Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you prefer pale skin?
  yes
  no
View Results

Teachidoll

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:52 am
I hate getting tan I get red and zits.And it is hard to avoid the sun when you live in Florida and your friend wants you to hang outside with her.

So what are your tips on getting pale,what sunblock is best and all that.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:08 am
Step one: Learn where the life issues and fashion subforum is.

This thread will be moved soon.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Teachidoll

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:41 am
IY_and_MCR

I know were it is!?  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:44 am
Teachidoll
IY_and_MCR

I know were it is!?

Then you have completed step one.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:55 pm
Well, I have a few suggestions. they are not as popular now as in the 1800s and early 1900s, but skin whitening products:
http://www.whiterskin.com/
http://www.fairandflawlessskin.com/

Next, you can always wear hats, veils, or long sleeve thin or fishnet shirts. Going on and trying to plan things later in the evening, at night, or early in the morning can help. And of course, parasols are simply wonderful.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:58 pm
1) Always, always, always wear a moisturizing sunblock, or a sunblock/skin-creme mix. 12 months a year. Generally speaking, this is just healthy. People who do this have lower rates of skin cancer and visibly age more slowly, both thanks to the preventative benefits of sunblock. Get something stronger for the summer months, something weaker is probably fine for the rest of the year.

2) Cover up. Gloves, hats, veils, tights, whatever. Keep the sun that reaches you to a minimum with these physical barriers.

3) There's a lot of skin-whitening products, as Angel of the End pointed out. For a cheaper solution, I'd also suggest Ultima's Block & White skincare product.  

GilAskan
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:44 pm
One question:

Are you naturally pale/on the lighter side?

Or do you have darker skin and are trying to be paler?  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:48 am
Becoming a shut in worked for me. wink

I suppose that won't be a pretty 'perfectly' pale like you want anyway, but more like a very very unhealthy 'Timmy stay away from her, you might catch it!:Gonk:' kind of pale.

Anyway... In serious responses, the best advice your probably gonna get on this would be what GilAskan and Angel have already posted.  

Awesome Akwardness

pain of lust

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:49 pm
i have realy pale skin . i was born like that but idk how to get it and keep it i gusse you just stay in the shead  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:44 pm
Honestly...I just don't go outside that often at all. I am, according to most people, very pale, and I simply don't go outside much, and when I do, I wear sunscreen, or long-sleeves when the weather isn't too hot. But, who wants to go outside in hot weather, anyway? xp  

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

LaceyBones

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:33 am
I'm naturally pale too. Got it from my rich European heritage.

I suggest staying indoors as much as possible, but if you have to go outside, bring a parasol or umbrella, and wear sunscreen (I suggest Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Dry Touch SPF 85+). You don't have to cover up completely, unless you want to pass out from the heat, just stay in the shade.

Good luck deary.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:34 pm
Teachidoll
I hate getting tan I get red and zits.And it is hard to avoid the sun when you live in Florida and your friend wants you to hang outside with her.

So what are your tips on getting pale,what sunblock is best and all that.
work in the mines  

the_underworks

SADERR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:30 pm
I'm part native american, as well as french, so good luck for me. I'm light, but I always look like I have a tan. I dunno, I actually like my skin tone how it is. I've always figured, this is me, so what?
Don't dye it with anything that ight not work out so well no matter what. xP  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:01 pm
I'm naturally pale. I never "tan" but my skin sometimes ends up an ugly pinkish color during the summer if I get too much sun. >.< Therefore, the sun is my enemy. I usually use spray on sunscreen from Banana Boat, SPF 50. You have to make sure you cover all of your skin though, and if you go swimming, it will wear off. (I went tubing, and I got a terrible, terrible sunburn because I didn't reapply. I had red flipflop lines on my feet for ages!) This probably isn't the best stuff for everyday wear, though. It smells funky to me.

Generally, I would say avoid the sun if you can, and use sunscreen or some sort of thin, protective clothing if you can't. Also, like other people have mentioned, they do make white face makeup. Another trick you can try is to get foundation one or two tones lighter than your actual skin, and that will make you look paler. Just make sure to blend it in well! You don't want nasty makeup lines.

Requiem Dare

Lady Vendetta Iceflame

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,425 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:30 am
I have a natural paleness despite being Native... I live indoors virtually all the time, use SPF 100 (my skin gets red supereasy), cover up in dark blues/greens (loose clothes in the summer- ventilation and protection!) and avoid whitening products- they fail. I use anti-rosacea mediacated creams because I have to, but that does help... aside, there isnt much you can do-ooh, i dont know why, but being slightly chilled pales the skin (but I dont think ya wanna do that xD)  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff