Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Getting stronger

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:28 am
So I've been doing some workouts to help make me stronger. My muscles have become mush from never working out or doing anything.

Within this first week I've noticed an improvement! Here's the break down:

Sunday: I decide to do some jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups and stretching (not in that order).

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: My ab muscles still hurt from the sit ups. On Monday I believe I try to do planks. I lasted about 60 seconds.

Wednesday: I do some more of the same. The sit ups are agony as my abs still hurt a little. I also add in planks (65 seconds).

Thursday: My pain has not increased. So I do more of the same and add in crunches. Also, push-ups and planks (70 seconds) are easier to do now. Next time I plan to push myself a little further in doing these.

To-day: My abs don't hurt really, and I feel good. I also have more energy!
But for some reason my leg muscles hurt A LOT when I walk. This has been going on for about 2 months and I'm ready to see a doctor concerning it.

I plan on pushing myself a little more for next week. Add things and going a little further. Baby steps baby steps. I'm also going to see how I can add more cardio without my legs hurting too much.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:56 am
Wow! You can do sixty seconds of planks! Augh. I can do fourty at best. And that's me improving, when I started I could do fifteen seconds.

I have found that I build muscles, tone, and definition very easily, and I'll lose it just as quickly if I don't keep up with my work outs. And really it turns out that this is the same for everyone usually. It's just that I vary wildly in my level of activity. ._.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Health--Science/Inactivity-leads-to-quick-muscle-loss/articleshow/4216981.cms  

Tandahda
Crew

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:24 am
I did 60 on my first try. I wanted to see how long I can go. At 60 I was like "NO MORE!!!" Hahah. :3

@ Article: OH SNAP! That explains why when I spent 2 months indoors doing NOTHING I was jelly when I went back to school. Sheesh. O_O I am definitely going to keep my a** in shape. O:  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games