Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Curves program

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Goddess of Lightning

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Okay, so I've just started Curves fitness program thing. Has anyone gone to Curves before? Any opinions on it?  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:12 pm
Curves seems like a good way for someone to 'ease into' exercising at a gym,
but so far as actual strength training goes,
unless you have a pretty low fitness level to start with you're not going to see the kind of results you'd get from working with a trainer at a real gym.

The kind of low intensity circuit training that Curves offers seems most beneficial to those with a low fitness level, or who are quite over weight, or have joint/bone/health issues that make hard lifting or high intensity workouts dangerous to them.

If you're just looking to ease into a nice circuit type training with a decent support system, it definitely would be a nice way to 'get your feet wet' in the gym world, but if you're looking to get ripped with a sweet set of abs, or already have a decent level of fitness, your money would better be invested in a personal trainer.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Goddess of Lightning

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:37 pm
Thank you! I really wasn't sure how Curves compared to other programs. I was giving it a try for a month, but I'm thinking of going to 24 fitness place. Curves is very comfortable though. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:31 pm
I used to go to Anytime Fitness, and I really liked it.

Never tried Curves, but I know people who have gone. They say it's really easy, and that it's more for people who want to stay in shape than those trying to get into shape.  

Kasumi Kama

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:07 pm
My understanding of Curves is that it's a circuit training work out and that's very beneficial for both weight loss and muscle training. I'd love to be able to go to curves, but I can't afford it.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games