Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
Designated Fox Hunting Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Britain Blue

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:49 am
MODNOTE/
Titular change, since all debate on fox hunting is technically redundant to this thread. - FiF
/MODNOTE

Briefly glancing at the paper today, it announced that the fox hunting
"season" starts today and supporters are grouping together...Somewhere.

There are people hunting foxes with golden eagles/ birds of prey (apparently) now.
And apparently there are still people using dogs to hunt them regardless of the new Act (is it actually a Law?)

I don't know... >__<

Whaddo you lot think about This?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:19 pm
Good stuff, I support the huntsmen completely.

When law fails to serve good, honest and decent people then people should not be bound by it. This contemptible government has an annoying tendency to ban things rather than deal with the real issues in the country.

I would like to think that this is the start of a glorious British backlash whereby a naturally freedom-loving people rejects an incompetent and nannying government by colluding to keep bars as smoking and cutting down all those superfluous speed-cameras.

Invictus_88
Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:22 pm
Painted Britain Blue
And apparently there are still people using dogs to hunt them regardless of the new Act (is it actually a Law?)

I don't know... >__<

It is a law in that it was signed by the queen, however it is undermined by the hypocracy shown my the lower house and the way that it was crudely forced through the upper house by wrongful use of the 'Parliament Act'.

Also, having read most of it, it is not fully worthy of the word Law. 'Shambles' suits it far better. It is very vague.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:01 pm
I don't even want to comment. I just came here to reminisce about a thread on fox hunting in which Invi and I were on opposing teams.

Invictus_88
It is very vague.

You're right about that. This is an issue I have with the current government: if you're going to ban something, ban it. Don't pretend you're banning it and "compromise" to try to please everyone, while failing to please anyone.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:03 pm
Foetus In Fetu
I just came here to reminisce about a thread on fox hunting in which Invi and I were on opposing teams.

*sigh*

Alas, I never did manage to help you see sense.

rolleyes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:06 pm
Invictus_88
Foetus In Fetu
I just came here to reminisce about a thread on fox hunting in which Invi and I were on opposing teams.

*sigh*

Alas, I never did manage to help you see sense.

rolleyes

I have you right where I want you. XD  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:21 pm
In the back of my old car, we won't be travelling far~
rolleyes

Sorry, it seemed fitting.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:38 pm
I was pretty neutral in the whole debate thing. Don't like killing for innocent animals for sport but at least its fairly humane, at least compared to other methods.
Then one night MrFox decided to have some fun and killed 18 ducks at one go. Maybe if it was spring you could have said it was for cubs but it was autumn and it only took 7 away. The rest were left mainly intact, except for the heads which had been chewed off. My poor Daphney. crying It's so hard to tame a duck.
So now I hate foxes and have a go ahead and kill the blighters policy. They kill for fun. stare

I think the government should stop fussing over things like that and try to prevent real animal cruelty a bit more. Or improve the enviroment so the foxes have happier lives with more non poultry chioces as food. Or invest in a get the foxes to eat hens because hens are evil and make them leave the poor ducks alone scheme.
Or other stuff that needs done. And stop diverting the attention from things that are important.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:41 am
I am opposed to blood sports of any kind, though I think we should have public executions of druggies.

*isn't joking*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:44 am
and_solo_said
I am opposed to blood sports of any kind, though I think we should have public executions of druggies.

*isn't joking*

How do you justify that then?  

Invictus_88
Captain

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:46 am
Invictus_88
and_solo_said

*isn't joking*

They are sick, twisted ******** and I want to see them suffer.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:55 am
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said

*isn't joking*

Owen, you are either joking here. Or you are unacceptably and brutally mad.  

Invictus_88
Captain

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:57 am
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said

*isn't joking*

Owen, you are either joking here. Or you are unacceptably and brutally mad.

I am not joking.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:24 am
What then is the root cause of your bizarre stance whereby you value those who dabble in recreational drugs more lowly than countryside vermin?  

Invictus_88
Captain

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:49 am
i'm in full support of the huntsmen! ninja
the govt. are trying to destroy the countryside (traditional tory heartland?) and this is just another way of doing it.
it is the same with Unionist parts of Belfast... they are destroying them by banning their culture and the expression of their culture though parading and also economically... very similar to the countryside situation.  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games