Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pokemon Unleashed
Wanted: Ideas to increase guild activity. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you looking forwards to the gold/silver remakes?
yes
80%
 80%  [ 28 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
pancakes!
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 35

krishnath

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:50 am
Not much is happening here, so I thought it would be a good idea to solicit ideas to increase member activity.

Now, to encourage people to come up with ideas, I will personally pay 10k to the first person to come up with an idea that works.

So, anyone game?

Edit: I made a guild mascot discussion thread to keep this thread on topic. ^^
It can be found here:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=15624325  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:35 am
Well we could Advertise it by going into the worlds, and posting Join Pokemon Unleashed for all of your pokemon needs, and then you give them advice on anything they ask, how about that?  

Sands of Fate

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100

krishnath

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:02 am
That could work, unfortunately, due to my duties as a mod assistant, I cannot do so myself. It is a good idea though.

More ideas, plox. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:09 pm
I've been saying I'd get the home page redone. I promiose, I'll work on that...
I think we should hold contests and stuff in the guild's name, so people who enter them would be tempted to join. Like, hold an art contset run by the guild, so it's like free advertising. And maybe we could use the art for the home page design or something...
In general, I think we need to advertise. And clean out the forums a bit. Maybe go through and find the inactive members and remove them, and delete some of the old crappy topics that no ones ever posted in.
And another battle event might go over okay-ish. Those were helpful in the past, though they're a pain to run.....  

Negai Boshi
Captain

krishnath

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:52 am
Hmm.... Makes sense.

Advertising
Art Contest
(cleaning out inactive members and topics with 0 posts)
Battle Event.

It's a start... ^^  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:38 pm
We could have a pokemon unleashed gym contest. it would not have to be 8 gym leaders but maybe, 4 or so and have a 1k gaia gold prize. it would take some organization of regs to moderate. but it may help boost some activity.  

Gnome Serial

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:44 pm
We attempted that in a different guild I was in once. The guild died, but I thought that was a fun idea......  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:50 am
Actually, I like this idea. A lot.

But, we should increase the prize some. Say, 5k? I am willing to pay it myself of course. Each gym leader needs to be compensated as well, just to make sure that none of them flake like last time we attempted to organize a league. >.<

Edit: Just had another thought, we need an official guild mascot. It of course needs to be an existing pokemon, but it needs to have a distinct appearance as well...  

krishnath

Sands of Fate

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:07 am
Mascot? how about a pikachu? everyone loves pikachu, hes a classic pokemon.^^  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:03 am
Little Master Reaper MD2

Overdone.

We have manaphy in the guild banner though...  

krishnath

Gingeria

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:25 pm
krishnath
Little Master Reaper MD2

Overdone.

cyndaquil maybe?

Also for the gym leader idea for battles would they be specializing in a one type of pokemon or be all different types?  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:45 am
Gingeria
krishnath
Little Master Reaper MD2

Overdone.

cyndaquil maybe?

Also for the gym leader idea for battles would they be specializing in a one type of pokemon or be all different types?

I was thinking that each leader would have a theme rather than specialize in a specific type. The theme could be almost anything, for example a gym leader whose theme was myth could be using any of the following: Ninetails (Kitsune), Arcanine (Foo Dog), Rapidash (Kirin), Dragonite, Charizard or Salamence (Classic Western Dragon), Infernape (Monkey King), Gyarados/Milotic (Sea Serpent), Froslass (Yuki-on-na), Tyranitar (Behemoth/Godzilla), Lapras (Nessie), Wailord (Leviathan) and/or Blastoise (Kappa) for example.
This would give the gym leaders more flexibility in choosing their teams, making them a little more unpredictable in combat. ^^  

krishnath

Gingeria

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:22 pm
krishnath
Gingeria
krishnath
Little Master Reaper MD2

Overdone.

cyndaquil maybe?

I was thinking that each leader would have a theme rather than specialize in a specific type. The theme could be almost anything, for example a gym leader whose theme was myth could be using any of the following: Ninetails (Kitsune), Arcanine (Foo Dog), Rapidash (Kirin), Dragonite, Charizard or Salamence (Classic Western Dragon), Infernape (Monkey King), Gyarados/Milotic (Sea Serpent), Froslass (Yuki-on-na), Tyranitar (Behemoth/Godzilla), Lapras (Nessie), Wailord (Leviathan) and/or Blastoise (Kappa) for example.
This would give the gym leaders more flexibility in choosing their teams, making them a little more unpredictable in combat. ^^
Now that sounds interesting. Although Ninetales isn't the only fox pokemon as Eevee's resemble foxes as well and its preevolved form of vulpix. Also congrats on finally becoming a site moderator  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:29 pm
Gingeria
krishnath
Gingeria
krishnath
Little Master Reaper MD2

Overdone.

cyndaquil maybe?

Now that sounds interesting. Although Ninetales isn't the only fox pokemon as Eevee's resemble foxes as well and its preevolved form of vulpix. Also congrats on finally becoming a site moderator

That does sound cool, althouygh a bit too broad if you ask me. And Golduck IS a kappa, blastiose is just a turtle, though Im sure there are tons of mythological turtles...but I like that more than just types by elements. I mean, we all know that water beats fire and whatnot. But I think we'd want to be tighter with the classification, and make sure they have a reason for every pokemon on the team...  

Negai Boshi
Captain

Pokemon Unleashed

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas