Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Nny's Journal

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:41 am
I'm going to do as another member did and quote my intro:

BunBunNny
My name is Nny and a few days ago I tried putting on some pants I haven't worn in a while. They didn't fit. That's what finally got me into deciding to do better for myself. I am healthy, but out of shape. I've started doing some exercises at home and doing some cardio to and from work. biggrin (I live 30 mins away walking distance.)

I'm 21 years old, 5' and 120 pounds. I want to lose "fat" weight and make it all "muscle" weight.

I've started making better food choices (health bar instead of candy bar) and counting my calories to make sure I don't eat more than I should.

It's hard, but I'm taking baby steps so I don't crash and burn. I want to go out and play DDR! Haha.

I'm also thinking of getting these cardio dancing DVDs I saw on TV. They look like fun and look like something I would actually do!

TL;DR: My pants don't fit and I'm determined to get my a** back into them! xd

Edit: Sun, Nov 15, 2009: I was actually 130 pounds! Not 120 like I mentioned above.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:42 am
Now I'm going to quote my progress for the past week:

BunBunNny
So I've been doing some workouts to help make me stronger. My muscles have become mush from never working out or doing anything.

Within this first week I've noticed an improvement! Here's the break down:

Sunday: I decide to do some jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups and stretching (not in that order).

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: My ab muscles still hurt from the sit ups. On Monday I believe I try to do planks. I lasted about 60 seconds.

Wednesday: I do some more of the same. The sit ups are agony as my abs still hurt a little. I also add in planks (65 seconds).

Thursday: My pain has not increased. So I do more of the same and add in crunches. Also, push-ups and planks (70 seconds) are easier to do now. Next time I plan to push myself a little further in doing these.

To-day: My abs don't hurt really, and I feel good. I also have more energy!
But for some reason my leg muscles hurt A LOT when I walk. This has been going on for about 2 months and I'm ready to see a doctor concerning it.

I plan on pushing myself a little more for next week. Add things and going a little further. Baby steps baby steps. I'm also going to see how I can add more cardio without my legs hurting too much.

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:49 am
4/8/2009 1:45pm

I'm feeling good and hopeful. Like this can be done. It will be done! It must be all the endorphins from doing work outs and stuff, but I don't care. It makes me want to do more. Which is good. Working out makes me feel good and so I continue to work out.

I'm also trying to stay within 1400-1600 calories a day. I read many articles that said that people who consume that little actually live longer, healthier lives.

Studies on rats have shown to double a rat's life span. Studies on humans have shown that 60-year-old person can have the heart of a 20-year-old. So let's stay young! Hehe. :3  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:14 am
Well, it's not just fewer calories. . . It's fewer calories from whole healthy foods. And let me tell you in North American society, eating whole healthy foods all the time can be a very drear existence. ._. Especially dealing with other people.

But it's good for you, and really, once it becomes a habit I'm told it gets easier. ._.  

Tandahda
Crew

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:55 am
Thanks for the note!

6-10-09 10:54am

So I haven't been keeping up with my workouts, but I have still been watching what I eat better!

Notes:
I no longer crave chocolate the way I used to. I still want to eat it, but I don't get all crazy about it.
I now crave more healthy foods. Just thinking about it makes me want a salad!

I lost an inch! I can pull my belt in one more inch comfortably! WHOOT!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:14 am
7-11-09 11:09am

So I haven't been doing so well, eating more than I should at times and not eating as smart as I should. D:

But I joined weight watchers with my cousin. It's very interesting, actually. It's not about eating less, it's about eating smart.

For example:
2 slices of bread is 4 points. Sure, you can eat them but you're not full for very long.

Instead, have 1 egg, 1 egg white, a slice of cheese, .5 cup sliced mushrooms, ad 1.5 cup of strawberries. All of that for 4 points!

It also allows you a set amount of "extra" points every week so you don't feel deprived. I like that idea a lot because then I don't feel bad for going over my point allowance once in a while.

And since I walk about an hour a day, I'm getting double the amount of exercise they ask you to do a day. :3

Sounds reasonable to me! So my first goal is to lose 7 pounds. Can I do it? Yes I can!

Edit: I also started playing DDR again. There's a workout mode and it gives you a goal of losing x amount of calories. It's preset to 150 so I'm leaving it like that for now. So far I've met the goal yesterday and to-day! Yay!  

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:09 am
7-18-2009

I lost three pounds! I went to my second Weight Watchers meeting and lost three pounds in my first week!

I'm so excited! Whoohoo! I'm halfway to my 5% goal which is 7 pounds.

Cheer me on, losers, for I am a loser!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:49 pm
8-16-09

I missed 3 meetings which puts me in a tight spot. I'm not allowed to miss any more meetings for 6 months. Meh! D: BUT! I'm down by 5 pounds!

Current weight: 125! Whoo!

I'm so excited. Also: Subways has mini subs that are real good and filling. According to my book the sub I made costs 8 points. :3 Oh oh oh, and the apple things are 0 points! So this is easy! And yummy and I'm losing weight! Yay!

I am a loser!  

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 am
Wed, Sep 30 2009
11:23AM

So I'm down 7 pounds guys! Seven whole pounds! My corset fits again and I almost fit into these pants I got from a Metamorphose Lucky pack! (Tiny things they are, I thought I'd have to be anorexic to fit them.)

I'm so excited!

I also joined a weight loss competition at my school. 5 weeks of working out and whichever team of 5 loses the most weight collectively wins! biggrin

I'm 124 now and my goal is 115. Root me on guys!!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:01 am
*cheers* Well done! That's awesome that you've got some support and that you've done so well! I know you'll come to a place where you're happy.  

Tandahda
Crew

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:37 pm
Sun, Nov 15, 2009
3:36pm

I can fit into my jeans again! The ones mentioned in the beginning of my diary! Whooo! I can fit into them again! biggrin I'm so excited.

I'm roughly 123-122. I'm not far off from my goal and I'm so happy! Haha! I've kept you guys in mind the entire time! Thanks Gaian Losers for the inspiration to keep going. heart

Love ~<3 BunBunNny  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff