not in a position to correct (eg. reading a book or listening to an interview).  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:25 pm
This is really short notice, but if anyone is interested in the Reclaiming Tradition and are in the Raleigh/Durham, NC area:

The Elements of Magic...The Weekend of June 12-14, 2009

It’s elemental. With the art of magic, we deepen our vision and focus our will, empowering ourselves to act in the world. In this class we develop the practice of Magic, Witchcraft, and Goddess spirituality by working with the Elements of Magic: Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit in the tradition of Starhawk and the Reclaiming Collective.

Witchcraft is a growing tradition in our culture today. It is a call from and to the ancient Goddess and Her immanence. It is a call to know ourselves in all of our parts, so that we can create the magic that transforms all worlds. These worlds full of desire, beauty, love and grace surround us, but the cultures of domination and control keep them invisible.

Students will learn and refine techniques such as creating magical space, spellcraft, chanting, trance, energy work, and structuring rituals in an experiential format. The concept of the triple self and its importance in magic will be introduced. Once aligned, we will open all of our selves to the beauty and love around us, creating rituals and practices that heal and bless.

Suggested preparation: Read the first seven chapters of "The Spiral Dance" or all the Elements path in "The Twelve Wild Swans" by Starhawk. This class is considered the first of the Reclaiming tradition core classes. It is required in order to be included in Dragon's Cauldron gatherings.

When: Friday June 12, 2009, 6:30 pm-9:30 pm; Saturday June 13 from 10:00 am–9:00 pm; and Sunday, June 14, from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm.

Where: Private home in a rural setting north of Durham, in Rougemont.

Cost: $40- $100 sliding scale, you decide where you slide. This does not include the cost of food which will consist of 4 potluck meals (lunches on both Saturday and Sunday and evening meals on Friday and Saturday).

Check out The Dragons Cauldron website for info on how to enroll.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:43 pm
Nines19
Nope.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:18 pm
TeaDidikai
Nines19
Nope.

Noted. Thankee.  

Nines19

patch99329

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:53 am
I too heard Penczak and Dugan on elemental castings.

Again, I liked Dugan and didn't really have a problem with Penczak. Then again I've never read his books.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games