Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Festivals

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:08 pm
So, everyone should know by now that I attend (and work at) Summerstar.

What festivals do you attend?
What kinds of rituals are done?
What do you like best about the festival?
What would you change if you could?  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:14 am
Do festivals that celebrate the onset of spring count? Because the Lilac Festival was absolutely beautiful.  

Recursive Paradox

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:05 pm
So far, I've been to Beltaine and Drum & Splash at Four Quarters Farm a pagan campground/collective/farm in southwester Pennsylvania.

There's always great fire circles and drumming. Last year at Beltaine, there was a ritual with bees that was pretty cool. This year we made wishes and pledges for the year. At Drum & Splash the only ritual per se was a Vodoun one honoring the dead, but there was a lot of ecstatic drumming, dancing, and a masquerade.

I like the atmosphere. The location is beautiful and I get to hang out with many of my friends, swim in the creek, dance, drum, fire... It's quite replenishing for my soul.

I'm not sure what I'd change. Although, there are usually so many things going on I often feel pulled in many directions. Workshops all day and fire circle all night means I have to choose between the scheduled activity and personal activities, and there's often more than one workshop I want to do scheduled at the same time. It can get a little overwhelming—but it's great they have so much to do and I plan to keep coming back, so it works out.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:53 pm
I'm currently looking for a good one in the southern Ontario area that doesn't require camping. ninja  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:04 pm
SpaceTerminal Destiny
I'm currently looking for a good one in the southern Ontario area that doesn't require camping. ninja
I should really look into those. Though I don't mind camping.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:20 pm
i'm a festival newblet. i've never been to one. partially because i have no pagan friends and i'd have to go alone, and partially because i don't know where they are >>;

i live in houston. there should be some around here since houston has decent diversity. i met a pagan who was working at teavana; she's the first one i've seen outside an occult shop and knew it. maybe they're all in the broom closet or something?

aoijea23487

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:24 am
I haven't been to a Festival either, namely because I don't hear of them, or expect to in Arkansas.

But the only big towns that might have a Festival might be Little Rock, or maybe Fayetteville or Jonesboro... and they are all a fair drive from where I live.

I've always wanted to go though. They sound very interesting and full of neat people and workshops.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:41 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn
SpaceTerminal Destiny
I should really look into those. Though I don't mind camping.

Oh it's not that I mind camping, it's just how would I explain it to my parents? xd  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Wandering-Seeker-Kat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:13 pm
Anyone know any good festivals and/or get-togethers in Oklahoma? I can't really find any other Pagans around here....

Though, a good place to look for fellow pagans is at a local Renfaire. I just need to find the Renfaire people as well...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:21 pm
Have you checked witchvox.com?  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Wandering-Seeker-Kat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:46 pm
witchvox spammed my email inbox and messed up my old computer.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:52 pm
D:

Did you have your settings set to not receive offer emails and such?
I never get anything related to witchvox in my email.

And you don't really have to set up an account just to browse the listings of people and groups. If you want to get in touch with anyone then you'd need it (obviously).  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Maze

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:04 am
St. Maarten.

Local festivity during which we supposedly honour this Roman dude who got canonized as a Saint for cutting his mantle in half and donating one side to a beggar.

How do we celebrate this?

We make lanterns.

Then, on the 11th of the 11th, we gather at night, to head for the traditional location near the riverbank, where a large collection of firewood awaits us. Then, at 11 past 11, the guy dressed up as a Roman lights the bonfire.

Across the river, they do the same. Kind of awesome.

We also eat.. things.. that.. I don't know the names in English of. XD Kind of like doughnuts, except round?

Oh, and we have booze and stand around and just watch the fire burn.

I'm not sure how the beggar ties in, so my current bet is that they just pasted that on, yay.

I'm trying to figure out where, exactly, it came from and what the origin is, but I'm not having all that much luck yet.

Also, the rhyme we sing is silly.

No official ones here in Dutchland that I'm aware of that you might mean, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:54 pm
Maze
Kind of like doughnuts, except round?
Many doughnuts are round?
Quote:

I'm trying to figure out where, exactly, it came from and what the origin is, but I'm not having all that much luck yet.

Martin of Tours was baptized into the Church at age 18. He had been born of pagan parents, and he lived and served in the Roman Imperial Army around the year 330ACE.

During his service in Amiens in Gaul, he came across a begger. Since he had nothing to give but the clothes on his back, he cut his cloak in half.

He had a vision of Yeshua wearing the cloak. See scripture: Matthew 25:40.

He was actually tricked into being a Bishop.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff